Planetcricket IC10 Q&A thread discussion

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
In IC2010 you have to play the game as the sport is played. As we?ve said before many times, some people will go for 6s all the time and then complain that the scorecards are not like real life: it?s because a lot of the time you are not playing the game like they would in real life.
Does that mean you will get scores of 600 in 50 overs or get scores of 51 in a test match?

Were my questions not selected or did they delete them not bothering to answer them?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Were my questions not selected or did they delete them not bothering to answer them?
No one's questions were asked directly. I assembled a list of questions based on the questions asked, as many overlapped. I think the essence of most questions got in.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
No stats tracking as expected:mad: The bowling was not mentioned much either which means the same mechanics will be there. I would have liked them to tweak that aspect of the game. I am not a fan of length system on AC 09. Power stick does seem intriguing but I cant say the same about Action Cam. Anyways thanks for great Q & A guys. PC proves again why it is the best site out there.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Doesn't seem like they changed much apart from action cam and the obvious flaws that anyone could see (run out bug, unresponsiveness of AI when fielding, etc). They sort of dodged the question about test match cricket so I suspect that that mode hasn't been given much attention.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
For full disclosure, "Another online issue was mid-game dropouts, what has been done in regards to connection stability and is there now an option to save an online game, which is really a must for playing the longer forms of the game?" was asked and omitted. All other questions were answered as asked.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
For full disclosure, "Another online issue was mid-game dropouts, what has been done in regards to connection stability and is there now an option to save an online game, which is really a must for playing the longer forms of the game?" was asked and omitted. All other questions were answered as asked.

Damn, I would have wanted the answer to that one. Don't think they have a save option though, otherwise they would have bragged about it.

I think the fairness meter in the online mode just isn't enough. I like what they do in ICC09 where they have a column called 'Disqs' (or something along those lines) which basically keeps count of the number of times that a player has quitted. The problem was that it also added to the tally when the game just froze though this shouldn't be a hard fix.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Hmmm, I'll definately be waiting for reviews until I buy this game. One good aspect is that there will be ten custom teams so i can create another Aussie Domestic roster.

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Well done PC, very good interview.

Nearly a year on and i am still playing Ashes 2009 on the PS3 and like it, yes it has some bugs and against AI it can be sometimes annoying but playing against friends is superb. So for me if IC2010 fixes the bugs that AC2009 then I am more than happy to purchase it. Like the idea of a super league with all star teams, that could be very good, especially when playing with friends.

Online it would have been good to see a Did Not Finish percentage (like what FIFA 10 has) but for me again this is not to much of a problem as only ever play online against friends.

The stat tracking would have been good feature but to be honest I would much rather they concentrate on nailing the gameplay this year and add other features like stat tracking in future editions.

It is good to see that Codemasters are now looking at this as a game that is released on a yearly basis, hopefully we can see it evolve in a positive manner over the next few years, we need to remember that it took other sports franchises such as FIFA and PES a few iterations to get things right.

Params7

International Cricketer
Sportmanship rating? :facepalm What is so wrong with Street Fighter 4's disconnect probability % showing up before you play the other person?

There is NO sportsmanship between Indian and Paki players, even if they play the full match. I know the hatemails I got when I obliterated some Paki players in Ashes 09 and there is no way in hell I'm getting a 5/5 rating from them after a bad beat down.
A disconnect ratio figure instead just flat out tells if the person is going to quit or not, that which nobody can control and it really works weed out the quitters in SF4.

Also :facepalm at no stats. I thought this was pretty high priority? but at least we know it will be coming in future versions, better late than never lol.

Everything else I'm very excited about. The fact that patched Ashes 09 is the starting point of this game means much more realism and action cam looks sweet. 1st Day buy :D

Last edited:

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
yup
if a feature that is requested is there hype it otherwise ignore and give twisted answers or neglect the question

azkhan

Associate Captain
oh my God, create your own world cup tournament? no way i cant Believe it.;)

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

Just found it and all my suspicions are confirmed.

We are getting patched AC09 and nothing more.

Bunch of wanekrs

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread