Review Planetcricket.net Official Review

chaitanyaraghav

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Great Review Colin!
I still didnt get my copy and i am now thinking about it(I'm a loser! Ill get it anyway:doh)
and when did you upgrade? Thats quite a beast of a pc!!

The thought of bowling full always is frustating and i have already stopped playing the demo!

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
People seem to bowl decent lengths online but the problem is it's easy to put those balls away. Way too easy to hit 6s online anyway. Think batting timing zone difficulty must be "easy".
Got new PC last week; very cheap as built it myself with help from a friend.

mareen

Club Cricketer
dont play much test anyway. Im all about online. :D

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Not only Gully and Point but even Keeper, Slips take catches running forward.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
People seem to bowl decent lengths online but the problem is it's easy to put those balls away. Way too easy to hit 6s online anyway. Think batting timing zone difficulty must be "easy".
Got new PC last week; very cheap as built it myself with help from a friend.

Agreed, i think at best it is on normal. This must be addressed in the patch, online must be hard.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Not only Gully and Point but even Keeper, Slips take catches running forward.

I had slips in originally but haven't had a slips or keeper catch for ages so wasn't sure and took it out.

barmyarmy added 0 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Agreed, i think at best it is on normal. This must be addressed in the patch, online must be hard.

Scaleable preferably.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
The batsman while playing some shots look ugly. Have a look at cover drive shot posted by Barmy Army in review. :facepalm

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
evenrudi_sm.jpg

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Ah, that one. No idea what shot he's trying to play there. Think it was a defensive stroke gone wrong. I only put it in because I couldn't believe there was an appeal for a ball hitting 4 foot outside off stump.

ps3geek

School Cricketer
Nice review Barmy!

But don't you think that this game doesn't deserve 9/10 in the graphics department. It falls way short IMO.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
But don't you think that this game doesn't deserve 9/10 in the graphics department. It falls way short IMO.

I'm betraying my own ignorance there as I don't have a lot to compare it to. Having just upgraded my computer and graphics card I guess it was bound to look great to me!

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not really a big gaming fan (I'll buy the Madden Series every year) but I think I might actually buy this game. I haven't brought a cricket game since the 2004 EA sports game on PS2. The Graphics look really good.

Nice Review.

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
Despite all this overall I?m still positive about the game even if I?m not convinced that it?s really anything like test cricket. Just about saved by the depth of gameplay for me. It isn?t as good as Transmission and Codemasters think it is but it?s a solid base to build from if they do something about the issues outlined above.
You summed up the review well colin.Nice review :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread