Play as a player

Muzza

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think that there should be a career mode in EA Sports Cricket 2005. In this You should be able to select a current cricketers career or crete you own player. You should start off with no sponsors and playing in your club, state or county team. You then build up your reputation only playing as your created player. As you advance through the career your atrributes get better and possibly your age goes up. Throughout your career you gain sponsors such as puma and grey nicolls. As you get through your career you get bigger sponsorship deals for example at the start you may start off with a lesser known brand such as Impala and then towards the end you get one like Slazenger. If you are a bowler you should get shoes sponsorships such as assics and these should be the shoes you player wears. You could also earn money through your career. All throughout your career you stats are recorded and when you retire you can see where you rate (if you do) in the top 100 cricket players of all time.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I appreciate this is an old thread and no one may read this message, but doesn't the EA Sports NFL game do something similar? Or am I wrong?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Darac said:
i to want this type of game... although i think it could be taken a lot further. creat a player ie your self, then get selected to join your local side, ie ing cup side, new zealand state shiel sides and county cricket seides ect. then get your 1st class career going in that team... now provided you play well, you'll get called up to play for your country.

how i reon id would work is say you bat 5th, you come out and there is a score already posted your side is 3 down for 90. now you play untill you are out and only play as your self, ie you only face the balls your facing and only run as your self.. not both players so you have to lisen to the other batsman...

if your teams is fielding then you do nothing ofc... cause who wants to stand and play in field for a full innings. so like batting it simulates... if you are a good bowler then the game will resume play when it is your over to bowl.

your goal would be to make money... sign new contracts to play with overseas teams in county cricket ect, the more cricket you play and the better you proform then the more your stats rise and the better you become. untill you retire, and see how you rank against the top 100 greatest cricketers of all time.

Thats exactly what i had thought in my mind but it would probably coem out corney 1st try EA shud try it make a season play as youreself or whole team

Users who are viewing this thread