Please take more money from us! Some suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombieian

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
That is a little rude. I bought the game on Xbox360 and made a couple of my friends and cousins in the US buy it as well. I don`t go around advocating piracy to my 'fellow countrymen'. Also, piracy is more of a concern on PC than on console. Console piracy is far less of an issue.

My comment wasn't meant to be rude. I'm sorry if it came across like that.
The fact of the matter is that piracy is killing the software industry and a few people 'donating' money to BA won't make a blind bit of difference.
Most of the piracy occurs in the sub-continent as can be seen by the amount of pirates who have frequented this forum before being booted off.

zaff4444

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The fact of the matter is that piracy is killing the software industry and a few people 'donating' money to BA won't make a blind bit of difference.
Most of the piracy occurs in the sub-continent as can be seen by the amount of pirates who have frequented this forum before being booted off.
But,by donating money to B/A so it progresses is nothing to do with giving piracy your money.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I am not the prime minister of my country ...so cant make every "fellow countrymen" to buy the game or stop piracy.......but at a ground level.....in my locality we do buy the game and do not advocate piracy. ...

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think some people may of misunderstood my intention with the kickstarter thing... it would be for the next game as in if you put £40+ you get a copy of the game and some perks as it were.. Lets be honest we have all put enough of our money into dbc14 many of us have at least 2 versions. 1st game ive ever done that for... not doing it for gta only for dbc <3 :)

aditya123

National Board President
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think some people may of misunderstood my intention with the kickstarter thing... it would be for the next game as in if you put £40+ you get a copy of the game and some perks as it were.. Lets be honest we have all put enough of our money into dbc14 many of us have at least 2 versions. 1st game ive ever done that for... not doing it for gta only for dbc <3 :)

I`m all for this as well. A kickstarter for the next game would work fine.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Lets be honest we have all put enough of our money into dbc14 many of us have at least 2 versions. 1st game ive ever done that for... not doing it for gta only for dbc <3 :)

Completely agree, DBC14 is the only game which I never minded the $ to get my copies. Bought my PS3 copy for 120$ from Dubai on very first week, and also bought a PC version(44$ I guess) on very first day!

If there is any DLC published, definitely wouldn't mind it buying that as well.

Additional Stadiums, some background music on boundaries in T20s, some classic small tournaments like Sharjah cups with Sharjah stadium, World Cup on career mode etc as DLCs could be perfect value added bonus to this game.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
While I think Big Ant are great and have produced an excellent game, I'm not sure that I'd be in favour of paid DLC for stuff like this...It would almost be as silly as Oblivion's horse armour.

Microtransactions in games are something I absolutely despise, although I don't mind them so much if they are purely cosmetic... When they start to affect gameplay (like FIFA's Ultimate Team, Candy Crush etc.) I hate them.

I generally only get DLC when it's bundled with the game in a 'GOTY Edition' or if it is a genuine expansion with loads of content. I'm not sure how you can do the latter in a sports game unless you acquire a big license and implement the competition with great attention to detail.
Civ 5 has new civilizations you can get from steam store for less than a quid. Given the modding abilities of Civ 5, all you're really paying for is a proper "animated" leader so generally i'd avoid them... but i've still bought a couple because some other mods/scenarios use them.

I think some DLC with additional stadia, and maybe yes kit items too would be a good way for Big Ant to get some more revenue. it's not gameplay related, it's not a microtransaction in the pure sense of the term. i think it's definitely something they should look at.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
I'm pretty sure we can all agree $2 or more for a bigger range of Biggs TGGI licensed bats is an absolute bargain. I'm in negotiations with @Ross about this potential DLC... Stay Tuned.

convertorboy

Club Cricketer
DLC is something I would support specifically because BigAnt has continued to work on the game, so any good ideas they have that go beyond improvements I would contribute to. Personally I would like to see:

1) More stadiums and a beach ground (boundary leading to sand, people, beach, boats etc. no giant stands.)
2) More uniforms, logos, adverts and sound clips
3) More licensed characters leading to scenarios e.g. playing as Lara to replicate his 213 to win in Barbados.
4) Joke characters. How can a game made by BigAnt not have Giant Ants playing?
I suppose most of these things would take away from DBC being a simulator rather than an arcade game,

zaff4444

Club Captain
DLC is something I would support specifically because BigAnt has continued to work on the game, so any good ideas they have that go beyond improvements I would contribute to. Personally I would like to see:

1) More stadiums and a beach ground (boundary leading to sand, people, beach, boats etc. no giant stands.)
2) More uniforms, logos, adverts and sound clips
3) More licensed characters leading to scenarios e.g. playing as Lara to replicate his 213 to win in Barbados.
4) Joke characters. How can a game made by BigAnt not have Giant Ants playing?
I suppose most of these things would take away from DBC being a simulator rather than an arcade game,
Agree but not number 4 coz cricket is not a joke sport,lol sorry matt/biggs.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
more stadia, particularly parks-style grounds would be awesome.

i'd also like an option to play double-wicket formats, and also perhaps on matting wickets. (but before matting wickets, they need to have more pitch-condition variation in general because the existing ones don't really have enough variation.)

these would really work well alongside the Bradman name and historic teams etc. in academy because in times past plenty of games including FC and tests were played on matting.

ethybubs

International Cricketer
more stadia, particularly parks-style grounds would be awesome.

i'd also like an option to play double-wicket formats, and also perhaps on matting wickets. (but before matting wickets, they need to have more pitch-condition variation in general because the existing ones don't really have enough variation.)

these would really work well alongside the Bradman name and historic teams etc. in academy because in times past plenty of games including FC and tests were played on matting.

I wouldn't mind adding uncovered pitches to this either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread