Pocket Cricket

How would you rate Pocket Cricket.net out of 10?

• 1 out of 10

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 2 out of 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 out of 10

• 4 out of 10

• 5 out of 10

• 6 out of 10

• 7 out of 10

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 8 out of 10

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • 9 out of 10

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 10 out of 10

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

sobeydee

School Cricketer
Finally managed to finish the 20 overs. Here are my stats. I don't know how team RamRod can score at over 21 to the over!

Attachments

• cricket.jpg
    cricket.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 17

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^ Actually that's NRR and not RR. He probably didn't lose many wickets while chasing and did it in quick time too.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Done with the 50-over tournament. I might try the whole tournament again and see if I can better the stats this time.

28ry8x.jpg

PocketCricket

Game Developer
Hi,

Im working with the Dev now to try and kick-start this game. As a gamer myself, who loves cricket, i see the potential in this awesome cricket game, and so have come aboard to try and get it started up again:

First step is to try and get as many people playing it to see the potential. We are also aware of some of the little annoying things, like having to register to try it out (quite a few people give up at the registration screen)'

I will pushing for a few quick, new features, perhaps a test game so you dont need to register, some sound effects and some other tweaks.

Do any of you have any suggestions? Im also thinking of perhaps a crowd funding campaign or even donations. This game has incredible potential, just needs that extra step to take it there.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments welcome!

Regards
The PocketCricketTeam

Last edited:

sobeydee

School Cricketer
Glad to see a pocket cricket dev here! Welcome.
This game has great potential. Some suggestions off the top of my head:
  • Have more game stats (batsman wagon wheel to see where your runs are scored etc)
  • Be able to adjust your batting line up
  • If a player made a good score it would be nice for this form to carry on to other games
  • Test cricket would be awesome! Perhaps games can be played against others who have signed up.
  • Perhaps a discussion forum on the pocket cricket website would be an advantage?.

I have some suggestions on how to implement so contact me if you would like!
Please let me know how we can support/contribute?

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hi,

Regards
The PocketCricketTeam

Its really good to see all different kinds of developers here on PC. Welcome and I have played this game and it really is awesome. Will post some suggestions later at office right now :)

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
That's great news! We are here to support you in any way that we can. All the very best :thumbs

PocketCricket

Game Developer
Thanks, for now you guys can keep playing and keep refering new users, to show that there is interest! :)

Will check back here shortly, with more news.

Regards
The PocketCricketTeam

PocketCricket

Game Developer
Just made a short Youtube video of the first 2 overs of a game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muQv6yHqGCw

Suggestions welcome on how to improve it for the next version, or what you would like to see. So usually in a T20 game, i have one batsman go flat out until im about 3 down, then i play myself in. But actually would like to know other strategies out there?

This video was just to entice people to check out the game, i might do a full playthrough of a match at a later date, but im actually no where as good as some of the "pros" out there! :)

Another idea is to post your "Dream teams" would be fun to see how people have named their squad!

Thanks
The PocketCricket Team

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Good to see a short video of the game in action. I have a few suggestions which I'd like to put forward:

• When a bowler gets a wicket, it's fair to increase the form rating of the bowler who took that wicket. However, I feel it would be better to keep the form of other bowlers (those who did not take that wicket) to remain unaffected. I say so because numerous times I have just played defensively to get a bowler down from 5 to 4. Then I lose a wicket and see that bowler's form go up by 0.5 (not sure about the exact rating point) even though he was out of the attack and not bowling.
  • Every time a new match starts, the form of the batsmen is not carried over. They all start from the base defaults. Same is the case with the bowlers. Since the opposition remains same for 3 consecutive matches, I guess maintaining form of players would be an excellent feature to have.
  • Perhaps have a defensive shot to also result in a run? Who doesn't love those cheeky singles :D This could be kept to a minimum though, like only 25% chance.

Of course, these are just what I feel and there might be people who would think otherwise.

PocketCricket

Game Developer
Thank you, we have added all of your suggestions to the next iteration of development.

Another suggestion, how would you like to see bowling implemented if it was included, or not at all? Batting seems to be fun in most games, but not bowling. I haven't played it yet, but apparently Don Bradman has done bowling right.

So i think the question is, would you like:

1. No bowling at all
2. Just choose the bowler and fielding setting, let the AI do the rest
3. Have full control over the bowling, similar to how the batting is currently.

or anything in between?

Another suggestion would be to add shot like walking down the pitch.
A further suggestion would be signature shots, that perhaps could be unlocked when you reach a certain form for example KP flamingo, or MSD Helicopter shot or ABD or JP scoop shot.

Regards
The PocketCricket Team

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
I didn't remeber any sports game like this... it is pretty cool... and requesting to make this game available in mobile too... as wap or as a application...

sobeydee

School Cricketer
Thank you, we have added all of your suggestions to the next iteration of development.

Another suggestion, how would you like to see bowling implemented if it was included, or not at all? Batting seems to be fun in most games, but not bowling. I haven't played it yet, but apparently Don Bradman has done bowling right.

So i think the question is, would you like:

1. No bowling at all
2. Just choose the bowler and fielding setting, let the AI do the rest
3. Have full control over the bowling, similar to how the batting is currently.

or anything in between?

Another suggestion would be to add shot like walking down the pitch.
A further suggestion would be signature shots, that perhaps could be unlocked when you reach a certain form for example KP flamingo, or MSD Helicopter shot or ABD or JP scoop shot.

Regards
The PocketCricket Team

Interesting suggestions so far.

I have also noticed that the non-bowler has an increase in form if there is a wicket. But I suppose this is correct as if I got a wicket I would send in Dayle Steyn who would be fired up (improved form) as the result of the wicket and the fact there is a new batsman in.

With regards to bowling: Implementing full bowling may complicate things and put people off playing?
It would be nice to have an option to select the order of bowling as the game progresses - for reasons stated above. If a set batsmen goes out I would like to bring good bowler on to try and take another wicket and cause a collapse.
But other than that I would say don't introduce bowling.

It would also be nice to be able to select the batsmen you want to play next in the lineup (to improve their averages etc :) )

How abut also having different abilities like you mentioned? Perphaps some batsmen could be better sloggers on the leg. So their timing bar would be better than other batsmen on the leg side etc.

I would also like to see the form of the batsmen carry through matches.

I have also noticed that there is sometimes a chance of a runout. Shouldn't there also be chances of a no-ball resulting in a free hit and wides?

What do you guys think?

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles