Points For Betterment Of Icc 2005

Essentially, this thread has shown that people would want this game to be more like the Championship/Football Manager series. The problem with that is the amount of work that would go into it. For example ICC 2005 is made by just a couple of people, where FM has a whole company behind it. Would you like to see stats if it sacrificed other things such as the match engine?

i dont think it needs to be like a footbal manager game. i just think they could slightly improve certain aspects of the game. we arent asking for the game to be a good graphically as a football game

MUFC1987 said:
Essentially, this thread has shown that people would want this game to be more like the Championship/Football Manager series. The problem with that is the amount of work that would go into it. For example ICC 2005 is made by just a couple of people, where FM has a whole company behind it. Would you like to see stats if it sacrificed other things such as the match engine?

I have never said I want to see stats, and I don't. Duncan Fletcher can't look at Bell and Collingwood and say "Yep, Bell has a rating of 18 but Colly's only 16. Bells in."

the retired players' statistics should be always in the database. also for every season stats tables showing the leading wicket takers, leading batsman etc should be included( just like in cricket 2005). also there should be something like "Hall of Fame" where records like best ever bowling figures, all time leading run scorers in FC, one day, test and ODI matches should be recorded.

satishmania if im not mistaken there is a hall of fame. at the end of ever county season you get your stats for the season and each year you try and beat them. and i think you get a manager rating. not sure but i think im right

FreddieFan said:
I have never said I want to see stats, and I don't. Duncan Fletcher can't look at Bell and Collingwood and say "Yep, Bell has a rating of 18 but Colly's only 16. Bells in."
I agree there. What I would like - esp with bowlers - is a player type or a general description. ie...

Glenn McGrath
RMF
Player Notes: Highly accurate and consistent, good bounce, durable, ability to cut the ball, not especially quick.
Av.Speed: 133kph
Bowling Av.: 21
Economy: 3.32.... or whatever.

Kevin Pietersen
RHB
Player Notes: Favours legside strongly. Strong player, can monster an attack. Great on-drive.
Batting Av: 52
S/R: 86... or whatever.

Ashley Giles
SLA
Player Notes: Deceptive change of pace. Not much turn but quite accurate. Consistent and can tie down an end.
Bowling Av: 27
Economy: 3.4

Ricky Ponting
RHB
Player Notes: Attacking but adaptable batsman, has a superb pull and hook shot. Shaky starter. Lots of flair.
Batting Av: 53
S/R: 70

You get the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread