• FAKE!

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • It matters if you get a good one.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
In my oppinion i think think they're fake because did anyone see that thing on ACA a while ago which some voice actor pretended to be women and stuff and asking what her future was and stuff

Please comment below

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
its a total load of gibberish, id they could really tell the future, they wouldnt be asking for money. its just another way of making money without any effort. because for someone who is psychic, they could tell the future so they do whatever they want, e.g, they would know what the lottery numbers would be, then they would simply put all the numbers down before and win the lottery, so why would they need money to tell someones future?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
To me, a physic isn't someone who can tell the future. A physcic is someone who can contact the dead.

legspinner@fred

Club Cricketer
I believe that you may be able to have OBE and become a ghost :), but being able to predict the future..impossible.

D

Deleted member 11215

I believe a phychic is actually someone who can sense paranormal happenings, not someone who can predict the future or condact the dead.

And its a load of crap ghosts dont exist, for the mere point that there is no point in a spiritual existance. So i dont believe is phychics either.

legspinner@fred

Club Cricketer
Ghosts don't exist, yep, spirits, it's all rubbish.
You can't contact the dead, once you snuff it your gone.
You may be able to read someones mind though if you study body language contantly for 70 years.
Search phychic's on wiki and see what appears.
And you can check things like my Outside body Experience (OBE) theory on Wiki, maybe that is seeing the future...well, no.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
It's all rubbish, just a way to make money off people who believe in it.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
It's all rubbish, just a way to make money off people who believe in it.

precisely, their tatget market is people who are depressed and have a low life because they can trick them into what they is true

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I think these people used to exist, were very rare, but then a bunch of phonies popped up. Some people may have powers we don't realise, will be stupid to write them off completely.
But if you meet one working in a Carnival or a Fair or one the street, best to ignore what they say.

Trigon Dynasty

School Cricketer
Hello all, :D

It's my personal feeling that psychics are bogus. It's not that I think they're a joke, I am actually quite offended by them. They offer false hope to distressed people looking for answers, often for a profit or fame.

It's a trick called cold reading (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading), often used by superior detectives to draw information from people without asking any questions.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Multi-millionaire, lottery-winning psychics would be roaming the streets if they were real.

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
Hello all, :D

It's my personal feeling that psychics are bogus. It's not that I think they're a joke, I am actually quite offended by them. They offer false hope to distressed people looking for answers, often for a profit or fame.

It's a trick called cold reading (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading), often used by superior detectives to draw information from people without asking any questions.

You have it pretty much spot on, although I have to say that in some cases they can offer some kind of comfort to people going through very tough times.

I agree that the majority prey on the vulnerable, but that is true of many things on life and for every bad penny I'm sure that there are those who mean well. It's not something that I would seek out personally but if hearing that a loved is in 'heaven' and is doing ok helps then who am I to argue

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I don't know what Derren Brown is but I think he's absolutely legendary. That bloody Scouse one on Most Haunted gets on my conker though. His act is faker than hsi tan.

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
I don't know what Derren Brown is but I think he's absolutely legendary. That bloody Scouse one on Most Haunted gets on my conker though. His act is faker than hsi tan.

Derren Brown is great but only because he acknowledges that he uses techniques such as hot and cold reading, psychological effects and general close up magic.

Also, its great that he's happy to explain how he does things.

As for Acorah, then he's just a bad hammy actor. He's about as psychic as my cricket pad.

Users who are viewing this thread