Poor Marketing/Release on PS4/xbox1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And your opinion is based on a serious lack of knowledge, and a total reliance on assumptions and guesses.

Rugby League Live 2 - Announced 19th September for 11th October - 22 days
AFL Live - Announced 27th March for 21st April - 25 days

Sourced from this Big Ant suck-up

Alright so you have just proved they have always been sloppy in their publishing strategy. Congrats :lol Wasn't it the other way around? You were suppose to prove that they are not sloppy in their publishing strategy but look what you have done :facepalm

It would have proved your point if you had shown any other good game publisher who don't announce release dates this late but instead you chose to prove my point. Thanks a lot!

Alright so you have just proved they have always been sloppy in their publishing strategy. Congrats :lol Wasn't it the other way around? You were suppose to prove that they are not sloppy in their publishing strategy but look what you have done :facepalm

It would have proved your point if you had shown any other good game publisher who don't announce release dates this late but instead you chose to prove my point. Thanks a lot!

What other games do you follow and buy? Genuine question.

Big Ant and TruBlu are reasonably small companies who don't have the budget for a sustained advertising campaign.

And you've just moved the goalposts on your original statements.

So you are not getting free stuff from Ross, wait videos/Beta and other juice news.:p Plus his award winning comedy posts.:yes

PS I am sometimes annoyed not knowing if i can pick the game up soon but in the end there is nothing we can do about it. Good things come to people who can wait. Peace.:yes Hoping for some good news this week.:eek:

I need ro focus on this advice

its a bad monday

505 Games.. publisher of many games over the last 10 years, recent best seller being Payday 2 (1.6 million + copies) released Ashes 2013 on Steam after 2 days notice..

(ok.. really REALLY bad example, but still)

Other examples still

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-26-age-of-wonders-3-release-date-announced

Age of Wonders 3 - Release date announced 26 February 2014 - To be released 31 March 2014.

- Edit -

Just want to point out that it's damn hard trying to compare one game to another to find how other publishers go with their lead up to release.. even just finding when a game's announcement was made to when it was released, after the fact. I am trying to get more examples.. but yes, basically wasted effort (especially with this crowd).

Last edited:
505 Games.. publisher of many games over the last 10 years, recent best seller being Payday 2 (1.6 million + copies) released Ashes 2013 on Steam after 2 days notice..

(ok.. really REALLY bad example, but still)

AC13 can't be considered a "game". It was a bugfest at best and a virus at worst.

Trials Fusion launches April 16 for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, and PC | EGMNOW

Announcement of release date 26/02/2014 by publisher/developer Ubisoft. 6 weeks lead time for a MAJOR publisher releasing the (hard to say) 4th itteration of a very well rated game.

----------

LEGO: The Hobbit begins its adventure this April | EGMNOW

Warner Bros announces release date on the 26 February for release on 8th April. 5 week lead time.

I'm going to stop looking now. The belief that a publisher, regardless of size MUST publish a release date 6 months (heck, even 2 months) is just stupid.. plain and simple.

The game is due to release at the end of the month. In my opinion, the reason why no specific date has yet been announced is probably as they want to nail down the release date for all the main markets and advise all at the same time.. if they say 'Australia 26th March, other countries TBA' they'll either get confusion from other countries thinking it'll be the same for them, or that release is uncertain (doubtful due to the recent road trip).

Social media also has to be handled correctly, and they also probably feel that any such time spent doing that prior to the marketing period is time wasted or just create bad press if anything goes untoward with the release date.

Alright so you have just proved they have always been sloppy in their publishing strategy.

Citation required. Pretty sure they're a reasonably successful niche games producer about to make for all intents and purposes the highest-budget cricket game ever made. One would therefore be led to believe they've made a bit of money during their past successful titles, certainly more than you do flipping burgers...

...so we can pretty much lay the "sloppy" comment at the feet of the ever growing pile of MSU in this thread.

@madman981 Stick with the facts. It's all I've done. Fact is, individuals in this thread were making numbers up and are unaware of the history of Big Ant/Tru Blu releases

If you're such a massive fan of Big Ant, then you would know March is still achievable given their release history. My opinion on them hitting late March means absolutely nothing. Just like your opinion means absolutely nothing. Facts are the latest information said the end of March. And there is literally nothing that has confirmed otherwise

----------

Actually, I do. Past Big Ant/Tru Blu games have released 3 to 4 weeks after the official release date announcement. It has worked for them in the past.

Rugby League Live 2 - Announced 19th September for 11th October - 22 days
AFL Live - Announced 27th March for 21st April - 25 days

It is literally a fact, and you seem to keep ignoring it?

They have also announced those two games in the previous month to the actual release date. So going by that trend we will not see the game this month.

But in all honesty, this thread does have a bit of a point.

All along we were told it was to do with AC 13 and it's delayed release date from June 2013. Then we were also told that AC 13 was going to be a pile of rubbish (quite rightly however poor form that Big Ant felt they had to rubbish a competitor and their product) and that was damaging to the genre, so another delay.

Then the wrong "version" of the game showed up on the demo day at EB Games.

But in saying that, the level of support with Cricket Academy has been tremendous. It has been a very good insight into what is hopefully a playable cricket game.

Last edited:
Ross has been pretty quiet recently which can only mean one thing, the game is going to be delayed again.

#makeshitupmonday

Fact Check O'Clock!

They have also announced those two games in the previous month to the actual release date. So going by that trend we will not see the game this month.

This game was announced well over a year ago, we've been part of the journey since the inception... The release "window" was only announced, like, a month ago. Based on all projections, we're on target.

But in all honesty, this thread does have a bit of a point.

It really doesn't.

All along we were told it was to do with AC 13 and it's delayed release date from June 2013. Then we were also told that AC 13 was going to be a pile of rubbish (quite rightly however poor form that Big Ant felt they had to rubbish a competitor and their product) and that was damaging to the genre, so another delay.

It was damaging. It was the worst cricket "game" in the history of titles, one of the worst and most botched executions of any title that got some pretty unsavory press in the mainstream media in all the major countries that BigAnt were releasing their game into. The delay, quite frankly, is more than warranted. People assume THEIR title is Ashes to this very day...

Then the wrong "version" of the game showed up on the demo day at EB Games.

So what? The correct build was then shown hours lately via Twistie's great work, who also scored a great interview with Ross to boot. Facts. Use them.

Fact Check O'Clock!

This game was announced well over a year ago, we've been part of the journey since the inception... The release "window" was only announced, like, a month ago. Based on all projections, we're on target.

It really doesn't.

It was damaging. It was the worst cricket "game" in the history of titles, one of the worst and most botched executions of any title that got some pretty unsavory press in the mainstream media in all the major countries that BigAnt were releasing their game into. The delay, quite frankly, is more than warranted. People assume THEIR title is Ashes to this very day...

So what? The correct build was then shown hours lately via Twistie's great work, who also scored a great interview with Ross to boot. Facts. Use them.

Would you not buy a Mazda car because Toyota came out with a dud? Have you any links to where people believe Bradman Cricket is actually AC 13? I Would like to have a read of that.

And you have seriously misinterpreted my point in regards to the trend. Both the games in question were announced for an exact release in the month prior to their actual release date. I'm sure you can appreciate that Rugby League Live 2 and AFL Live weren't made in 20 odd days.

I was hoping someone would bite to the wrong version showing up at the demo day. I never implied that this was because it was the actual current version, I was just saying it was sloppy and unprofessional.

:cheers

Have you any links to where people believe Bradman Cricket is actually AC 13? I Would like to have a read of that.

This one comes close, that time did seem stunk up for cricket games with lots of misinformed data floating about and it would be easy for common folk to mistake it for the wrong game. DBC should have beat AC13 to release , but didnt happen.
Most Disappointing Video Games Of 2013 | Pop Insomniacs

DBC is not a brand like Mazda or toyota. This is the first time people are going to get to know it.

Last edited:
Would you not buy a Mazda car because Toyota came out with a dud? Have you any links to where people believe Bradman Cricket is actually AC 13? I Would like to have a read of that.

This takes the cherry on top of the cake of the worst comparisons. Worse than comparing GTA v DBC. He compared the automobile industry with video games industry! :facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread