Post your questions about the game here!

Yep, i've had a few good ones when I've been England against Australia - they are almost as bad at picking the right time to challenge as the real team :-)

But i've lost out as well.

Feckin awesome!

I cant imagine me playing any other game ever when this gets released.......except cluedo......I own cluedo.......

hey ross i have a small question after the game release will you guys do the DLCs? like giving the fully update roster( squads ,teams and names) as the official release won't have this thing due to being un-lisenced? :spy :spy

hey ross i have a small question after the game release will you guys do the DLCs? like giving the fully update roster( squads ,teams and names) as the official release won't have this thing due to being un-lisenced? :spy :spy

You'll be able to update your squads with Cricket Academy now though remember? :D

I know you've asked this of Ross, but I hope you don't mind me answering this.

The Control system is certainly up there - Batting and Bowling just feel "right", if you know what i mean.

However, it's Edges and the Appeal System that probably stand out, getting what you feel is a faint edge as a bowler and screaming HOWZAT, only to see the umpire turn you down is great, and then only surpassed when you Challenge it and you're shown that there was indeed a nick on the outside edge. Very satisfying to see the umpire cross his arms on his chest and then raise his finger :yes

To see that all flow together is certainly something i'm proud of.

thanks for that Mike

No game has ever captured the essence of cricket in regards to playing and missing.
It has been much neglected and cannot wait to see it in action :thumbs

Well obviously this game doesn't have hotspot.

The other Mike said, "We went with Hawkeye as this seems to be the most reliable technology around these days" (because obviously if they programmed Hotspot it would be unreliable) - so because we know they are equal on features, Big Ant must not have Hotspot despite the screenshots.

I always love the "we went with....." as the start to explain every feature they don't have....

I think the context was TableTop Cricket because they "almost" match that except the fielding, Move & 3D TV support.

Bowling well (without marker) to induce edge, then appealing hard and then using bars to confirm, all under user control, looks like we will manage to bowl 90 overs a day without boredom and simulating. Add to it the manual fielding and direct hits control.

Bowling well (without marker) to induce edge, then appealing hard and then using bars to confirm, all under user control, looks like we will manage to bowl 90 overs a day without boredom and simulating. Add to it the manual fielding and direct hits control.

I used to bowl 90 overs a day with the boredom, so imagine how I am feeling :eek:

Well obviously this game doesn't have hotspot.

The other Mike said, "We went with Hawkeye as this seems to be the most reliable technology around these days" (because obviously if they programmed Hotspot it would be unreliable) - so because we know they are equal on features, Big Ant must not have Hotspot despite the screenshots.

Also it is not something to really joke about, whinging Aussies accusing us of cheating when they've been well beaten.

During my childhood/teenage years I didn't like Australia but respected them and understood they were probably one of the best Cricketing sides I'll ever see in my life.

Now though they are an average side who just like to whinge about anything from DRS to Silicone tape even though we've had some shocking decisions go against us too.

I know you've asked this of Ross, but I hope you don't mind me answering this.

The Control system is certainly up there - Batting and Bowling just feel "right", if you know what i mean.

However, it's Edges and the Appeal System that probably stand out, getting what you feel is a faint edge as a bowler and screaming HOWZAT, only to see the umpire turn you down is great, and then only surpassed when you Challenge it and you're shown that there was indeed a nick on the outside edge. Very satisfying to see the umpire cross his arms on his chest and then raise his finger :yes

To see that all flow together is certainly something i'm proud of.

Thank you so much for the answer. Believe it or not, this is the exact thing I was hoping I could see in DB'14. No cricket game till now ever managed to get the playing-inside-the-line-and-faint-edges thing right. I'm so glad that finally a studio managed to do it perfectly (as you described).

Once again, a big thanks :) And best of luck!

Hi Mike,
Since Ross is busy today....can you please answer these questions ;)!!

Ross, when are you planning to reveal Online MP related features?? There are a lot of questions I wanna ask regarding that:

a) Is there multiplayer co-op. If yes, How many Players can play a match together?
b) If there is co-op, is someone appointed as a captain to take all the decisions.
c) Can we choose to be the wicketkeeper
d) What level of difficulty will online be fixed at
e) Are our conversation on the mic audible to the opponent players as well or only our team <qs valid if co-op available>?
f) Is there a team/club system for online matches (like clubs in Fifa....or Clans in shooter games)? <again...qs valid if Co-op available>
f) Can a human player join or leave in the middle of the match? Will the match continue if someone gets disconnected? Also, in this case, does the AI take over for the player disconnected? <again...qs valid if Co-op available>

I hope we will get privilege to hear good news of release date by the end of this month!;)
And I also hope this news is correct!! :D

Dq2MdA.jpg

Link

Is there snicko in the BARS? Its impossible to get the snicko working with DRS in real life due to time constraints but it should be possible in a game.
And do the commentators give their view when a decision is challenged and also when the BARS comes?

P.S: I stayed in school whole day today, no bunking :P

I'd say it'll be hard to release at the same time in India as in Australia.

I hope not. I don't think I can stand the idea of someone (general public) already playing the game as I sit around and wait :D

Users who are viewing this thread