Post your questions about the game here!

yep, you'll be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

Approxcimately 1364 Days when we last play latest cricket game :( I dont play ashes 2013 because I pre order this game on xbox 360 ... When we Get the Release Date of don bradman cricket 14 I will cancel my pre order .... But then I realize ashes cricket Not Going to release on console I know its a crap but at least some thing new to play And First ever Cricket Comedy Game :)

Obviously I can only guess at what the effect of the release on retailers has been, but in general, this was a slipped out, completely unheralded/promoted release on the smallest selling platform and digital only to boot.

It's highly unlikely they will release on console, and i can't see them releasing that at retail on PC either... Surely retailers need to see something before they put it on their shelves?

In which case, how much damage can this have dine to the "market"? A lot of the negative comments regarding Ashes I have seen on FB, Twitter, Youtube etc. go on to reference DBC as the hope.

Bottom line, I can't see how delaying DBC from 2013 would improve the reputation of cricket games in the eyes of retailers or anyone else, since there would be a shit storm of people complaining about the delay, speculating all sorts of reasons (unfinished game etc.) and it would tarnish Big Ant's reputation... Look at the standard of comments on DBC facebook page... Now imagine that after an announcement saying it wasn't coming 2013... How would it help?

Obviously I can only guess at what the effect of the release on retailers has been, but in general, this was a slipped out, completely unheralded/promoted release on the smallest selling platform and digital only to boot.

It's highly unlikely they will release on console, and i can't see them releasing that at retail on PC either... Surely retailers need to see something before they put it on their shelves?

In which case, how much damage can this have dine to the "market"? A lot of the negative comments regarding Ashes I have seen on FB, Twitter, Youtube etc. go on to reference DBC as the hope.

Bottom line, I can't see how delaying DBC from 2013 would improve the reputation of cricket games in the eyes of retailers or anyone else, since there would be a shit storm of people complaining about the delay, speculating all sorts of reasons (unfinished game etc.) and it would tarnish Big Ant's reputation... Look at the standard of comments on DBC facebook page... Now imagine that after an announcement saying it wasn't coming 2013... How would it help?

I don't entirely agree with that, Ross can't leave this game in the market with Ashes 2013, even if that means PC version only. People purchasing Ashes 13 would not only feel let down but will be betrayed and that will have a major knock on effect on DBC14.

Ashes is a brand name, and remember that major consumers do not know it has arrived on steam. So majority will look at the licences and purchase the Ashes 13 first.

DBC14 will require it own space, which they had during October/Novermber 2013, and i still do not understand why the game was not released during the time. Well i guess Ross knows more and i respect his decisions. I just hope DBC14 does well.

I'm seriously not going to explain again what happens when a bomb goes off. Last time I'll say it - they could have released this with two days notice and there was no chance I would risk being in the market at the same time as this coming a week or more before me. It's like knowing there's a suicide bomber in a building but going inside anyway on the off chance he won't detonate.

If anyone predicted how bad Ashes would be, except chief and MikeF (as they ?knew?), then that guy can lecture me on when I should have released.

Last edited:
I suppose in a way it's vaguely similar to the horse meat fiasco that happened earlier this year in the UK. Even though the majority of products were fine, people still avoided those kind of products until the whole fuss had died down. They were tarred with the same brush. Big Ant will have to go that extra mile to stop this from happening to DCB14.

Once the dust has settled then AC13 will just be a faded memory, which is probably the best time to release DCB14.

I suppose in a way it's vaguely similar to the horse meat fiasco that happened earlier this year in the UK. Even though the majority of products were fine, people still avoided those kind of products until the whole fuss had died down. They were tarred with the same brush. Big Ant will have to go that extra mile to stop this from happening to DCB14.

Once the dust has settled then AC13 will just be a faded memory, which is probably the best time to release DCB14.

And when exactly would that be? 2014 Dec? Or around world cup time in 2015?

I'm seriously not going to explain again what happens when a bomb goes off. Last time I'll say it - they could have released this with two days notice and there was no chance I would risk being in the market at the same time as this coming a week or more before me. It's like knowing there's a suicide bomber in a building but going inside anyway on the off chance he won't detonate.

If anyone predicted how bad Ashes would be, except chief and MikeF (as they ?knew?), then that guy can lecture me on when I should have released.

I am not here to lecture anyone by any means. It is YOUR product and YOUR decisions to release the game whenever you like. As i said before i respect your decisions, i for one have been saying that if the game is moved back i think its best for dbc14. Seems like opinions are not being taken in proper manner. I wish you good luck and dbc14.

And when exactly would that be? 2014 Dec? Or around world cup time in 2015?

Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine.

All i know is that we as a community just have to do all that we can to bury AC13 and promote DCB14 at the same time. That would speed things up I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread