Post your questions about the game here!

no chance I would risk being in the market at the same time as this coming a week or more before me
Doesn't the PC DVD release scheduled for December 6th mean basically any time in 2013 is gone on that basis?

Yeah, fingers crossed Ashes 2013 Console editions will end up in a New Mexican land fill with those Atari cartridges.
Hopefully with some of those NES movie adaptation games from LJN.

Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine.

All i know is that we as a community just have to do all that we can to bury AC13 and promote DCB14 at the same time. That would speed things up I'm sure.

There are other factors as well which go into making the decision. Once the holiday/xmas season is gone I doubt you will have too many people queuing up for a cricket game in the 1st quarter next year. Also, given the fact next gen consoles are out, the more you delay the game, the lower the no. of folks who will buy it for PS3 and Xbox 360 - especially if you are expecting AUD 100 for the game. Another factor would be releasing it in Aus cricket season which will be over in Feb/Mar so that will mean the game is pushed out to next summer if Aus audience is the primary market....

My point being there will always be something or the other no matter which time you intend to release the game and stars are not likely to align where everything stands still for DBC14.

I am not here to lecture anyone by any means. It is YOUR product and YOUR decisions to release the game whenever you like. As i said before i respect your decisions, i for one have been saying that if the game is moved back i think its best for dbc14. Seems like opinions are not being taken in proper manner. I wish you good luck and dbc14.

My post wasn't directed at anyone in particular. We're all frustrated by the situation, it just doesn't help if people are 20-20 hindsight pontificating about when would have been the right time to go.

With 20-20 hindsight the right time to go would have been in June but they still could have done this to us.

There are other factors as well which go into making the decision. Once the holiday/xmas season is gone I doubt you will have too many people queuing up for a cricket game in the 1st quarter next year. Also, given the fact next gen consoles are out, the more you delay the game, the lower the no. of folks who will buy it for PS3 and Xbox 360 - especially if you are expecting AUD 100 for the game. Another factor would be releasing it in Aus cricket season which will be over in Feb/Mar so that will mean the game is pushed out to next summer if Aus audience is the primary market....

My point being there will always be something or the other no matter which time you intend to release the game and stars are not likely to align where everything stands still for DBC14.

Yeah, I understand. I suppose the time will never 100% 'right' as you state, it's just a case of getting as much going for you as possible then releasing.

It's a risk either way. As bad as it sounds it's like choosing the lesser of two evils but without knowing which is the lesser evil. I'm glad it's not a decision I have to make.

Yeah, I understand. I suppose the time will never 100% 'right' as you state, it's just a case of getting as much going for you as possible then releasing.

It's a risk either way. As bad as it sounds it's like choosing the lesser of two evils but without knowing which is the lesser evil. I'm glad it's not a decision I have to make.

That's why holiday season/xmas seems to be the best time round coz there will be risk and unknowns no matter what but at the very least you know people are more than likely to buy a console cricket game at the time - either for themselves or as a gift for their kids/nephews/grand-kids.

Hi Ross , I know you have answered this question before regarding a Ps Vita DBC 14, but i would like to know if you where to release would it be a port or made from scratch for the Vita ??

I search PSN on my Vita every week hoping for at least one cricket game:noway

I cannot see a Cricket game coming for the Vita - sorry just telling it like it is - I wish there was a bigger install base.

Batting Camera View ??

Ross...

Is Camera angle for batting is always from back side or can we chose front view camera while batting ??

Ross...

Is Camera angle for batting is always from back side or can we chose front view camera while batting ??

Watch some play-session videos. There are a bunch of camera angles you can choose from.

This is my opinion Ross, Which to be honest i know means nothing,
However i've enjoyed reading your insights into how your dealing with this shitty situation, and thought i'd add my two cents.
Ashes Cricket 2013 will not release on console for a number of reasons -

-Total lack of advertising

-Its not listed anywhere on 505's website, therefore they surely are not going to risk their companies reputation to try and recoup some cash.

-And i have a feeling the reason it was released at all was due to contracts they had with third parties that stated a game must be released. So they have quietly released due to contractual obligations. Advertisers maybe????

So, now then, if that is the case, and i know that it could be a big if, i don't see it being an issue at all. Retailers are going to want to have a cricket console game for sale during the biggest summer of cricket we've had in years, regardless of whether some other game for sale on steam is awful.

Now if Ashes 13 actually find the balls to release on console i can see many ways you can win over the customers who have no idea what planetcricket is.

- You have a game that is ready. From all accounts the best cricket game yet! So send it to be reviewed before release and throw all their scores and comments as part of your cover. (hopefully the say "THE ONLY CRICKET GAME TO BUY THIS YEAR").

-Advertise with facebook aimed at people part of cricket clubs and anything cricket related.

- Flood youtube with gameplay! I know when i find out about a game i youtube it. Once i like it. I buy it.

- I dont know what a "tweet is worth" but send out a few copies to former cricketers that have no contracts to Cricket Australia,

Warnie 1.3 mil followers
Flintoff 1.3mil followers
Sachin - 4mil followers

Surely a tweet or 2 would come through that would increase the profile

I really do feel you have to release before Christmas this year as you i think know, from a business point of view. This is truly is the biggest summer/winter we have had in a long long time. Next year i'm afraid, be very pail in comparison.

I really don't think the release of a bug infested game (expensive app?) available only online, that has had no advertising, that their distributer doesn't acknowledge and that anyone from bottom up has disappeared into thin air, is worth delaying a game that is complete, has a strong online following and with smart cost effective advertising will succeed to become a game at the top of its class.

All the best Ross,

Release date regardless, I want you to keep making our cricket games into the future. Break their Fu*cking Arm!

Mat.

Just realised this is in the Q&A thread, if any mods wants to move it to discussions feel free.

Last edited:
Its common for "black sheep" games to disappear from the websites of developers. The developer of Empire Earth still plugged that they made the first two Empire Earth games after the awful third one (awful in the normal way, not the Ashes Cricket way!) got panned in the press (2.8 user metacritic score - ACs currently at 0.2).

Do you think 505 want this piece of crap beside payday 2 on their website? They'll want to forget all about it ASAP!

Hi Ross, It is always refreshing to see your communication with us so thanks a lot for that :clap
I would like to ask that will we get another updated version of CA before the release of DBC 14 if yes then when ?? Kind regards

There will be a CA update soon, I can't say when exactly.

Thanks Ross and few days back i asked about the kit numbers problem that kit numbers should be based upon team bases so we won't see players with similar shirt numbers in one team and one player will have differnet number on their shirts while representing different teams or same number player for many teams with no duplicate shirt numbers or similarity. Any feedback regarding that Ross ?? Kind regards

Thanks Ross and few days back i asked about the kit numbers problem that kit numbers should be based upon team bases so we won't see players with similar shirt numbers in one team and one player will have differnet number on their shirts while representing different teams or same number player for many teams with no duplicate shirt numbers or similarity. Any feedback regarding that Ross ?? Kind regards

Keh? English please, English!

Users who are viewing this thread