Your Cricket Pre knocked in bats

Chimp132

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i just brought a woodworm torch, and under the main logo its got a pre knocked in sticker, does it mean its ready to use straight away

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Pretty much yes; Mine came pre-knocked in and I just got straight on playing with it.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
No, you should still give it a good 2-3 hours worth of knocking in instead of the usual 6-8.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Yes but its adviasble to knock it in a bit more yourself or you running the risk of it breaking straight aaway.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
The more you knock it in the more likely it is to crack during your usage of the bat and it will enhance to peformance of the wood (or so I am told).

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Chimp132 said:
so just use it staright away in the nets ?

Yep its advisable to spend half an hour with a medium pacer or a spinner and playing some straight down the line, hard hitting defensive shots, itll make your middle that much sweeter when its hit aswell :)

Im a spinner and im always getting roped in to do the odd bit of knocking in, but then again, i nearly always have a new bat every season :p so i suppose i have to do my bit.

plympilgrim

International Coach
i found that if you just hit the ball up in the air for a hour, and then you can go to the nets, it also strenthens it if you put linseed oil on it, i think??

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
If it's not oiled you should oil it first. Then spend a good hour knocking in the sides of that bat and everywhere except the middle, as pre knocked in bats generally have a well knocked in middle. Then as Simbazz said try and spend some time in the nets either with some gentle throw downs or against a slow bowler, and if it feels like it's coming off the bat well, then use it in a match with confidence.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Really? Do you need to do all this stuff?
I figure you just play with it, and over time it gets better. I got my bat in India, came here, and used it straight away. It got a small crack at the bottom (Which I taped) and a slight crack on the side, but it works beautifully. Admittedly I face quite slow bowlers, but against the older faster ones it comes well off the sweet spot.
I have a feeling many of you are gonna be shocked and that I just commited some batting sin...:p
Ah well, thank God I'm a bowler ay? :D

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Since he plays in England the weather is a lot worse and as such oiling it is adviseable because a bit of damp in your bat can cause it to crack easily. You can get away Zorax with doing nothing, but in doing so if a bat breaks it's basically your own fault. Making it as strong as possible first is always the best bet.

Chimp132

International Cricketer
i am guessing that the bat came from the woodworm store to the shop i brought it from, so i dont know wheater it has been oiled or not, it is the woodworm pioeer or what ever its called, costed ?109 and is in its plastic cover and got gre knocked in sticker from woodworm stuck under the main logo

D

Deleted member 11215

i just play with my bats, stuff knocking them in it not like you really need to at my age anyway...

Chimp132

International Cricketer
i think i am going to knock it in for about 10 mins a day for a week, then use it in my adult training after christmas :D because im a ok but go after it a bit lol nd wouldnt be able to stop myself from coming down the wicket to our bowlers :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread