Problem with faces in 2005

steve121157

Banned
Bought the game today but I'm really not sure about the faces in 2005.
Started a Test series England v Australia.
The only England players that look ok are Flintoff and Harmison.

Look at the screenshots below .... Thorpe and Giles are unrecognisable.
Will someone explain as I've seen better likenesses elsewhere on the forum.
I have graphics on high and my video card is NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 256MB and have DirectX 9.0c

Attachments

• 2005screenshots.zip
    157.8 KB · Views: 87

alickv

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
BladeSteve said:
Bought the game today but I'm really not sure about the faces in 2005.
Started a Test series England v Australia.
The only England players that look ok are Flintoff and Harmison.

Look at the screenshots below .... Thorpe and Giles are unrecognisable.
Will someone explain as I've seen better likenesses elsewhere on the forum.
I have graphics on high and my video card is NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 256MB and have DirectX 9.0c

There's nothing wrong with your card or your drivers, EA just haven't put in accurate faces for every single player. Those faces are alright I think, give it a few days and you can expect somebody here to make some face patches.

CaptainHowdy

School Cricketer
They use photographic textures on pretty average models. Thats why the Crick'2005 fans get in arms about EA's "superior" player models over BLIC.
Its not about their artists being any more skilled as much as it's about EA being able to afford the rights to use actual photgrahic reference in-game. People seem to forget that image rights are very strict and expensive to clear.

The players you see in official screenshots and packaging shots are the player models that have more time and attention spent on them (think Ronaldinho from fifa 2005),
The Fifa engine doesnt support alpha channels either, thats why spikey/long haired players dont look right.

Just a few points.

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
CaptainHowdy said:
They use photographic textures on pretty average models. Thats why the Crick'2005 fans get in arms about EA's "superior" player models over BLIC.
Its not about their artists being any more skilled as much as it's about EA being able to afford the rights to use actual photgrahic reference in-game. People seem to forget that image rights are very strict and expensive to clear.

The players you see in official screenshots and packaging shots are the player models that have more time and attention spent on them (think Ronaldinho from fifa 2005),
The Fifa engine doesnt support alpha channels either, thats why spikey/long haired players dont look right.

Just a few points.
Ahh, no wonder why Brett Lee and McGrath had bad hair days. ;)

Hariz

International Cricketer
I dont understand the pschycology of EA. they work so damn hard to get actual player likenesses in Fifa, rugby and NBA but here they just wanna get over with it and we guys suffer. I think the faces and player likenesses claim made by EA was a complete bluff !!!

snell77

School Cricketer
i think hoggards face looks quite good but he needs his shaggy hair lol

Users who are viewing this thread