Problems logging on

jonah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Quite often when I try to access the site my browser (Firefox) just stops at the 'waiting for Planetcricket.net' stage. I have to disconnect from the internet, re-connect and try again, when often it'll log-on straight away. Similar if I use IE.
I know this isn't the end of the world, but it is a bit of a pain. It's the only website/forums that I use which does this. Anyone got any ideas why this would happen (I don't think my IP uses a fixed ip address and if this has anything to do with it?).
Cheers in advance.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can you not take the hint Mike ? ;)

Erm.... actually I have no idea, hopefully Ste can help you !

jonah

International Coach
themuel1 said:
That would explain the weight problems..... :p ;)

How dare you, my body is a temple....

a temple of doom :rolleyes: ;) .

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
jonah said:
Quite often when I try to access the site my browser (Firefox) just stops at the 'waiting for Planetcricket.net' stage. I have to disconnect from the internet, re-connect and try again, when often it'll log-on straight away. Similar if I use IE.
I know this isn't the end of the world, but it is a bit of a pain. It's the only website/forums that I use which does this. Anyone got any ideas why this would happen (I don't think my IP uses a fixed ip address and if this has anything to do with it?).
Cheers in advance.
I get that sometimes and a refresh usually sorts it

jonah

International Coach
Cheers Kev but still no joy. Last night I couldn't log on at all for about an hour (between 10-11pm). Just me or was the site down?

gaurav_indian

International Coach
jonah said:
Cheers Kev but still no joy. Last night I couldn't log on at all for about an hour (between 10-11pm). Just me or was the site down?
I was having the same problem too.

Ste

Executive member
When you say you couldnt login do you mean the site was up but it didnt let you login or you couldnt access the site at all?

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I couldnt access the site at all last night, It did work for short periods but mainly I was just getting timeouts

jonah

International Coach
Ste said:
When you say you couldnt login do you mean the site was up but it didnt let you login or you couldnt access the site at all?

Couldn't access the site at all Ste. Just stays on the 'waiting for planetcricket.org' screen.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
jonah said:
Couldn't access the site at all Ste. Just stays on the 'waiting for planetcricket.org' screen.

I had the same problem between 10-11pm last night as well Mike - got bored so joined Sporting Pavillions forum instead - its so good ;)

jonah

International Coach
zimrahil said:
I had the same problem between 10-11pm last night as well Mike - got bored so joined Sporting Pavillions forum instead - its so good ;)
Hope you caught up on old times with your pal Phil ;)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
jonah said:
Hope you caught up on old times with your pal Phil ;)

Yes- actually he is now head honcho of EA Sports Division, though he has conflicting interest as he has just snapped up Codemasters too.

He said I would be the first to receive any patches for future cricket releases; just as long as I didn't disclose them to anybody else ;)

Ste

Executive member
zimrahil said:

I thought Big Al was banned from it! :boxing :boxing

Users who are viewing this thread