Proper test cricket

melucas

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's not a bad idea Wealey. Are there 22 slots available to create both teams i didn't think there were. If there aren't enough you can leave some of the bowlers in as their stats for batting are usually poor anyway.
One question. Don't you like batting?
I must admit that bowling is better in this game than any cricket game ever produced and where I would normally generate an innings in previous games I now like to bowl.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
That's not a bad idea Wealey. Are there 22 slots available to create both teams i didn't think there were. If there aren't enough you can leave some of the bowlers in as their stats for batting are usually poor anyway.
One question. Don't you like batting?
I must admit that bowling is better in this game than any cricket game ever produced and where I would normally generate an innings in previous games I now like to bowl.

yeah, I enjoy batting. One thing i enjoy about batting on this game is the sudden why you can fall to your demise. I can be 72 not out sweeping the spinner happily. However one slightly mistimes sweep and im gone!!

I bowled both innings purely for the stat experiement!

melucas

School Cricketer
Wealey I know what you mean.
I am going to edit the Aussie and England sides tonight. Can anyone give an indication to who will be in the England team. I have the squad but would like to know you English guys opinion of who should be in the team. Ponting, Hussey, Johnson, Hauritz and North are all being flicked from my Aussie squad. Its time Clarke stepped up to the mark.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
A quick question in regards to editing stats. Which do you think is harder to bat against? High accuracy or low. It is pretty much the only attribute I haven't played around with as yet but was thinking that if bowlers were made less accurate then there would be more variance in where the ball pitched which in theory should make it more difficult to judge.
And to add a point, if people are finding it far too easy to bat, which I don't, then greatly reduce the batting timing attribute of the players in the team you use.

melucas

School Cricketer
A quick question in regards to editing stats. Which do you think is harder to bat against? High accuracy or low. It is pretty much the only attribute I haven't played around with as yet but was thinking that if bowlers were made less accurate then there would be more variance in where the ball pitched which in theory should make it more difficult to judge.
And to add a point, if people are finding it far too easy to bat, which I don't, then greatly reduce the batting timing attribute of the players in the team you use.

Wealey might be able to answer that one. All my bowler settings for accuracy are above 80% haven't tried it lower although I get knocked around a bit when I bowl with part timers who's accuracy is less than 60%

There are only 16 slots for creating new players which means to create an adjusted ashes teams you would need to retain 6 of the original players. This is a pity and hopefully the next edition will either have all teams editable or at least 22 free slots. (wishful thinking)

If you drop the batters strength to 50% you will find batting not so easy. Also if you drop batters running speed to 50% you won't make as many 3 as before and dropping one short to a close in fielder is a risk to take the quick single.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I reduce batsmen strength also as I found it to give a more realistic runrate.
In regards to accuracy I agree that when bowling the lower it is, equals more runs against therefore once again it's about finding a good balance. I have started working on making bowlers more individual and true to the real players, which will hopefully increase the difficulty in taking wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread