Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

i was wondering jazz how quickly you finished ur batting or bowling or watever and if you were doing a five day test match on wat day or wat time did you bowl or finish batting

Mate he said if its gentle pace and you bowl short then it gets dispatched! MUST be a way of getting jimmy and Broads pace up!!! it seems like a reli reli odd thing to have missed!!

Would be an easy patch though!

D'oh! :doh I missed out the bit about him saying the short ball was bowled at gentle pace. :doh

(Love that smilie!)

Is the Kasabian "club foot" track on the game ?

Are there different menu musics for different countries selected?

How's it like in 20/20 games after we hit boundaries and stuff ?

Are the red spots on bat (stroke marks) random or fixed for every bat ? do they appear with time as much as you play on the wicket?

Does the pitch degrades offering more spin after the match has progressed after an innings or days ?

Can you shine the ball ? I read this somewhere I think its there.

Are there any pending animations on the scoreboard after someone is given out/notout in an ODI match (3rd umpire decisions) ?

What about free hit rule in 20/20 ? Is it there ?

What about the customize option in the menu ? Can we buy kits and stuff over there ?

A lot of questions mate . Well take your time and thanks for posting about the game:happy:hpraise:hpraise:)

I know everybody looks for something different in a game, and everybody is entitled to their preferences, but I really do hope these are not the kind of things the developers had as priorities for this game. Hopefully not for the next game either (there are plenty of gameplay related things that need their attention).

I mean, if its there, great. If not, not sure how it matters in a game that is attempting to fix cricket 101 type of things in the gameplay department.

Well played Jazz, deserve a round of applause for the effort you are putting in.

As for everyone asking every question under the sun, wouldn't you prefer to find out in a couple of days yourself.

D'oh! I missed out the bit about him saying the short ball was bowled at gentle pace.

lol... dont matter where broad puts it at the mo anyway it will prob disappear and jimmy shud pitch it up anyway!! so all is fine!!

Things are sounding good... and lil errors that are being found are things that can be easily sorted or lived with!!:doh:doh:doh:doh:doh

im quite a fan of it too lol!

i read about someone who went to codemasters and wrote massive paragraphs bout the game and with test matches the pitch wears out and on like a 5th day pitch many cracks and ruth parts perfect for spin bowler apparently

Don't know about Shopto, but with play.com, it usually goes:

1. Order taken (preordered, in this case)
2. Packing.
3. Dispatched.

(as long as there are no problems)

So, I'd imagine that 'packing' would be next, if Shopto does things the same way. :)

Cheers. I'm in the UK and i've heard ShopTo are spot on with deliveries, like speed and stuff. Is that true?

jazz

can you tell us anything about batting and bowling powerplay? when u took it? how did the AI batsmen responded? when did the AI take the powerplay? were they more aggressive during powerplays?

thanks

Cheers. I'm in the UK and i've heard ShopTo are spot on with deliveries, like speed and stuff. Is that true?

No idea: I've never used them.

How much did you pay, by the way? I paid ?17.99 at play.com for the PC version. :)

coud someone plz explain the setup of the ashes when you start does it alow you to pick your squad from a number on quality players

No idea: I've never used them.

How much did you pay, by the way? I paid ?17.99 at play.com for the PC version. :)

Well I tend to use play.com, and wasn't even going to pre-order this game, but hearing that some from some people on here off ShopTo that their game has already arrived, I thought I'll order from them and see what happens. BTW if anyone could let me know how reliable and quick ShopTo are, I'd be appriciative.

Paid ?31.49 or something similar for the PS3 version of the game.

jazz...

can you please tell what is the weather like? i mean its mixture of flood lights & natural light?
flood lights are on? or any impact of evening?

ShopTo are ridiculously good. Been using them since I heard they were shipping one of the FM games early, and since then ordered my games from them and them alone. Best company on the net from what I've experienced, their delivery times are exceptional.

Users who are viewing this thread