Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

paradisekingy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
ill do some pros and cons just of little things i noticed

pros -
- defensive actions i thought were really good
- lots of edges but not 'scripted' i.e some go short, straight down, over slips etc depending on bowler and shot
- bowling is fun except no balls
- graphics and animation all look pretty sharp
- ai does vary its balls alot and the field although sometimes sets and offside field and bowls very straight so easy leg side runs
- lots of options (match settings)
- catching is good
- ai pacing is better than other games ive played and they dont keep playing same shot,
- the in field are very good at stopping the ball with lots of diving stops etc
probably alot more things

cons
- some pore run outs still but mainly seemed to be when hit into deep and they go for the second but cancel, direct hit will get them out
- when batting against spin alot of edges to keeper which is realistic i suppose but sometimes he pulls of amazing split second dives right down at the ground which seem far fetched
- boundary fielders dont attempt to stop the boundary, no dives, slides etc just watch it go past
- the good length being too full
- bowler speeds, brett lee = 100mph, anderson = 77mph
- camera is better than demo but still hard to stop the ball sometimes especially when it goes up high you cant see it come back down because camera too slow
- the way i got run out a minute ago because when you cancel a run sometimes, instead of running back as quick as possible and just keep going past the crease like they might in real life, instead the batsmen stop out side the crease and turn before putting the bat down which is stupid
- test matches dont last many days although probably due to my batting. although i did get computer out in about 30 overs. could be solved by making each session 25 or 20 overs instead of 30 to make it seem like it goes on for mmore days??
edit - also lbw's. nearly impossible to get the ai out with one, im sure i had lots of stonewall ones which were not even midly appealed for, however the ai appealed for loads against me which were all going metres down the offside which got annoying

cant remember much more but will post if i do.

overall very enjoyable to play, cant wait till servers are online or one of my mates comes round to play

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Quick question, when you're playing through the Ashes series, can you check the stats after each game, to find the leading run scorer, wicket taker etc?

paradisekingy

Club Cricketer
another big plus for me was that during test matches i sometimes thought i was playing within myself and defending balls that i might have been able to smash for 4 with ease which were pretty full and straight or short.

however when i did try to hit these after defending a few i managed to edge alot and getting out a few times

paradisekingy added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Quick question, when you're playing through the Ashes series, can you check the stats after each game, to find the leading run scorer, wicket taker etc?

you can look at a match summary of each test but thats about it

jamershepp

School Cricketer
i think that test matches will go through to the full 5 days for sum people its how you play i think paradisekingy was playing pretty attacking and was out for small score but if you play it defensive and get big score 3 or 4 hundred then you could be batting for over a day its the technique the gamer plays which depends my opinon on the amount of days the test match goes on for. also another point can some one please mention all the online gamemodes and list them please??? cant wait to get my copy just gonna go out and by it friday cheers

straightdrive

School Cricketer
hey kingy, just a quick couple of Q's, with the edit mode, can you change names of the non lisenced teams and when creating your own player can you add them to a international team or does it have to be one of the 4 teams ie codmasters.

Another Q is the kits, is it basicly just grey nicholls, gunn and moore, kookaburra, addidas and slazenger as the weapons of choice these batsman use

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
There really should be manual fielding in the game, so that you can time a dive to stop boundaries. And a throwing meter for returns. These have been implemented in baseball games for years - surely it's not that hard to include in cricket.

jamershepp

School Cricketer
o cheeres paradise no but i think that the people who will get through test matches will reli play ndefensive fair enough you werent that attacking but you probz hit a few you should have left i guess and people who only hit shot they should cause sometime the bowler bowls wide your tempted to cut it and most of the time you can get big off it but all it need is a miss time and its up in the air or caught at slip onlines gonna be very good i belive

paradisekingy

Club Cricketer
i think that test matches will go through to the full 5 days for sum people its how you play i think paradisekingy was playing pretty attacking and was out for small score but if you play it defensive and get big score 3 or 4 hundred then you could be batting for over a day its the technique the gamer plays which depends my opinon on the amount of days the test match goes on for. also another point can some one please mention all the online gamemodes and list them please??? cant wait to get my copy just gonna go out and by it friday cheers

i wasnt that attacking though tbh.

second innings my top scorer was cook with 49 from like 89 balls. i did well until my second and third wickets. but i think i edged 5 to the keeper from north and so by then it was all but over

paradisekingy added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

the game modes online are all the standerd ones so.. ashes, test, odi, 20/20

paradisekingy added 8 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

what diffuculty you been playing on paradisekingy??

hard mode .

jamershepp

School Cricketer
anywayz even kno your scores werent as high as they could be you are playing hard mode and on the demo when batting i found it pretty hard to perfectly hit of bowls i believe that you do miss time quite alot from my experience

stevo1

Club Cricketer
What would you rate the game so far out of 10 Kingy?? (Sorry if I missed it.)

paradisekingy

Club Cricketer
What would you rate the game so far out of 10 Kingy?? (Sorry if I missed it.)

id say about an 7-8 out of 10. although ive yet to play any type of multiplayer but im sure that'll boost it up a bit if i can find a friend who is decent at the game lol

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Early signs have been great!!

Some people who want red spots on the bat.. and refuse to buy it because of that i think get hung up on the most stupid of things!!:D

Users who are viewing this thread