Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

paradisekingy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
nope second ashes test.

just experienced a bug. all but one of thier fielders were on the off side(and he keeps bowling it straight for some reason) so i hit it leg side into the middle of the field and none of thier fielders went for it so i run 4 runs and then it cut to the next ball lol

lawsy009

School Cricketer
ya keep informing us :p btw have you got the ps3 version ? :)

Yeah PS3 version mate. All I can tell you for now is that England won the toss and elected to bat. Things haven't started well for England though, poor batting letting them down big time. An early run out of Bopara for one, before Strauss just goes LBW to Mitchell Johnson for 3. A slow run rate doesn't help, and now it's Collingwood and Pietersen at the crease. This Day/Night game isn't going to well so far, after 3 overs, England are at a shocking 7-2.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
you need a wicket at this stage

and it nearly came!!

Aus 39-0 off 7

Broad into the attack and treated with no respect being dispatched for a lovely six and 4!

Responded with a decent inswinger which was nearly chopped on missing leg stump by a wisker!!
:eek:

spaga1994

Club Cricketer
im playing as australia against sri lanka in a test match and am 2/106 going along at a healthy run rate of 4.Although im dreading the spinners as i ussualy get out cheaply when they come on. simon katich is on 55 from 96 balls and michael clarke is new to the crease on 4 from 14 balls. and clarke just got hit in the helmet from vass.

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
nope second ashes test.

just experienced a bug. all but one of thier fielders were on the off side(and he keeps bowling it straight for some reason) so i hit it leg side into the middle of the field and none of thier fielders went for it so i run 4 runs and then it cut to the next ball lol

This is from the demo.. Apparently you can't run more than 5 runs.. Actually on your start of fifth run, it just cut the screen and awards you the fifth run..

Wealey

ICC Board Member
WICKET!! What Drama!!

Aus 50-1 off 9 over!

Harmy continued and was hit for a 4 mixed it up slightly and bowled slower ball!! DROPPED in the covers!!

Was hit for another ball his confidence down to timid... Slower ball last ball of over trying to outfox a determined Warner...

Chipped to mid off for a simple catch!!

Its all Happening!!:banana2

spaga1994

Club Cricketer
just as i said murilitharan comes on and gets katich out first ball damn i shocking playing the spinners:doh

sl_fan

School Cricketer
im playing as australia against sri lanka in a test match and am 2/106 going along at a healthy run rate of 4.Although im dreading the spinners as i ussualy get out cheaply when they come on. simon katich is on 55 from 96 balls and michael clarke is new to the crease on 4 from 14 balls. and clarke just got hit in the helmet from vass.

Sri lanka will win the match for sure :p:banana2

Sureshot

Executive member
Can we keep out match updates. Impression are appreciated, but try and add some substance to them.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
The Drama continues... Ponting come out to the crease and is greeted with a vicious inswinger.. LBW!!! turned down and Hawkeye suggests it was just missing!

Next ball cut away for 4!!

59-1!

I have noticed that if you do not choose and end to throw to, even if the running is crazy so far they have survived!

paradisekingy

Club Cricketer
the ai bowlers bowl way too many short balls for my liking, next to no fielders on the leg side and bowling too straight, finding it too easy to pick up 2's and the occasional 4 when i hit it right, 49/2 from 13

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

What :doh. They have got Vaas's speed wrong too. He could never hit a batsmen on his tummy let alone his head during his last three years.

Users who are viewing this thread