Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

ive taken a note from wealeys book and actually bowling very well. after dropping hughes he went on to score all there runs so far, 8 from 4.4 overs, i decided to mix it up a bit. short ball that he defended then a jimmy anderson yorker, highes chipped it up for a comfortable c+b.

quality cricket

ive taken a note from wealeys book and actually bowling very well. after dropping hughes he went on to score all there runs so far, 8 from 4.4 overs, i decided to mix it up a bit. short ball that he defended then a jimmy anderson yorker, highes chipped it up for a comfortable c+b.

quality cricket

Iv noticed pictches make massive difference! if you get a belter you just got to bide your time...

but yeah if you bowl well they respect you... and you can work them out... bowl loose and ur travelling to the fence!

bowl crap and you can have them 100 off ten over and all out.. but thats just ████ cricket!

i think sometime people focus on the negatives far too much!... im yet to have run out aswell!! lil hint dont throw at an end just let the comp throw!

Just won the T20 Trophy playing with India. The Trophy presentation is so funny its just players no celebration nothing just captain with the trophy and team. Brian Lara 05 had a much better celebration once they got the trophy.

But loved the tournament final was amazing game Aussies got 194/7 in 20 overs
I made it in 18 overs with Raina and Gambhir getting 50s

im at lords, fair bit of wind i think, just dismissed katich. australia bless them are 13/2 from 8.3 overs

definately is cooler weather. where as before my bowlers were getting knackered, freddie and jim have bowled 4/5 overs each respectively and barely any stamina gone

oh my god this is the best ive bowled ever lol

bowled an in cutter, clarke tried to play leg side but edged into gully 22/3 from 10.4 overs.
its fair to say this game is sooo much better when your winning

about the catching, i wish it showed it when your batting and about to be caught out, just for a little added tension

Disappointed that the run-out bug is still there. Already had the computer running itself out 5 times in the first innings.

Your on fire!!!... second dig and it could all change! remember when you were skittled for 100 odd!:clap

i think its a combination of hard pitch to bat on and lots of movement

paradisekingy added 4 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

what the hell!! i just had a mix up between the ai batsmen, one run and the other didnt lol! both were at same end but i didnt chose an end to throw to and it got thrown the end both batters were at lol! instead of throwing to the other end and stumping one of them it cut to the next delivery.

unbelievable, and just dropped hussey aswell

paradisekingy added 2 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

ponting gone! virtually the same as before but he turned back halfway down and it was too late. what was confusing them was that he was smashing down leg side but square leg was stopping them with amazing dives and i guess the guy at the non strikers end saw it and didnt run but the hitter didnt straight away and it was too late (that or poor programming)

paradisekingy added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

just dropped north first ball, this game is mental

paradisekingy added 2 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

lol sorry for keeping posting but this is crazy, north goes for the big hit down the ground but hits it straight into the air, one handed catch at mid on(?). 39/5 from 15.5

Iv noticed pictches make massive difference! if you get a belter you just got to bide your time...

but yeah if you bowl well they respect you... and you can work them out... bowl loose and ur travelling to the fence!

bowl crap and you can have them 100 off ten over and all out.. but thats just ████ cricket!

i think sometime people focus on the negatives far too much!... im yet to have run out aswell!! lil hint dont throw at an end just let the comp throw!

Yes indeed, it does appear that people are focusing on the negatives so much - you look like you're having an absolute blast! Remember, this is just the first game of this series and there's always a chance of patches. Not to mention mods for the PC version.

im at lords, fair bit of wind i think, just dismissed katich. australia bless them are 13/2 from 8.3 overs

What's the bounce and outfield like at Lords? Is it still too slow like in the demo, or does it vary?

It's started slinging it down again here in London! It usually does this the night before a Test if it's in London, not up north...

Edit: About not choosing an end to throw - does that usually result in the computer getting back? It does manage to run them out sometimes though, doesn' it?

bounce is pretty slow but could be down to harmison being unbelievably slow on this game. outfield also was very slow at the start of innings, but mybe it might be the lords 'slope' that was affecting some shots

Users who are viewing this thread