Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Phew!!

Just finished my first match with the game...what a corker!!

Here's the match summary...New Zealand (AI) England (me) ODI, 3 day old pitch, warm but overcast in Anigua. Hard mode

NEW ZEALAND

30.0 overs 144 all out

Mcallen 62 (58) Harmison 5/35 (10.0)
R. Tiller 18 (19) G.Swann 2/16 (4.0)
K.Moles 16 (26) Broad 2/37 (7.0)
J.Oran 12 (8) Flintoff 1/56 (9.0)

ENGLAND

31.5 overs 145/8

Collingwood 40 (46) Oran 3/30 (7.0)
Shah 22 (38) Vittare 2/14 (4.0)
Bopara 21 (35) Moles 1/40 (8.0)
Strauss 21 (43) Bolter 1/47 (7.5)

After a very steady start I succumbed to over confidence and started trying to play too aggressive. This counted for Pietersen in 6 balls and also my two openers who put on 40 together. Colly came in and steadied the ship but then I tried my first stroll down the wicket and failed miserably, bowled!

With this the innings started disintegrating as Vittori came in and hit me with his spin, I didn't have a clue how to play it at first and this is what happened in his first over...Flintoff went or twelve and Prior a magnificent duck (my first, and with my home town player too, ouch!)

Shah put on a vital 22 as I started to read the spin but then the top and middle order were gone.

Then it was up to the tail to try and get the last 15 or so runs and by god is it a different proposition batting with these guys. I literally had to nurdle the runs into th odd gap and hope they got good contact. Very very nerve racking!

What a great experience. Loved every single minute of it. :p

One thing I didn't see though is a wide? Anyone else seen one yet?

Last edited:
yer i used it for twenty20, i think odi aswell

about not choosing an end, i find when i pick the end straight away the fielder seems to be in more of a rush to get it back to the stumps, so at least if you want to chose an end wait till the fielder has picked it up and do it last second. if you want to try reduce number of run outs anyway.

i find i get run out stupidly more often than the ai anyway

Edit: About not choosing an end to throw - does that usually result in the computer getting back? It does manage to run them out sometimes though, doesn' it?[/quote]

I haven't had a run out in 7 games!
But if your try run them out comp will let u more often! That's what the choosing end thing is for!! I always save mine every 5 overs or so in a test so if anything odd happened just reload!

Pink ball is 100% in!

yep wides are definately in the game, you have to listen out for it though or watch the over counter as it doesnt show the umpire with his arms out or anything like that.

gives wides for very short bouncers aswell

Edit: About not choosing an end to throw - does that usually result in the computer getting back? It does manage to run them out sometimes though, doesn' it?

I haven't had a run out in 7 games!
But if your try run them out comp will let u more often! That's what the choosing end thing is for!! I always save mine every 5 overs or so in a test so if anything odd happened just reload!

Pink ball is 100% in!

Now, why didn't I think of that? Excellent idea! So, if you get any 'unintentional' runouts, you can just reload. Nice one - R.I.P. AI runout bug.

haddin gone in the gully, i am destroying australia. 52/6 from 20 overs, 10 left of day 1 and i dont even know if they will survive

Hmmm, in my 1st innings of the first Ashes Test, Australia brought on Marcus North in the 4th over. :facepalm

One thing I didn't see though is a wide? Anyone else seen one yet?

I had a couple as I left a few that turned and slipped down lef! Glad you like it! I urge all counters to play it and get into it!

Awsome fun I'm sure you agree! I love how it feels luke you really earn your wickets!!

just a quick note, anderson has now bowled 11 overs in a row and is only slightly tired, whereas at cardiff he was half dead after 5. it must be beacuase of the cool conditions but isnt it a bit extreme? i can keep using my 3 best bowlers with no worry of loss of stamina for the rest of the innings if i chose

Now, why didn't I think of that? Excellent idea! So, if you get any 'unintentional' runouts, you can just reload. Nice one - R.I.P. AI runout bug.

I sometimes save after every over... So if something in realistic happens just like run out yeah reload! Perfect easy solution! There's always a way to enjoy!

you know when you push down the right analogue stick and it gives you some statistics like ball wear. anyone wish you could change the actual camera to that view??

would be well good i think

Users who are viewing this thread