Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

I'm hearing a lot of talk about this magic delivery from off-spinners which always results in a wicket:facepalm. Actually, what is that delivery?

What the Doorsa? I don't always get a wicket but I got a better chance of getting one.

can someone please let me know -

How many overs you can simulate? in BLIC 2007 we had option of 1 over or innings. are there more options like in EA?

I sometimes save after every over... So if something in realistic happens just like run out yeah reload! Perfect easy solution! There's always a way to enjoy!

Thats what I did with the runout bug on C2004.. The problem is, how long does it take you to save, can you only do it at the start of the first ball of every over? Obviously in a 400 over test match you are going to spend something like an hour of your life just saving and reloading

Thats what I did with the runout bug on C2004.. The problem is, how long does it take you to save, can you only do it at the start of the first ball of every over? Obviously in a 400 over test match you are going to spend something like an hour of your life just saving and reloading

Take 7 seconds tbh lol!! and you can save after every ball if you wanted!!

wealey88 added 4 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Comeback is complete!

England (AI) 394 all out after 105 over on the Morning of Day 2
Strauss 176 (229)
Cook 94 (178)

Hauritz 4/138 27 overs
Hilfenhaus 2/47 18 overs

Rest of wickets.. Johnson 1 Siddle 1 North 2

Pitch Turning!:D

Take 7 seconds tbh lol!! and you can save after every ball if you wanted!!

wealey88 added 4 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Comeback is complete!

England (AI) 394 all out after 105 over on the Morning of Day 2
Strauss 176 (229)
Cook 94 (178)

Hauritz 4/138 27 overs
Hilfenhaus 2/47 18 overs

Rest of wickets.. Johnson 1 Siddle 1 North 2

Pitch Turning!:D

Impressive score:banana2,now it for time of Australia,
[still waiting for the game:(]

This game has a major bug for off spinners bowling to right handers

I started a game yesterday test match England V Australia

It was about 107/0 after 25 overs. England where going nicely and I was happy that the ai was pacing it nicely for about 4 runs an over. Then I brought Hauritz onto to bowl and he got 4 wickets in his first over to leave England 107/4

You pretty much guranteed to get a wicket with the off spinner every time!

Disaster and cleaver AI... Lunch Aus 50-5.. Freddy 2 Panesar 3!

Brought the spinner on with the turning wicket and just cant get it away!! Australia in turmoil!!

Englands 391 looks a long long way off!!

This game has a major bug for off spinners bowling to right handers

I started a game yesterday test match England V Australia

It was about 107/0 after 25 overs. England where going nicely and I was happy that the ai was pacing it nicely for about 4 runs an over. Then I brought Hauritz onto to bowl and he got 4 wickets in his first over to leave England 107/4

You pretty much guranteed to get a wicket with the off spinner every time!

Man that sucks big time. Hauritz is no murali. Four wickets in an over is plaint stupid :facepalm. Jazz can you try bowling with a leg spinner. I just want to see if the off-spinners are the only one with this divine gift in the game.

First post, so go easy on me.

Got the game yesterday (PS3) and played a test match Eng v Aus with South Africa as the venue (Bullring).
People have mentioned 'quick scoring rates' but I found that, with a proper set field and proper 'test match' bowling, that teams go between 3-4 an over, which is reasonable these days.
The 'run out' situation is still there, although not as pronounced as in the demo. It might be partly to do with 'choosing ends' to throw at ? Hopefully something can be sorted.
The bowling speeds aren't ideal, but I still managed to get a 5 for with Jimmy A as he was swinging it lovely, so perhaps the swingers have been given reduced pace to 'even things out' ?

Anyway, on the whole, what a fantastic game......streets ahead of any other Cricket game ever. It just feels like cricket.....you can work a batsman over....dry up the runs...go aggressive with the bat....play a guy in who is out of form.

Well done Transmission games. 9/10. (but if you can give a patch to sort those small problems please ;))

Users who are viewing this thread