Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

One-dayers and T20s seem perfect for me, but Test matches are just diabolical. On hard mode I won the Cardiff Test with England in one day. All 4 innings played out on the first day!

What ever happened to good old button tapping?? this method would be so much better to create pace or amount of spin, something similar to older versions of tiger woods

Rite well i have to say iim impressed with the thought process of the test match bowling!!

Seamers all the way till lunch then they bring the spinner on for a couple just before and they grab a wicket!!

Thats how any captain would do it!!:happy

Impressive, but...

7 down now, still in 20-20 mode. :(

...it sounds as though you two are playing a completely different game.

Wait...are you both playing on the PC?

I played a game in Cape town and then in Melbourne. Has anyone noticed how short the boundaries are in Cape town but then compared to Melbourne the boundaries are quite big

Melbourne has the longest square boundaries of any ground in the world. It takes a very good shot to get it there. That's because the pitch is perpendicular to the length of the football ground, as opposed to Adelaide oval which is very long yet very skinny where the pitch is parallel with the length of the football oval.

It's good to see that these things are realistically represented in the game.

...it sounds as though you two are playing a completely different game.

I cant work out how hes bowling... in a test match the AI goes at about 3.5 agaisnt me.. in stages up to 4! but then i claw it back to 3 and a half an hour!

a good days test play AI 315-7!

You got to bowl to your fields and set your custom fields!!

THINK!

I cant work out how hes bowling... in a test match the AI goes at about 3.5 agaisnt me.. in stages up to 4! but then i claw it back to 3 and a half an hour!

THINK!

Are you both playing on the PC?

Also, does the AI set sensible fields as well?

I do bowl to my fields mate, but i get bored of bowling in the perfect spot outside of off stump eventually. I sway the line a bit to get some variation, and actually try to hit the stumps.

CPU eventually goes into slog mode, and once they are in slog mode they do not stop until they get themselves out.

The_gas added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Are you both playing on the PC?

No AI only uses attacking fields, even when you're on 100.

• How AI hits spinners for six over fine leg seemed pretty pathetic to me. :P
  • Bowling speed is pretty slow.
  • I'm still confused about the timing.
  • Camera is too much far while showing batsman and too much close of the fielders.
  • Limited fielding positions.

In spite of all these, I pretty much enjoyed the demo. But still, the game can get better if coddies decide to make patches.

Rite this is my honest answer from my experience on the PS3. 4 overs before lunch spinner on men all around the bat looking for the breakthrough!

Earlier in session i kept pushing and nudging throught the covers! AI = plugs the gaps!

Then bowls outside off stump making a flick to leg side tricky! I tried it outside edged to slips!

When i bowl, i bowl to the field i mix it up. You have got to frustrate the batter. You can go through periods where they get on top... So i drop a fielder back and make them work. They go back into their shell and you start to grind them down!

Hughes loved driving me through covers! I put a man on the drive.. Colly best fielder! Pitched it up away swing.. Hughes drives catch to Colly! played for and got!!
:happy

THINK!

You don't seem very good...

Also, your ultra defensive position with the game is curious. Any valid criticism and you retort but saying how many LBW's you had, in my version of the game the computer doesn't run itself out, the AI is so clever et cetera.

Join date, last month...

Just bowl the defaulted length, don't even touch it and the computer won't score over two runs an over if you bowl with a quick over 85mph.

I sway the line a bit to get some variation, and actually try to hit the stumps.

I find the best way is to keep it on that good line.. not always in the yellow circle green and light green is ok if you can stop meter well!... Then mix up swing etc... slower ball works well!

Then if they driving it well... stick a sweeper out or a man on the drive!!

I can understand the frustration but thinking realistically so far seems to have worked! 3.5 an over over 90 overs in a test is good AI

wealey88 added 1 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Also, your ultra defensive position with the game is curious. Any valid criticism and you retort but saying how many LBW's you had, in my version of the game the computer doesn't run itself out, the AI is so clever et cetera.

Join date, last month...

Just bowl the defaulted length, don't even touch it and the computer won't score over two runs an over if you bowl with a quick over 85mph.

Look at it how ever you want!... what difference does when i join make! Either way.. im scoring 350 then AI are scoring 350+ my test matches are lasting 5 days and im getting close enjoyable matches!

• How AI hits spinners for six over fine leg seemed pretty pathetic to me. :P
  • Bowling speed is pretty slow.
  • I'm still confused about the timing.
  • Camera is too much far while showing batsman and too much close of the fielders.
  • Limited fielding positions.

In spite of all these, I pretty much enjoyed the demo. But still, the game can get better if coddies decide to make patches.

Batting itself is a bit of a chore and lottery as you play your shots on hard once the bowler releases the ball. I would rather just play the ball under my batsman eyes i.e. as late as possible instead of some predetermined system.

Well yeah ok, if you want to exploit the computers weakness then you can!... But whats the fun in that!... may as well go get your money back!

I do bowl to my fields mate, but i get bored of bowling in the perfect spot outside of off stump eventually. I sway the line a bit to get some variation, and actually try to hit the stumps.

CPU eventually goes into slog mode, and once they are in slog mode they do not stop until they get themselves out.

The_gas added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

No AI only uses attacking fields, even when you're on 100.

I am beginning to think that our PC version's AI has been partially borked in comparison to the PS3's. Anyone here played both versions?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Join date, last month...

See, I think that's bad game design. The cursor should not start in that position, it should start in the middle of the pitch, so you actually have to put it somewhere yourself. And I still reckon it could use some wobble - albeit with a smaller cursor.

I am beginning to think that our PC version's AI has been partially borked in comparison to the PS3's. Anyone here played both versions?

To be honest there are plenty who enjoy it and plenty who dont! So why dont the people who dont like it, stop moaning and return their game and do something else.. and the people who do enjoy it keep playing!

Dont let others influence!... if you were new to this place and had a look you wouldn have a clue what to think!!

wealey88 added 0 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

And I still reckon it could use some wobble - albeit with a smaller cursor.

yeah i liked the wobble! not sure why you would get rid of that!!

Users who are viewing this thread