Retro, Historical and ATB teams

psychoherent

Club Cricketer
Hey everyone- just a thread to explore and bring together what I feel is the most underrated and amazing part of the DBC series- the historical teams. Nothing quite like actually watching Grace and Sobers and the rest and playing with them. Imagine a WI where Franklin Stephenson, the man who invented the slower ball played the 100 tests he should have instead of 0 because he went to South Africa? Imagine if Pollock and Proctor had had full careers? What about Eddie Barlow, the most overlooked of all allrounders? What happens when the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse were to bowl to Hobbs and Sutcliffe? Would Bill O Reilly have been able to handle Viv Richards? There's really nothing better for a cricket nerd than the historical teams and so basically this here thread is for the historical teams nerds to geek out and see if we can collectively enhance and improve each others historical team experience by sharing player info and ideas for builds, suggestions on players who should make teams and teams themselves- there are many great players and teams. As a longtime lurker I've seen a lot of aspects discussed in detail but I havent seen a thread dedicated to this aspect- so here it is!

With that, forum is now open. Lets have some fun, guys!

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've got every Australian and summer touring team from about 1977 to 2002 it's great stuff I started importing them in to 17 a while ago. I won't be uploading them again but it was great fun playing through a benson and hedges cup series

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Great thread. Is there some way I can download all of the 99 world cup teams? Have the teams been created yet if anyone knows.

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've got every Australian and summer touring team from about 1977 to 2002 it's great stuff I started importing them in to 17 a while ago. I won't be uploading them again but it was great fun playing through a benson and hedges cup series
Yeah I do the same I play every Australian international match I started at Australia v Pakistan test series of 76\77 when DBC 14 came out I am now up to the Australian tour of Sri Lanka 1983 its great fun so far Allan Border Graeme Wood Greg Chappell have now scored over 3000 runs D lillee has over 150 wickets R marsh has over 150 catches I record all innings and scores and see if I can beat there real life career stats
Since I started have played about 70 tests and about the same in ODIs I have heaps of books with all the Australian games scorecards printed from cricinfo so I can get all the correct teams and opposition absolutely love it

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I remember doing some of the old Aussie ground sponsors for you mate. Stuff like Carlton Draught and Four 'n twenty pies. How are they working out?

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I remember doing some of the old Aussie ground sponsors for you mate. Stuff like Carlton Draught and Four 'n twenty pies. How are they working out?
Yeah cool thanks I just finished playing the bensen and hedges world series cup it was cool fun except the AI could have been better but hopefully the next seasons one will be better
Anyway how you been I haven't seen you much on here lately

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Not bad mate. I've had a lot on at the moment. I'm in between jobs so I'm busy trying to get stuff sorted.

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Not bad mate. I've had a lot on at the moment. I'm in between jobs so I'm busy trying to get stuff sorted.
Well when you get on top of things and are looking or in the mood to create some more bats or logos give us a bell my list is pretty endless haha

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Yeah I do the same I play every Australian international match I started at Australia v Pakistan test series of 76\77 when DBC 14 came out I am now up to the Australian tour of Sri Lanka 1983 its great fun so far Allan Border Graeme Wood Greg Chappell have now scored over 3000 runs D lillee has over 150 wickets R marsh has over 150 catches I record all innings and scores and see if I can beat there real life career stats
Since I started have played about 70 tests and about the same in ODIs I have heaps of books with all the Australian games scorecards printed from cricinfo so I can get all the correct teams and opposition absolutely love it
My All Time Yorkshire vs All Time Barbados 5 day match was fantastic in BDC 14. Too bad you can't edit the vests in this game. I think DBC 14 is the place for retro cricket.

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
@blockerdave just uploaded WC 83 teams named as there country not Australia WC83 as I use them for other series cheers

psychoherent

Club Cricketer
I'm a West Indies buff myself- currently am working on a few players that got left out of the WI ATB XI I got from Get Best. Funnily enough, theres no Frank Worrell or Learie Constantine or even Charlie Griffith in there. PS: Anyone here a Saffers fan? I've been trying to create Endean and Faulkner and Clive Rice and a few others notably missing from the SA ATB lineup. Also trying to put together a 92 SA team- they may not be ATB players but I have always had a very soft spot for Snell and Mcmillian and everyone loves Jonty anyway.

Also, I dont know how helpful this will be, but maybe we can have a show of hands and call out of teams/area of expertise? Would be nice to know whom each of us should be asking or talking to when in doubt over a particular historical team or player. I'm sure a few people will have more than one but then its cricket- room for everyone(unless youre Afghanistan or Ireland, in which case ICC doesnt like you :D)

psychoherent

Club Cricketer
I made the rebel tour teams (a few South Africa so squads for later tours still to do), 2nd season WSC super test sides, and 1992 world cup.

Academy name mrdconnors.

I do intend to make a number of more 1980s/1990s squads.
Then I have you to thank for the excellent WC 92 team I play with. Much obliged, champ!

PS: I do think you have underrated Richie Richardson as a player, but thats a whole nother argument :D

Users who are viewing this thread