Robin’s Cosy Corner – West Indies Bangladesh Special Quiz

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Quiz Guidelines

To become a winner for this Quiz you need 80% correct answers.

Answering BONUS (Optional question) will not count toward the correct answers.

Hints will be provided as and when sought.

Time deadline for answering Quiz Questions is Friday (evening), May 1 2000 (ESt).

Good luck and Cheers!

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Bumper Quiz Guidelines

Unlike the Regular Quizzes of 5 questions where it was required to have 80% correct answers this one being 10 Questions based the rule is a bit relaxed.

To become a winner for this Bumper Quiz you only need 70% correct answers.

Answering Optional questions 11 or BONUS will not count toward the correct answers.

Hints will be provided as and when sought.

Time deadline for answering Quiz Questions is Friday (evening), May 1, 2000 (EST).

Good luck and Cheers!

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Answers:

1) ODI Stats
Matches:425
Runs:16684
Highest Score:186*
Avg:44.37
Centuries:43
Fifties:91
Ducks:20
Wickets:154
Catches:129

Test Stats
Matches:159
Runs:12773
Highest Score:248*
Avg:54.58
Centuries:42
Wickets:44
Fifties:53
Ducks:14
Catches:102

Answer 2)A
ODI
MOM-58
MOS-13

Test:
MOM-12
MOS-4

B)
Padma Vibhushan
Padma Shri
Arjuna Award
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna

Answer 3) Day one of 2nd Test against Australia in Mohali 17 Oct 2008.

Answer4)
Test:
Highest Runs scorer and Most Number of Centuries
ODI:
Highest Runs scorer and Most Number of Centuries

Answer 5)
3rd 336 V Sehwag, SR Tendulkar v Pakistan
4th 353 SR Tendulkar, VVS Laxman v Australia
10th 133 SR Tendulkar, Z Khan v Bangladesh

Answer6)
In 2003 WC, Sachin Scored 673 runs an got man of the tournament award.

Answer7)
ODI:Australia
Test:Australia

Answer8)
Test:caught
ODI:caught

Answer9)
ODI- Lee,Pollock,Vass. 9 times. Though Lee is winner coz it took him 25 matches for his 9 while vass and pollock took 49 and 28 matches.
Test- Muralidharan:7 times.

Answer10)
Sachin got his first century in his 79th ODI where he got 110 runs in 130 balls with 8 fours and 2 sixes. He got this against Australia in the match played at R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo on 9 September 1994. India batted first and with the help of Sachins innings got to 246 for 8 in 50 overs. In reply, the Aussies got all out at 215 and India won the match

Answer11) Visa Creditcard, Boost, Idea(now),Airtel(past),Sunfeast,MRF.

Bonus Question: Sachin Dev Burman

max_dillon2007 added 4 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Is there any prize???:p:p:banana2:banana2

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Welcome max_dillon2007!Fantastic Performance!

Welcome max_dillon2007.I am spellbound.

First attempt.110% correct(inclusive of Bonus question)Answers!

Since nobody has done it before I have no hesitation to confer upon you the title of ? The Greatest Quiz master ?.

Hat?s Off to you and a warm Handshake.

You have made my day!

Since you have demonstrated such authority of knowledge on Sachin Tendulkar I would like to cordially invite you to participate in the Part1 Quiz on Sachin Tendulkar which should be a piece of cake for you.

I will waive you of one question as you have already acquired 110 % correct Answers on QUIZ part2.

All you need is to Answer any 3 questions correctly and you will be the winner.

Having said that if you wish to answer all that will be a bonus for all of us.

Please let me know if you need any hint on any question. I will be more than happy to help you.

One small note : With your awesome knowledge on Sachin Tendulkar it would do all of us a world of good if you express your opinion on PART 1 Bonus Question.

All the best and Cheers!

bladescape

Club Cricketer
The Pride of India, Asia and the entire cricket World.

Here you go with the Quiz Questions – FIRST PART
A.This is much easier in places,I've followed Tendulkar pretty well,lets see how well I do.

a) What is Tendulkar’s Full Name?
A.Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar.

b) When and against whom did he make his Test and One Day debut?
A.Test:15th-20th November 1989,Against Pakistan,scored 15 bowled Waqar Younis.(Last bit from Cricinfo.(His score.))
ODI:18th December 1989,Against Pakistan,was dismissed for a 2 ball duck by Waqar again.

c) How much did he score on his test and One day debut?
A.Ooops,already answered this!!!

d) Who got the wickets of Tendulkar on his Test and One day debut?
Again!!!

I might continue tomorrow,but I'm stopping for now,that was a pretty good start anyway.

naresh091

International Cricketer
2.Coach Achrekar
3.)He and Ganguly joined to score a mammoth 252 runs in 44 overs against Kenya.
Will continue soon.There is a power-cut here now.

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Good start!

Here you go with the Quiz Questions ? FIRST PART
A.This is much easier in places,I've followed Tendulkar pretty well,lets see how well I do.

a) What is Tendulkar?s Full Name?
A.Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar.

A.Test:15th-20th November 1989,Against Pakistan,scored 15 bowled Waqar Younis.(Last bit from Cricinfo.(His score.))
ODI:18th December 1989,Against Pakistan,was dismissed for a 2 ball duck by Waqar again.

A.Ooops,already answered this!!!

Again!!!

I might continue tomorrow,but I'm stopping for now,that was a pretty good start anyway.

Question 1 - All correct .Congrats!

Keep going! You can do it!

robin2855 added 7 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Q 3 should read 1988 and not 1998

Q 3 corrected should be as follows:

3 He was associated in a monumental partnership in 1988.

a) What was the partnership worth and who was his partner?

c Why is the season 1988 unique for Tendulkar?

robin2855 added 5 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

2.Coach Achrekar
3.)He and Ganguly joined to score a mammoth 252 runs in 44 overs against Kenya.
Will continue soon.There is a power-cut here now.

Welcome naresh091! Flying start! Q 2 - Bang on target.Congrats!

Q 3 : Their was a typo from my end . It is 1988 and not 1998. Now try.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
When you talk of Tendulkar it’s like talking about a Demi God in Cricket where the very name magnetizes even his staunchest of critic. His class is indefinable.

It goes to his credit that even with such phenomenal fame, money, honor he remains a very humble person.

Their has been a number of geniuses in cricket but he is the genius of all geniuses – The Super Genius. The One and only – Sachin Tendulkar.

It is impossible to put his Achievments in one Quiz.

Hence I decided to cover in 3 parts.

This is the first of 3 parts on Modern day Cricket Genius - Sachin Tendulkar.

Here you go with the Quiz Questions – FIRST PART

a) What is Tendulkar’s Full Name?

2 Who was Tendulkar’s Coach and Mentor in his early life?

3 He was. associated in a monumental partnership in 1988

a) What was the partnership worth and who was his partner?

c Why is the season 1988 unique for Tendulkar?

a) When only 14 he was given a gift by another Indian Cricket legend which he treasures even to this day. What gift did he get?

b) At what age did Tendulkar made his first class debut? How much did he score?

Tendulkar is credited with a unique feat on his debut with Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy.

c) What is that unique feat?

5 He was the first overseas cricketer to play for a leading county in England

a) When and for which county did he play?

b) What was his performance in terms of matches played, runs scored and average achieved?

BONUS question (not mandatory)

What do the readers think has been the best inning(s) Tendulkar played in One day/Test so far in his career ?

Their is no right or wrong answer. Each of us is entitled to make our own judgments based on what we have seen.

I will not pass any judgment of mine now as it might influence others.

I will express my choice(s) when I post Answers to this Quiz.

Let‘s see what readers think if they choose to answer(It is optional).

I have just touched the tip of the Iceberg on Tendulkar to just get the ball rolling.

Their will be two more parts on Tendulkar which will cover in depth material on Tendulkar.

Second and Third Part of Quizzes will be posted tomorrow and Sunday or next week.

Good luck and Cheers to everybody!

Answer1)
A) Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar
B) ODI Debut-18 December 1989 v Pakistan
Test Debut-15 November 1989 v Pakistan
C)ODI Debut- 0 runs
Test Debut- 15 runs.
D) Waquar younis

Answer2) Ramakant Achrecker

Answer3)A) 664 runs partnership with Vinod Kambli
C) 1988 season was unique for Tendulkar coz he scored a century in every match he played. He is the only person to score century on his Ranji Trophy,Irani Trophy and Duleep Trophy Debut. Cetrainly that was the reason he was drafted in the team next year.

Answer 4)
A) Sunil Gavaskar gave him a pair of his own ultra light pads
B)On December 11, 1988, aged just 15 years and 232 days, Tendulkar scored 100 not-out in his debut first-class match for Mumbai against Gujarat,
C) He is the only person to score century on his Ranji Trophy,Irani Trophy and Duleep Trophy Debut.
Answer 5)
A)In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire.
B)Tendulkar played 16 first-class matches for the county and scored 1070 runs at an average of 46.52

Bonus Question:

I just cannot name any of tendulkar's inning as number 1 or 2 or soo on. Coz for me every run he makes is a joy to watch. So it doesnt mater how much he had scored, i cherish every moment of his batting. So If you wanna ask me waht is his best innig then i would say all he had played from 1989- present.

P.S: I would rather stand in indian stadiums in heat of June, than watching MSD scoring a century with his farmer shots(No offense MSD and his fans,but the Master is so great)

max_dillon2007 added 1 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

I thought there was some Vcash prize for this qui:Dz but anyway i answered it coz anything for the :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraisegreat one .:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Hail! O' Max_dillon2007! . Max_dillon2007 marvels again.

Answer1)
A) Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar
B) ODI Debut-18 December 1989 v Pakistan
Test Debut-15 November 1989 v Pakistan
C)ODI Debut- 0 runs
Test Debut- 15 runs.
D) Waquar younis

Answer2) Ramakant Achrecker

Answer3)A) 664 runs partnership with Vinod Kambli
C) 1988 season was unique for Tendulkar coz he scored a century in every match he played. He is the only person to score century on his Ranji Trophy,Irani Trophy and Duleep Trophy Debut. Cetrainly that was the reason he was drafted in the team next year.

Answer 4)
A) Sunil Gavaskar gave him a pair of his own ultra light pads
B)On December 11, 1988, aged just 15 years and 232 days, Tendulkar scored 100 not-out in his debut first-class match for Mumbai against Gujarat,
C) He is the only person to score century on his Ranji Trophy,Irani Trophy and Duleep Trophy Debut.
Answer 5)
A)In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire.
B)Tendulkar played 16 first-class matches for the county and scored 1070 runs at an average of 46.52

Bonus Question:

I just cannot name any of tendulkar's inning as number 1 or 2 or soo on. Coz for me every run he makes is a joy to watch. So it doesnt mater how much he had scored, i cherish every moment of his batting. So If you wanna ask me waht is his best innig then i would say all he had played from 1989- present.

P.S: I would rather stand in indian stadiums in heat of June, than watching MSD scoring a century with his farmer shots(No offense MSD and his fans,but the Master is so great)

max_dillon2007 added 1 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

I thought there was some Vcash prize for this qui:Dz but anyway i answered it coz anything for the :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraisegreat one .:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise

Another masterful performance by Max_dillon2007.

Amazing! Incredible! Mind Blowing! By virtue of your 100%s correct answers you fully deserve every bit of the aforementioned adjectives and many more.

Once again you have done a clean sweep in this quiz with 100% correct answers.

We are all very proud of your awesome achievement of winning two consecutive quizzes in style with 100% correct answers. It can?t get better.

Cheers and all the best!

robin2855 added 43 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Anybody want to volunteer. Their is no right or wrong opinion.

Hints(s)

The best way to answer the bonus question is to recall 5 best innings you remember of Tendulkar(Test /One day).

It is easy to answer if you own videos of those knocks.You refresh your memory by watching the highlights .I assume many readers dont' buy Videos nowadays as you can see live.

Assuming most readers don't own fair number of Videos (Correct me if I am wrong) on Tendulkar then the following option wil help.

Do a search on U tube to see if you can can watch highlights of
5 Best innings you have chosen on Tendulkar. Narrow it to 3 after watching.

Check again and see if you can narrow it to 2 or 1.

I understand when he has played so many classics innings (majority of high quailty) it will be difficult to narrow it only 3.

The idea behind this question is the fact that he had played so many memorable innings that some of us may not be aware at all of some great knocks. So it would be nice to share with others. So we all become enriched one way or the other.

Hope this hint(s) helps and we will have readers who would not feel shy to express their opinion in the better interest of all.

Cheers!

bladescape

Club Cricketer
The best innings from Tendulkar in my opinion was 160-odd in the 03 world cup,I think.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
You just cannot single out any of tendulkar's innings. Every runs he scores is special for his diehard fans like us. Thus it doesnt matter to us whether he scores 10 runs or 160 runs. Coz, Its tendulkar.

max_dillon2007 added 7 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

There aer a few more facts bout tendulkar which are left unanswered. Like, not many people know that he is ambidextrous. He can use his both arms equally. He Bats Right handed and write with his left hand. While fielding if you look closely, you would see that he sometimes throughs with his left hand as if he is a left hander and sometime he throughs with right hand.

Here is one question from me robin.

Q) Who was tendulkar's idol when he was a kid till he met Sunil Gavaskar???

Hint: Sachin had grown his hairs long and curly just to imitate his idol. His idol was exact opposite of Sachin in behaviour while on the field. And the line his idol is remembered to say this to umpire when things were not going his way " You can't be serious 'bout that!".

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Good One Bladescape!

The best innings from Tendulkar in my opinion was 160-odd in the 03 world cup,I think.

Thnaks for sharing your views. It was a great innings indeed!

robin2855 added 27 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

You just cannot single out any of tendulkar's innings. Every runs he scores is special for his diehard fans like us. Thus it doesnt matter to us whether he scores 10 runs or 160 runs. Coz, Its tendulkar.

max_dillon2007 added 7 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

There aer a few more facts bout tendulkar which are left unanswered. Like, not many people know that he is ambidextrous. He can use his both arms equally. He Bats Right handed and write with his left hand. While fielding if you look closely, you would see that he sometimes throughs with his left hand as if he is a left hander and sometime he throughs with right hand.

Here is one question from me robin.

Q) Who was tendulkar's idol when he was a kid till he met Sunil Gavaskar???

Hint: Sachin had grown his hairs long and curly just to imitate his idol. His idol was exact opposite of Sachin in behaviour while on the field. And the line his idol is remembered to say this to umpire when things were not going his way " You can't be serious 'bout that!".

Good Inputs.Their are many more on Tendulkar that could not be covered. It would take at least 5 quizzes to cover everything. But I tried to cover as many as possible what I thought was best.

Please feel free to share any additional material on Sachin you think would benefit readers.

His idol was American Tennis Legend - John McEnroe.

He actually wore a head-band, sweat-band and sported a tennis racquet to show his absolute loyalty for John McEnroe.

Last edited:

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Bonus question renamed Super Discussion

The response to bonus question was just 1 which is not what the question was intended for. Hence I have renamed it as Super Discussion.

This is how it will work:

I will name every day for the next 5 days one of the most classical and memorable innings Tendulakar has played in One day and Test match.

Readers will briefly explain Tedulkar' role in that match.

The person with the best answer is the winner and the second best will be a runner Up.

Answers, Winner and Runner Up will be announced everyday by 10 00 pm EST.

Their will be opportunity to win 5 times in the next 5 days.

In this way we will be able to unfold Tendularkar's best knocks.

Most important knowledge will be shared which is what the Forum is all about.

Here you go.

Discussion1

One day

143 against Australia in 1997-98 at Sharjah (Coca cola cup-Final).

Test Match

114 vs Australia at Perth in 1992.

What was Tendulkar's role in the aforementioned innings?

Good Luck and cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread