robin2855

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Super Discussion 1 -Time deadline extended to May 3 2009

Super Discussion 1 -Time deadline extended to May 3 2009

robin2855

Club Cricketer
ROBIN?S COSY CORNER (Answers to Cricket Legend Quiz Sir Vivian Richards Part 4)

There are probably few cricketers who belong to the elite class of all time greats.

Sir Vivian Richards is definitely one of them others being the great Don, Sir Gary Sobers, Dennis Lillee and Shane Warne to name a few.

He possessed devastating power, astonishing reflexes, and Sharp eyes, Go for the Kill approach at every ball and could destroy any bowler in a matter of minutes no matter how fast he bowled or how good the ball spun. It seemed he could see the ball as big as a balloon and dispatch it arrogantly to all parts of the ground with consummate ease.

In his era he probably faced the most formidable and fearsome bowling attacks of all time ? Lillie, Thomson, Pascoe, Walker, Gilmour, Snow, Imran, Kapil , Sir Richard Hadlee, Sir Ian Botham to name a few but treated all like a schoolboy belting them everywhere and never wore a helmet.

Like Tendulkar he has tons of records so I have decided to have 2 Bumper quizzes to cover those

This is the first part.

Here you go with the Quiz Questions ? PART 1

1)

a) what is the full name of Sir Vivian Richards?
b) He has a cricket and a boxing title. What are those?
c) when was he conferred knighthood?

2) Which first class teams did he play in his cricket career?

a) Home

b) Abroad

3 He also played another sport other than cricket for Antigua.

What is the other sport he represented for Antigua ?

4. When and against which country did Sir Vivian Richards made his debut?

a) Test

b) One day

5 Sir Vivian Richards Scored a brilliant century in a world Cup Final?

a) Which World Cup and against whom did he score that majestic century?

b) How much did he score?

Quiz Questions ? PART 2

6) Richard created a world record in 1976 scoring maximum runs in calendar year in test which stood for 30 years.

He also had a phenomenal test series the same year against England.

a) What was his record in that calendar year in terms of Matches, Innings, Runs, 50s, 100s a Highest Score Average?

b) What was his record in the 1976 test series against England in terms of Matches, Innings, Runs, 50s, 100s a Highest Score Average in that year?

7. He is one of only five non-English cricketers to have scored 100 first-class centuries.

Who are the other four?

8) The ICC ha ranked the best batsmen and Bowler in cricket history for both Test and One day.

What is ICC?S ranking of Sir Vivian Richards?

a) Test
b) One day

9) Which year was Sir Vivian Richards

a) Named as one of Wisden?s Cricketer of the year?
b) Which years did he win the Walter Lawrence Trophy?

10. The following are comments made by Cricket super stars and one leading commentator of England

The answers are also provided.

Put the number in a , b, c, d, ,f, g as you feel is the right answer

a)
_______said ?The greatest batsman he ever bowled to?

b) _______said ?Richards was the best ever batsman against genuine fast bowling?

c) _______said ? The second-greatest batsman he ever saw after Sir Garfield Sobers"

d) _______said ? Best batsman he ever witnessed?

e) _______said ? Greatest, the most destructive, and the most intimidating batsman he ever saw"

f ) _______said ? I have battled with this question. Who was the greatest batsman I have seen from Gavaskar, Barry Richards, Tendulkar, Vivian Richards . I have to say it is Richards because he performed when it mattered most?

g) _______said "Mohammad Ali of Cricket"

h) _______saidI "If I had chosen an All time World X1 I would put him at No3"

Answers

1. Marti Crowe
2. Barry Richards
3. Wasim Akram
4. Ian Chappell
5. Imran Khan
6. Dicky Bird
7. Colin Croft
8. Mark Nicholas

Bonus Question (Optional)

a) Who is Sir Vivian Richards married to?

b) How many children does he have?

c) Which one has played cricket?

Good luck everybody and Cheers!

Last edited:

robin2855

Club Cricketer
ROBIN'S COSY CORNER(Cricket Legend - Sir Vivian Richards Quiz 3,4 - (1 - 3) days left - HURRY UP)

Cricket Legend Quiz Sir Vivian Richards Part 3

1 What is Sir Vivian Richard?s career records in terms of Matches played, Runs scored, Highest Score, Average, Centuries, Fifties, Ducks, Catches, wickets?

a) Test

b) ODI

c) World cup

2) Which is considered one of the best knocks of Sir Vivian Richard?s?

a) One dayer
b) Test Match

3) Against which country has Sir Vivian Richards achieved his best batting performance in terms of runs, centuries, fifties?

a) Tests
b) ODI?S

4) When and against whom did Sir Vivian Richards performed his best allround performance in One day Cricket?

5) Sir Vivian Richards holds the World record for the fastest fifty in tests.

When, Against whom and in how many balls did he achieve that?

Cricket Legend Quiz Sir Vivian Richards Part 4

6) Sir Vivian Richard?s holds the highest Partnership record for 2nd. 10wicket in tests for West Indies.

a) What are the partnership records ?
b) Who was the other player involved in the partnership?
c) Against which country was it achieved?

7) What is Sir Vivian Richards mode of dismissals (Bowled , Caught, Caught Behind, LBW, Stumped, Run Out, Hit Wicket)?

a) Test

b) One day

8) Which bowler has accounted for Maximum Dismissals of Sir Vivian Richards?

a) Tests

b) ODI

9 What is his Captaincy Record in terms of Win. Loss, Tie, No result?

10) How many times has Sir Vivian Richard?s won Man Of the Match awards?

a) Tests
b) ODI

BONUS question (not mandatory)

Sir Vivian Richards has a stadium named after him.

a) Where is it located?

b) What is app capacity of the stadium?

c) When was the first Test and ODI held in this stadium?

Last edited:

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Quiz Guidelines

As it is a Bumper Quiz ? 10 Questions, you only need to answer 7 questions correctly to become a winner.

Answering BONUS (Optional question) will not count toward the correct answers.

Hints will be provided as and when sought.

Time deadline for answering Quiz Questions is Friday (evening), May 8 2009 (ESt).

Good luck and Cheers!

robin2855

Club Cricketer
BONUS QUESTIONS - One More chance ? Lifeline for readers

HURRY UP ? TWO DAY?S LEFT

BONUS QUESTIONS - One More chance ? Lifeline for readers.

I have simplified the Bonus question to Open answers(LOL!)

The scores of some of Sachin Tendulkar?s great knocks - both One Day and test are given below:

All you have to do is fill in the blanks for the Opposition Name, Place, date for each from Answers given below. It can?t get easier than this.

Later on when I post the correct answers I will throw some light about the role he played in the context of each innings.

Here You go :

Tests

114 ______ _________ _______

155* ______ ________ _______

136 ______ ________ ________

169 ______ ________ _______

57 ______ ________ _______

One Dayer

143 ______ _______ _______

82 ______ _______ _______

134 ______ _______ _______

186 ______ _______ ______

98 ______ _______ _______

Answers :

Test

115 Pakistan, Chennai, 1999

116 South Africa, Cape Town, 1997

117 Pakistan, Sialkot, 1989

118 Australia, Chennai, 1998

119 Australia, Perth, 1992

One Dayer

1. Pakistan, Centurion, 2003

2. Australia, Sharjah, 1997-98

3. New Zealand, Hyderabad, 1999-2000

4. New Zealand, Auckland, 1993/1994

5. Australia, Sharjah, 1998

Answers will be posted tomorrow evening (EST), May 3 2009.

Good Luck and Cheers!

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I think it's unnecessary having two threads for this, so I've merged it. You can make it clear that they are separate quizzes if you want but it clogs up the forum to have 3 of these.

robin2855

Club Cricketer
QUIZ UPDATE and RULES & REGULATIONS

QUIZ UPDATE and RULES & REGULATIONS

QUIZ UPDATE

QUIZ PART 1 & 2 have been merged.

Both Quiz 1 & 2 will be treated independantly which means Winners will be separate for both Quiz 1 & 2.

QUIZ RULES & REGULATIONS

One has to answer 70% correct answers to be declared a winner and will also be conferred upon the title of Quiz Master.

Their can be multiple winners so long any 7 questions are answered correctly.

Anybody with 100 % correct answers in addition to being declared a winnner or Joint winner will also be conferred upon the title of Quiz Badsha.

Anybody with 90 % correct answers in addition to being declared a winnner or Joint winner will also be conferred upon the title of Quiz Super Grand master.

Anybody with 80 % correct answers in addition to being declared a winnner or Joint winner will also be conferred upon the title of Quiz Grand Master.

Anybody who answers 5 to 6 questions correctly will get the Runner up title.

Anybody who answers 3 to 4 questions correctly will get the title of Quiz Smarty.

Anybody who answers 1 to 2 questions correctly will get the title of Quiz Potential.

Their is something for everybody even for answering a minimal of 1 Correct question.

I hope readers will now consider it worth taking a shot.

I now look forward to spontaneous participation.

Good luck to everybody and Cheers!

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Bonus question - tendulkar's best knocks in tests

BONUS QUESTION - TENDULKAR'S BEST KNOCKS IN TESTS

Here are the answers to Sachin's best knocks and his role in tests

Tests

114 vs Australia at Perth in 1992

Sachin’s role:

It was an awesome display of batting on a green top. While wickets fell at the other end, Sachin was unnerved and gave an awesome display of batting(114 in 161 balls with 16 glorious boundaries) and announced to the world that a star was born He won the hearts of all and sundry including the incomparable Sir Don Bradman

155* vs Australia at Chennai in 1998

Sachin’s role:

This match was a battle between he Best Batsman and the Best Bowler of the world. Warne won the first round as Sachin went cheaply to him in the first innings.

But come second innings and Sachin battered and mauled Warne so much that eversince he had a psychological advantage over Warne. Sachin not only won his famous battle against Warne in the second round but helped India to win the match.

136 vs Pakistan at Chennai in 1999

Sachin’s role :

This is considered by many as his best test knock for the reason of his Brave effort and never say die approach.

Sachin went without scoring in the first innings and when he arrived at the crease in the second innings India was tottering at 6 fo2.From 6 for 2 it worsened to 82 for 5. Something extra ordinary thing had to be done.

Fortunately he found at hat point a reliable partner in the form of Nayan Mongia.

Together they stood tall and were able to bravely negotiate the menace of Wasim, Waqar and Saqlain at is magical best.

When he left at 254 India was 17 short of victory. But Saqlain and Wasim cleaned up the tail forthe addition of only 4 runs and Pakistan won the match by 12 runs.

169 vs South Africa at Cape Town in 1997:

Sachin’s role:

This is another innings of the Highest class where he score a majestic 169 against a top quality pace attack of Allan Donald, Brian McMillan and Shaun Pollock.

India was tottering at 58 for 5 . But Sachin in the company of another Legendary Ex captain Azaharuddin took charge and demolished the famed and fearsome South African pace attack with an array of breathtaking shots that bordered on genius. These 2 pair score a gallant partnership of 222 runs. It is sad even with such a courageous and sublime batting display India lost the match. But to the South Africans he became an instant hero.

57 vs. Pakistan at Sialkot in 1989:

Sachin’s role:

This is a memorable one frmo Sachin as this was achieved in his first test series against the formidable pace attack of Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, and Waqar Younis and the spin magician Abdul Qader.

In the first test he was hit by a vicious Waqar bouncer at which he fell to the ground bleeding. He went o to score 15 before being bowled by Waqar.
However he shoed his class In the fourth and last test when he scored a match saving 57 : staying at the crease for 193 minutes facing 134 balls and executing 6 sparkling boundaries and in the process saved the match and series for India.Ever since Sachin went from strength to strength to later become the best batsman of the Modern era.

His best knocks in One day will be posted on Wednesday evening (EST), May 6, 2009.

Cheers!

Last edited:

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Quiz update

QUIZ UPDATE

The QUIZZES PART 1 & 2 each comprising of 10 questions perhaps may appear too long and standing in the way of participation.

So for sake of simplicity and ease I have subdivided PART 1 into Part 1 & Part 2 each comprising 5 questions.

Similarly Part 2 has been subdivided into Part 3 and 4 each comprising 5 questions.

Their will be a Winner for each part so long any 4 questions are answered correctly.

Those answering 3 questions will be declared a Runner up.

Those answering 2 questions will get the title of Quiz smarty.

Time deadlines

The time deadline for Part 1 is May 8 and that of Part 2 May 10.

The time deadline for Part 3 is May 15 and that of Part 4 May 17.

Answers posting

If there is no winner or Runner up for Part 1, the five answers will be posted one each every day for the next 5 days starting May 8.

Similar pattern will follow for Parts 2,3,4

This particular Quiz initiative was taken as a mark of respect to one of the most exciting batsman of all time. This type of personality is born once in a century. Incidentally he is also one of my all time favorites . So I thought It may be a good idea to cover as much as possible on Viv to apprise readers of his monumental exploits and contribution to world cricket.

With Quiz system now simplified I hope readers will take the initiative to participate.

Good Luck and Cheers to Everyone!

bladescape

Club Cricketer
Sorry,I've been unalbe to try the quizes because of lack of time.
I've been trying to get through all the stuff I've got to do on the internet,occasionally I've had time but I forgot.

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Welcome back bladescape!

Sorry,I've been unalbe to try the quizes because of lack of time.
I've been trying to get through all the stuff I've got to do on the internet,occasionally I've had time but I forgot.

Their are four quizzes. Try the one(s) you are comfortable. You are a proven performer.You can do it!

Please let me know if you need any hint.

Also I will revert to the regular Quiz structure and composition after the Legends are completed. It appears readers are more comfortable with that which is understandable.

I look forward to some fireworks from you now and remember you can be a Winner 4 times.

Cheers!

Last edited:

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Sachin's Best Knocks #1 -143 against Australia in 1997-98 at Sharjah

As mentioned in an earlier Posting starting today I am going to post answers and role of Sachin's 5 best Knocks in One dayers.

I do not want to overwhelm readers by posting all his 5 best knocks today.

It will be one each day starting today for the next 4 days.

If any readers have any other Sachin Knocks they want to share feel free to do that.

Sachin's Best Knocks #1 -143 against Australia in 1997-98 at Sharjah

This innings of Sachin is regarded by many as one of his best innings.

India desperately needed to qualify for the finals. Tendulkar took the challenge and scored a blistering 143 in 131 balls with 9 breathtaking fours and 5 towering sixes. He had scored 57% of India?s total score.

The important thing to note is his complete domination of Australian bowlers and the belligerent manner he scored reminded one of The Master Blaster Viv.

I did not see the match live. I saw it on ATN Cricket PLUS recently. I was spellbound.

For those readers who have not seen this I strongly recommend you see that.

Highlights of this innings is available in YouTube.

Here are the steps to get there.

Type YouTube in google.

Click YouTube.

Type Tendulkar?s best Innings in Search.

Look for the one that says ?Sachin's 143 Against Australia In sharjah 1998?

Highlights Time: 9 mintes 19 secs.

Click on the above and you will see super stuff from Tendulkar - Unbelievable shots: Fours and Sixes raining all over.

Don?t? miss this one.

Good luck and cheers!

bladescape

Club Cricketer
Here you go with the Quiz Questions – PART 1

Ones I can answer quickly.
1)

A.Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards.

a) Home
A.West Indies,Combined Islands,Leeward Islands.
b) Abroad
A.Glamorgan,Somerset,Queensland.

a) Test
22-27 November 1974

b) One day
7 June 1975

a) Named as one of Wisden’s Cricketer of the year?
A.1977
A.1980 & 1986

A.Mali Richards.

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Congrats Bladescape! You are the winner of Quiz Part 1

Here you go with the Quiz Questions ? PART 1

Ones I can answer quickly.
1)

A.Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards.

a) Home
A.West Indies,Combined Islands,Leeward Islands.
b) Abroad
A.Glamorgan,Somerset,Queensland.

a) Test
22-27 November 1974

b) One day
7 June 1975

a) Named as one of Wisden?s Cricketer of the year?
A.1977
A.1980 & 1986

A.Mali Richards.

Congrats Bladescape!You are the winner of Quiz Part 1.

You have answered 3 questions of Part 1 and Bonus correctly.

Since you are the first and the only one to have attempted the Quiz you will also be credited for Bonus question. In otherwords you have answered 4 questions correctly which is a requirement for being a Winner.

You have also answered one question of Quiz 2 correctly. So you are already a Quiz smarty for Quiz 2. If you answer 3 more questions of Part 2 you can also be a winner and I am confident that you are capable of doing that as you have proved in the past.

You still have 3 more days to do that.

Please let me know if you need any hint for Part 2( Questions 6,7,8, 10).

You can do it!

Cheers!

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Quiz 2 - Only 3 days remaining. Hurry up!

QUIZ 2 - ONLY 3 DAYS HURRY UP! Bladescape has aready won QUIZ 1 and he has also bagged the Quiz Smarty title for QUIZ 2.

It should be a wake call for other Quiz masters. You too can do it as well.

Keep in mind Napolean Hill's famous sayings " Whatever the mind can conceive, believe he can achieve"

Users who are viewing this thread