Round 12: Dublin Destroyers v Manchester Divided @ Rebbit Gardens

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
If I am honest, this match doesn't really matter for us. So whatever...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok, prove it by dropping all your nats and reversing your lineup.
Nah. Humiliating DD still matters to me.

And sure thing Master Tom. I shall gladly worship every step you make as long as you're one of the prophets of Sehwagology... :hpraise

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Dublin Destroyers vs. Manchester Divided

@ Rebbit Gardens

Welcome here to Ireland as Man D and the Destroyers clash in a match that matters to only one of the teams here. Man D are as good as in the Semis, while Dublin will want to win this to sneak in. This is a must-win game for Dublin and a lot of planning has gone in from their side, while Man D are playing purely for pride. They've rested Syd Barnes who has picked up a slight injury, so it'll be interesting to see how the bowling copes. Dublin have opted to bat first on this Hard wicket, and they should be aiming for something in the 170s here. Zorax has the ball and we're underway...

0.1 Zorax Doom to Simbazz, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)
0.2 Zorax Doom to Simbazz, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
0.3 Zorax Doom to Highlander999, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
0.4 Zorax Doom to Highlander999, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
0.5 Zorax Doom to Highlander999, That was a very good delivery. (0)
0.6 Zorax Doom to Highlander999, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)

End of over 1
Dublin Destroyers 10/0 (RR : 10)
Simbazz 5 (2b)
Highlander999 5 (4b)
Zorax Doom 1-0-10-0

1.1 Whitehornmatt to Highlander999, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
1.2 Whitehornmatt to Highlander999, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
1.3 Whitehornmatt to Highlander999, Beaten by the movement in the air, and rapped dead in front. Excellent bowling.

Highlander999 lbw Whitehornmatt
Runs : 5 Balls : 7 S/R : 71.43

(0)
1.4 Whitehornmatt to Offcutters, Slog-sweep time! He completely misses it though, and is rapped on the pads. The bowler is appealing...and yup, he's got to go! Tough luck kid, maybe you'll get it next time!

Offcutters lbw Whitehornmatt
Runs : 0 Balls : 1 S/R : 0

(0)
1.5 Whitehornmatt to Jack Hobbs, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
1.6 Whitehornmatt to Jack Hobbs, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (2)

End of over 2
Dublin Destroyers 14/2 (RR : 7)
Jack Hobbs 4 (2b)
Simbazz 5 (2b)
Whitehornmatt 1-0-4-2

2.1 Zorax Doom to Simbazz, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
2.2 Zorax Doom to Simbazz, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
2.3 Zorax Doom to Jack Hobbs, Full, wide, the batsman slashes hard at it and edges it straight to second slip! Out!

Jack Hobbs c RoboRocks b Zorax Doom
Runs : 4 Balls : 3 S/R : 133.3

(0)
2.4 Zorax Doom to Gary123, , No Ball. GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
2.4 Zorax Doom to Gary123, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
2.5 Zorax Doom to Gary123, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
2.6 Zorax Doom to Gary123, Short and pulled away for a single (1)

End of over 3
Dublin Destroyers 19/3 (RR : 6.33)
Simbazz 6 (4b)
Gary123 3 (4b)
Zorax Doom 2-0-15-1

3.1 Whitehornmatt to Gary123, One more to the total. (1)
3.2 Whitehornmatt to Simbazz, Bowler appeals, others follow, and got him!

Simbazz lbw Whitehornmatt
Runs : 6 Balls : 5 S/R : 120

(0)
3.3 Whitehornmatt to Hooper, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
3.4 Whitehornmatt to Gary123, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
3.5 Whitehornmatt to Gary123, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)
3.6 Whitehornmatt to Gary123, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)

End of over 4
Dublin Destroyers 25/4 (RR : 6.25)
Gary123 8 (8b)
Hooper 1 (1b)
Whitehornmatt 2-0-10-3

4.1 Zorax Doom to Hooper, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
4.2 Zorax Doom to Gary123, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
4.3 Zorax Doom to Gary123, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
4.4 Zorax Doom to Hooper, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)
4.5 Zorax Doom to Hooper, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
4.6 Zorax Doom to Hooper, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)

End of over 5
Dublin Destroyers 35/4 (RR : 7)
Hooper 8 (5b)
Gary123 11 (10b)
Zorax Doom 3-0-25-1

5.1 Whitehornmatt to Gary123, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
5.2 Whitehornmatt to Hooper, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
5.3 Whitehornmatt to Hooper, , Wide, one run (1)
5.3 Whitehornmatt to Hooper, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)
5.4 Whitehornmatt to Hooper, , Byes, another 4 run(s) (4)
5.5 Whitehornmatt to Gary123, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
5.6 Whitehornmatt to Hooper, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)

End of over 6
Dublin Destroyers 49/4 (RR : 8.17)
Gary123 13 (12b)
Hooper 15 (8b)
Whitehornmatt 3-0-20-3

6.1 The Spin to Hooper, One more to the total. (1)
6.2 The Spin to Gary123, , No Ball. Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
6.2 The Spin to Gary123, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
6.3 The Spin to Hooper, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
6.4 The Spin to Hooper, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
6.5 The Spin to Hooper, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
6.6 The Spin to Hooper, That's a single. (1)

End of over 7
Dublin Destroyers 57/4 (RR : 8.14)
Gary123 16 (14b)
Hooper 19 (13b)
The Spin 1-0-8-0

7.1 RoboRocks to Hooper, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
7.2 RoboRocks to Gary123, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
7.3 RoboRocks to Hooper, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
7.4 RoboRocks to Hooper, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
7.5 RoboRocks to Gary123, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
7.6 RoboRocks to Gary123, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)

End of over 8
Dublin Destroyers 62/4 (RR : 7.75)
Gary123 17 (17b)
Hooper 23 (16b)
RoboRocks 1-0-5-0

8.1 Pak Cricketer to Hooper, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
8.2 Pak Cricketer to Gary123, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
8.3 Pak Cricketer to Hooper, //First Twenty five lines, for No run. Don't exceed 25 lines. (0)
8.4 Pak Cricketer to Hooper, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
8.5 Pak Cricketer to Hooper, One more to the total. (1)
8.6 Pak Cricketer to Gary123, That's a single. (1)

End of over 9
Dublin Destroyers 68/4 (RR : 7.56)
Hooper 27 (20b)
Gary123 19 (19b)
Pak Cricketer 1-0-6-0

9.1 07harrisb to Gary123, No shot offered. (0)
9.2 07harrisb to Gary123, One more to the total. (1)
9.3 07harrisb to Hooper, Very well bowled. (0)
9.4 07harrisb to Hooper, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
9.5 07harrisb to Gary123, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
9.6 07harrisb to Gary123, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)

End of over 10
Dublin Destroyers 73/4 (RR : 7.3)
Hooper 28 (22b)
Gary123 23 (23b)
07harrisb 1-0-5-0

10.1 Pak Cricketer to Gary123, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
10.2 Pak Cricketer to Gary123, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
10.3 Pak Cricketer to Gary123, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
10.4 Pak Cricketer to Gary123, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
10.5 Pak Cricketer to Gary123, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)
10.6 Pak Cricketer to Gary123, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)

End of over 11
Dublin Destroyers 77/4 (RR : 7)
Gary123 27 (29b)
Hooper 28 (22b)
Pak Cricketer 2-0-10-0

11.1 RoboRocks to Hooper, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
11.2 RoboRocks to Hooper, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
11.3 RoboRocks to Hooper, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
11.4 RoboRocks to Gary123, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
11.5 RoboRocks to Gary123, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (2)
11.6 RoboRocks to Gary123, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)

End of over 12
Dublin Destroyers 88/4 (RR : 7.33)
Gary123 31 (32b)
Hooper 35 (25b)
RoboRocks 2-0-16-0

12.1 Pak Cricketer to Hooper, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
12.2 Pak Cricketer to Hooper, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
12.3 Pak Cricketer to Hooper, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
12.4 Pak Cricketer to Hooper, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
12.5 Pak Cricketer to Gary123, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
12.6 Pak Cricketer to Gary123, Short, wide, you know the drill. 4 runs. (4)

End of over 13
Dublin Destroyers 99/4 (RR : 7.62)
Gary123 35 (34b)
Hooper 42 (29b)
Pak Cricketer 3-0-21-0

13.1 RoboRocks to Hooper, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
13.2 RoboRocks to Hooper, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
13.3 RoboRocks to Hooper, That was a very good delivery. (0)
13.4 RoboRocks to Hooper, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
13.5 RoboRocks to Hooper, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
13.6 RoboRocks to Hooper, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)

End of over 14
Dublin Destroyers 101/4 (RR : 7.21)
Hooper 44 (35b)
Gary123 35 (34b)
RoboRocks 3-0-18-0

14.1 The Spin to Gary123, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
14.2 The Spin to Hooper, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
14.3 The Spin to Gary123, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
14.4 The Spin to Gary123, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
14.5 The Spin to Gary123, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
14.6 The Spin to Gary123, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)

End of over 15
Dublin Destroyers 107/4 (RR : 7.13)
Gary123 40 (39b)
Hooper 45 (36b)
The Spin 2-0-14-0

15.1 RoboRocks to Hooper, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
15.2 RoboRocks to Hooper, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
15.3 RoboRocks to Gary123, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
15.4 RoboRocks to Gary123, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)
15.5 RoboRocks to Gary123, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
15.6 RoboRocks to Hooper, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)

End of over 16
Dublin Destroyers 115/4 (RR : 7.19)
Hooper 46 (39b)
Gary123 47 (42b)
RoboRocks 4-0-26-0

16.1 07harrisb to Gary123, That was a very good delivery. (0)
16.2 07harrisb to Gary123, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
16.3 07harrisb to Gary123, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
16.4 07harrisb to Gary123, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
16.5 07harrisb to Gary123, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)
16.6 07harrisb to Gary123, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)

End of over 17
Dublin Destroyers 127/4 (RR : 7.47)
Gary123 59 (48b)
Hooper 46 (39b)
07harrisb 2-0-17-0

17.1 The Spin to Hooper, That was a very good delivery. (0)
17.2 The Spin to Hooper, , Wide, one run (1)
17.2 The Spin to Hooper, , Wide, one run (1)
17.2 The Spin to Hooper, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
17.3 The Spin to Hooper, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)
17.4 The Spin to Hooper, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
17.5 The Spin to Hooper, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
17.6 The Spin to Gary123, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)

End of over 18
Dublin Destroyers 134/4 (RR : 7.44)
Gary123 59 (49b)
Hooper 51 (44b)
The Spin 3-0-21-0

18.1 Zorax Doom to Hooper, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
18.2 Zorax Doom to Gary123, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
18.3 Zorax Doom to Hooper, , Wide, one run (1)
18.3 Zorax Doom to Hooper, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
18.4 Zorax Doom to Hooper, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
18.5 Zorax Doom to Hooper, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
18.6 Zorax Doom to Hooper, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)

End of over 19
Dublin Destroyers 144/4 (RR : 7.58)
Gary123 60 (50b)
Hooper 59 (49b)
Zorax Doom 4-0-35-1

19.1 Whitehornmatt to Hooper, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)
19.2 Whitehornmatt to Hooper, Slog-sweep time! He swings, and misses! Clean bowled. Aw shucks.

Hooper b Whitehornmatt
Runs : 63 Balls : 51 S/R : 123.5

(0)
19.3 Whitehornmatt to Biggy, That's a single. (1)
19.4 Whitehornmatt to Gary123, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
19.5 Whitehornmatt to Gary123, Very well bowled. (0)
19.6 Whitehornmatt to Gary123, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)

End of over 20
Dublin Destroyers 155/5 (RR : 7.75)
Gary123 66 (53b)
Biggy 1 (1b)
Whitehornmatt 4-0-31-4

The final scorecard for first innings was :
Score: 155
Wickets : 5
Overs : 20.0

'Not good enough' will be what all the Dublin fans will be thinking, as WHM ripped through their top order with the new ball to help restrict Dublin to a meagre 155. Gary and Hooper re-built the innings from the depths of 20/4, and given their start, 155 looks pretty decent. But these are great batting conditions and it'll take a fantastic bowling effort from DD to defend this total. All of the Man D bowlers bowled well, WHM standing out with 4 wickets, with 3 LBWs in his first two overs. The game's firmly in their control. Will they pull off another win, or will Dublin rise to the occasion? Find out when we return.

Last edited:

Gary123

School Cricketer
155 on Hard wicket isn't good enough.
But I played well,didn't I?
Is this a dream or can I really score some runs?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
And we're back and it's time for the runchase! The Dublin seam attack likes the look of this pitch, and if they snaffle some early wickets like Man D, you never know. However, a more likely scenario is Man D chasing this down in good batting conditions. Don Tallon and KBC walk out, both eager for big scores, while Bart King takes the new ball. Let's head to the pitch to catch the action...

0.1 Bart King to Don Tallon, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
0.2 Bart King to Don Tallon, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
0.3 Bart King to Don Tallon, No shot offered. (0)
0.4 Bart King to Don Tallon, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
0.5 Bart King to Don Tallon, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
0.6 Bart King to Don Tallon, No shot offered. (0)

End of over 1
Manchester Divided 4/0 (RR : 4) Required RR(7.95)
Don Tallon 4 (6b)
KBC 0 (0b)
Bart King 1-0-4-0

1.1 Malcolm Marshall to KBC, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
1.2 Malcolm Marshall to KBC, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
1.3 Malcolm Marshall to Don Tallon, One more to the total. (1)
1.4 Malcolm Marshall to KBC, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
1.5 Malcolm Marshall to KBC, Full delivery outside off-stump, the batsman clears his left leg and swings, and cracks it up and over midwicket for six! Great shot, tremendous power! (6)
1.6 Malcolm Marshall to KBC, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)

End of over 2
Manchester Divided 17/0 (RR : 8.5) Required RR(7.67)
Don Tallon 5 (7b)
KBC 12 (5b)
Malcolm Marshall 1-0-13-0

2.1 Bart King to KBC, //First Twenty five lines, for No run. Don't exceed 25 lines. (0)
2.2 Bart King to KBC, Oh my, he has absolutely hammered that down the ground! That'll be one of the flattest sixes you'll ever see! (6)
2.3 Bart King to KBC, That is poor running, chance of a run out, and he's gone!

KBC run out Jack Hobbs
Runs : 18 Balls : 8 S/R : 225

(0)
2.4 Bart King to Viv Richards, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
2.5 Bart King to Don Tallon, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
2.6 Bart King to Viv Richards, That was a very good delivery. (0)

End of over 3
Manchester Divided 25/1 (RR : 8.33) Required RR(7.65)
Viv Richards 1 (2b)
Don Tallon 6 (8b)
Bart King 2-0-12-0

3.1 Malcolm Marshall to Don Tallon, Beaten by the movement in the air, and rapped dead in front. Excellent bowling.

Don Tallon lbw Malcolm Marshall
Runs : 6 Balls : 9 S/R : 66.67

(0)
3.2 Malcolm Marshall to Amiya, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
3.3 Malcolm Marshall to Amiya, No shot offered. (0)
3.4 Malcolm Marshall to Amiya, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
3.5 Malcolm Marshall to Viv Richards, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
3.6 Malcolm Marshall to Viv Richards, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)

End of over 4
Manchester Divided 27/2 (RR : 6.75) Required RR(8)
Amiya 1 (3b)
Viv Richards 2 (4b)
Malcolm Marshall 2-0-15-1

4.1 Bart King to Viv Richards, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
4.2 Bart King to Viv Richards, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
4.3 Bart King to Viv Richards, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
4.4 Bart King to Amiya, I don't think he'll be attempting any more bouncers after that. The batsman has hooked that away magnificently for six! (6)
4.5 Bart King to Amiya, Bah, I've seen better fielding by armless seniors in wheelchairs while blindfolded! Terrible effort, the batsmen laugh as they make the third run. (4)
4.6 Bart King to Amiya, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)

End of over 5
Manchester Divided 40/2 (RR : 8) Required RR(7.67)
Amiya 11 (6b)
Viv Richards 5 (7b)
Bart King 3-0-25-0

5.1 Malcolm Marshall to Viv Richards, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
5.2 Malcolm Marshall to Viv Richards, And that's a slower ball gone horribly wrong. Sits up and begs to be smacked for four, which it promptly is. (4)
5.3 Malcolm Marshall to Viv Richards, Plumb!

Viv Richards lbw Malcolm Marshall
Runs : 9 Balls : 10 S/R : 90

(0)
5.4 Malcolm Marshall to Covvy, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)
5.5 Malcolm Marshall to Covvy, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
5.6 Malcolm Marshall to Covvy, The batsman sees the juicy half-volley outside off-stump, and decided that it deserved more than a spanking through the covers, and so thrashes it into the stands instead! 6 runs. (6)

End of over 6
Manchester Divided 54/3 (RR : 9) Required RR(7.21)
Covvy 10 (3b)
Amiya 11 (6b)
Malcolm Marshall 3-0-29-2

6.1 Biggy to Amiya, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
6.2 Biggy to Covvy, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
6.3 Biggy to Covvy, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)
6.4 Biggy to Covvy, That's gone high...really high...it's lost in the sky...will someone catch this? The fielders all come under it...someone has to take it...NOOOOOOO! It's been dropped! And the batsmen manage to come back for a third! (3)
6.5 Biggy to Amiya, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
6.6 Biggy to Amiya, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (3)

End of over 7
Manchester Divided 69/3 (RR : 9.86) Required RR(6.62)
Covvy 19 (6b)
Amiya 17 (9b)
Biggy 1-0-15-0

7.1 barmyarmy to Amiya, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
7.2 barmyarmy to Amiya, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
7.3 barmyarmy to Amiya, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)
7.4 barmyarmy to Amiya, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
7.5 barmyarmy to Amiya, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
7.6 barmyarmy to Covvy, Down the track and driven through midwicket. There is no fielder in the deep so Long On has to run around to field it, and so in the meanwhile the batsmen get three. Poor bowling but good placement. (3)

End of over 8
Manchester Divided 79/3 (RR : 9.88) Required RR(6.33)
Amiya 24 (14b)
Covvy 22 (7b)
barmyarmy 1-0-10-0

8.1 Hmarka to Covvy, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
8.2 Hmarka to Covvy, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
8.3 Hmarka to Amiya, That's a single. (1)
8.4 Hmarka to Covvy, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
8.5 Hmarka to Covvy, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
8.6 Hmarka to Covvy, Very well bowled. (0)

End of over 9
Manchester Divided 85/3 (RR : 9.44) Required RR(6.36)
Covvy 27 (12b)
Amiya 25 (15b)
Hmarka 1-0-6-0

9.1 Biggy to Amiya, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
9.2 Biggy to Covvy, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
9.3 Biggy to Amiya, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
9.4 Biggy to Amiya, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
9.5 Biggy to Amiya, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
9.6 Biggy to Covvy, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)

End of over 10
Manchester Divided 88/3 (RR : 8.8) Required RR(6.7)
Covvy 28 (14b)
Amiya 27 (19b)
Biggy 2-0-18-0

10.1 barmyarmy to Amiya, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
10.2 barmyarmy to Amiya, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
10.3 barmyarmy to Covvy, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
10.4 barmyarmy to Amiya, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
10.5 barmyarmy to Covvy, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
10.6 barmyarmy to Amiya, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)

End of over 11
Manchester Divided 92/3 (RR : 8.36) Required RR(7)
Amiya 29 (23b)
Covvy 30 (16b)
barmyarmy 2-0-14-0

11.1 Biggy to Covvy, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
11.2 Biggy to Covvy, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (1)
11.3 Biggy to Amiya, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
11.4 Biggy to Covvy, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)
11.5 Biggy to Covvy, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)
11.6 Biggy to Covvy, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)

End of over 12
Manchester Divided 103/3 (RR : 8.58) Required RR(6.5)
Amiya 30 (24b)
Covvy 40 (21b)
Biggy 3-0-29-0

12.1 Hmarka to Covvy, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
12.2 Hmarka to Amiya, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
12.3 Hmarka to Covvy, Very well bowled. (0)
12.4 Hmarka to Covvy, //First Twenty five lines, for No run. Don't exceed 25 lines. (0)
12.5 Hmarka to Covvy, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
12.6 Hmarka to Covvy, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)

End of over 13
Manchester Divided 107/3 (RR : 8.23) Required RR(6.86)
Covvy 43 (26b)
Amiya 31 (25b)
Hmarka 2-0-10-0

13.1 barmyarmy to Amiya, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
13.2 barmyarmy to Covvy, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
13.3 barmyarmy to Covvy, Good running, two runs. (2)
13.4 barmyarmy to Covvy, , No Ball. Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
13.4 barmyarmy to Amiya, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
13.5 barmyarmy to Amiya, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
13.6 barmyarmy to Amiya, That's a single. (1)

End of over 14
Manchester Divided 113/3 (RR : 8.07) Required RR(7)
Covvy 46 (29b)
Amiya 33 (29b)
barmyarmy 3-0-20-0

14.1 Hmarka to Amiya, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
14.2 Hmarka to Covvy, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
14.3 Hmarka to Covvy, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
14.4 Hmarka to Covvy, , No Ball. Very well bowled. (0)
14.4 Hmarka to Covvy, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
14.5 Hmarka to Covvy, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
14.6 Hmarka to Amiya, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)

End of over 15
Manchester Divided 122/3 (RR : 8.13) Required RR(6.6)
Amiya 36 (31b)
Covvy 51 (34b)
Hmarka 3-0-19-0

15.1 barmyarmy to Covvy, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
15.2 barmyarmy to Covvy, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
15.3 barmyarmy to Covvy, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
15.4 barmyarmy to Amiya, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
15.5 barmyarmy to Amiya, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
15.6 barmyarmy to Covvy, Gorgeous square drive, placed perfectly past point. There isn't a lot of power in the shot though, and third man cuts it off while the batsmen run hard for three. (3)

End of over 16
Manchester Divided 131/3 (RR : 8.19) Required RR(6)
Amiya 39 (33b)
Covvy 57 (38b)
barmyarmy 4-0-29-0

16.1 Biggy to Covvy, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
16.2 Biggy to Covvy, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
16.3 Biggy to Covvy, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
16.4 Biggy to Covvy, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
16.5 Biggy to Covvy, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
16.6 Biggy to Amiya, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)

End of over 17
Manchester Divided 133/3 (RR : 7.82) Required RR(7.33)
Covvy 58 (43b)
Amiya 40 (34b)
Biggy 4-0-31-0

17.1 Hmarka to Amiya, Great yorker, he's hit flush on the toe and is dead in front! In one ball he's lost his wicket and his pride, and has a broken toe to boot!

Amiya c Gary123 b Hmarka
Runs : 40 Balls : 35 S/R : 114.3

(0)
17.2 Hmarka to 07harrisb, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
17.3 Hmarka to 07harrisb, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)
17.4 Hmarka to 07harrisb, He's hit that high and hard...the fielder is coming underneath it...will he catch it? YES HE DOES! Out!!!

07harrisb c Highlander999 b Hmarka
Runs : 4 Balls : 3 S/R : 133.3

(0)
17.5 Hmarka to The Spin, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
17.6 Hmarka to The Spin, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)

End of over 18
Manchester Divided 141/5 (RR : 7.83) Required RR(7)
The Spin 4 (2b)
Covvy 58 (43b)
Hmarka 4-0-27-2

18.1 Bart King to Covvy, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
18.2 Bart King to Covvy, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
18.3 Bart King to The Spin, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
18.4 Bart King to The Spin, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
18.5 Bart King to Covvy, Excellent bowling, catches the batsman off-guard with a vicious bouncer! Unfortunately for the bowler, the batsmen top edges it over the head of the keeper for six! Tough luck son, maybe you'll get him next time. (6)
18.6 Bart King to Covvy, Good running, two runs. (2)

End of over 19
Manchester Divided 153/5 (RR : 8.05) Required RR(2)
Covvy 69 (47b)
The Spin 5 (4b)
Bart King 4-0-37-0

19.1 Malcolm Marshall to The Spin, That wasn't a bad ball, but the batsmen went at it with everything except the kitchen sink, and got enough on it to send it over the fence! 6 more! (6)

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 159
Wickets : 5
Overs : 19.1

And Man D have done it! In a thrilling, see-sawing runchase, the vistors pulled through and Dublin's problems deepen further. The innings started off with a blaze as KBC set off like a rocket. But King and Marshall struck quickly to remove KBC, Don and Viv. Amiya and Covvy wasted no time getting their eye in though, and after 10 overs Man D had blazed to 88/3 with just 67 runs needed to win. Hmarka, Barmyarmy and Biggy made sure the runs were stemmed, but Covvy and Amiya kept the required rate in check, not letting it exceed 7, by playing risk-free cricket. They eventually needed 22 runs from the final 3 overs, but that's when chaos broke out. Hmarka struck twice in his final over, removing Amiya and Harris, and conceding just 8 runs. 14 needed off two, and Bart King's first 4 deliveries had gone for just four runs. With 10 needed in 8 and Marshall set to bowl the next over, the pressure was on. But Covvy cleared the fence with a crucial hit, and picked 2 off the next ball, setting the equation as 6 runs from the final over. First ball, bowled by Marshall, and Chez has a mighty swing, sending the ball out of the ground and giving Man D a fantastic win!

Code:
Manchester Divided vs. Dublin Destroyers

Dublin Destroyers Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Simbazz                             lbw Whitehornmatt    6    5   1   0    120
Highlander999                       lbw Whitehornmatt    5    7   0   0  71.43
Offcutters                          lbw Whitehornmatt    0    1   0   0      0
Jack Hobbs                   c RoboRocks b Zorax Doom    4    3   0   0  133.3
Gary123                                       not out   66   53   8   0  124.5
Hooper                                b Whitehornmatt   63   51   7   0  123.5
Biggy                                         not out    1    1   0   0    100
Bart King                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
barmyarmy                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Malcolm Marshall                                  dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Hmarka                                            dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 155                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 7.75

Extras : 10    No Balls : 2       Wides : 4    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester Divided Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
07harrisb                            2.0           0      17           0    8.5
The Spin                             3.0           0      21           0      7
Zorax Doom                           4.0           0      35           1   8.75
RoboRocks                            4.0           0      26           0    6.5
Whitehornmatt                        3.5           0      31           4   8.09
Pak Cricketer                        3.0           0      21           0      7

Total: 155                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 7.75

Extras : 10    No Balls : 2       Wides : 4    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester Divided Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Don Tallon                       lbw Malcolm Marshall    6    9   1   0  66.67
KBC                                run out Jack Hobbs   18    8   1   2    225
Viv Richards                     lbw Malcolm Marshall    9   10   1   0     90
Amiya                              c Gary123 b Hmarka   40   35   2   1  114.3
Covvy                                         not out   69   47   4   2  146.8
07harrisb                    c Highlander999 b Hmarka    4    3   1   0  133.3
The Spin                                      not out   11    5   0   1    220
Zorax Doom                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
RoboRocks                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Whitehornmatt                                     dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Pak Cricketer                                     dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 159                       Overs: 19.1                    Run Rate: 8.368

Extras : 2    No Balls : 2       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Dublin Destroyers Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Biggy                                4.0           0      31           0   7.75
Bart King                            4.0           0      37           0   9.25
barmyarmy                            4.0           0      29           0   7.25
Malcolm Marshall                     3.1           0      35           2  11.05
Hmarka                               4.0           0      27           2   6.75

Total: 159                       Overs: 19.1                    Run Rate: 8.368

Extras : 2    No Balls : 2       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Manchester Divided vs. Dublin Destroyers

Dublin Destroyers - 155/5 in 20.0 overs. 
Manchester Divided - 159/5 in 19.1 overs. 

Manchester Divided wins the match by 5 wickets

Man of the Match - Whitehornmatt, for his 4-fer.

BTW - apologies for the commentary, I was messing the the comm. lines file and it threw things off. Fixed it now tho.

P

pcfan123

so basically Gary and Hooper almost faced 10 overs each to score 60 runs each. :facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread