Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Matches- SRT wins
Runs- SRT wins
Average- SRT wins
Centuries- SRT wins
Bowling- SRT wins

1)what does more matches have to do with Tendulkar being a better batsman than Lara?
2)Sachin has more runs because he has played more matches
3)Average, yup Tendulkar has him there
4)In 28 less matches Lara has 8 centuries less than Tendulkar, if Lara had played those 28 matches more who knows where he would be
5)What does bowling have to do with who the better batsman is??

So, SRT is not only the better batsmen, he takes some pressure off of his bowlers with his bowling and helps out his team even more than Lara.

Again bowling when we are talking about who the better batsman is? Did you read the thread.

One more thing, high scores don't matter. I ask, would you rather have a player in 1 match score a double century and a duck, or two centuries? I'll take the 2 centuries anyday.

High scores don't matter? I guess you would rather take a batsman that can score you 50-70 runs than one that can score 120-150.

Some of the points you brought up you should have just kept inside your head.
Im running out of facepalm pics.

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
1)what does more matches have to do with Tendulkar being a better batsman than Lara?
2)Sachin has more runs because he has played more matches
3)Average, yup Tendulkar has him there
4)In 28 less matches Lara has 8 centuries less than Tendulkar, if Lara had played those 28 matches more who knows where he would be
5)What does bowling have to do with who the better batsman is??

Again bowling when we are talking about who the better batsman is? Did you read the thread.

High scores don't matter? I guess you would rather take a batsman that can score you 50-70 runs than one that can score 120-150.

Some of the points you brought up you should have just kept inside your head.
Im running out of facepalm pics.

1. Longevity. SRT has been great and doing this for much longer.
2. Once again, longevity.
4. Woulda, coula, shoulda. It's all for naught.
5. You're right, I didn't read it completely, my bad. I was just making a point that SRT is the better overall player.

High scores don't matter.

I ask again, would you rather have your player, in one match, socre:

0 and 200
100 and 100

I'll take the 100 and 100.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
You need to turn your Sarcasm detector on.

lol

sarcasm.jpg

that sort of helps.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Ayo!

LOL i rep this man. You win the best member award right here.

^_^

WestIndian

vBookie Team
saisrini80; said:
How are you so sure that if Lara continued till now, he would be out of reach? He was quite old when he retired and there is no evidence to prove that he would be tough to beat for Tendulkar had he continued.

Tendulkar has been more consistent yet has displayed the flashes of brilliance quite often. Lara gave more chances to the bowlers than Tendulkar. Bowlers feared Tendulkar more than Lara (Sachin got more respect and was a prized wicket for long).

The thread title doesnt mention about "batsmen", so let me say that Tendulkar was more respected as a person than Lara (Lara comes very close but Sachin since he started in 89 has been considered close to perfect by opposition and other players in his own team, and also by the cricket watching public)

SACHIN TENDULKAR wins!

WOW spoken like a true Indian and Indian cricket fan:hpraise:clap

WestIndian added 3 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

aussie_ben91; said:
Lara made too many low scores, too often to be called the best. For example, he averaged 40 in Australia but made 2 double-hundreds and he scored two 350+ scores against England but only averaged 60.

Lara had some serious flaws in his technique and allot of bowlers had the wood over him throughout his career. It was only when he was well established at the crease that he was any good. Hence why Muralitharan & Warne struggled against him.

Tendulkar was the perfect batsman. Lara doesn't even get close, TBH.

WOW spoken like a true Australian and Australian cricket fan, you guys are the best in the world, and proving that even this moment in SA!!! ase----

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
WOW spoken like a true Australian and Australian cricket fan, you guys are the best in the world, and proving that even this moment in SA!!! ase----

you misunderstood him Rabs, he likes to speak about things he really doesn't know about.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Feelin Blue?; said:
Lara wasn't consistent enough, and was often vulnerable in his first 60 or so balls. If it was his day, it was his day (That was a lot mind you) but too often he couldn't score the tough runs.

Blue which Brian Lara are you talking about?? Could not score "the tough runs", man this is so much like you guys, if it's not from your backyard then its flaw, just when did West Indies play cricket during Lara's time that we did not have "tough runs" to score?? I wonder if you know what the hell you talking about, then again, that's what "free" speech is all about, on both sides :p. CAMF.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Dare; said:
you misunderstood him Rabs, he likes to speak about things he really doesn't know about.

Seriously Ben really gets to me, I try to avoid most of these thread, just that I don't have to response to free speech, opinions and honestly the bull---- that some of these guys comes out with. It's like they sit home and have nothing to jerk so they come and post some crap. They and their mother are expert on all things cricket, and on all nations and individuals.
I really gets ticked off at times with these experts, one say Lara could not score tough runs, I mean that guy must have been on Mars if he can type BS like this, just because it's free speech and his opinion!!
When these guys come and post their expert opinions, do some goddamn in depth research, get the facts and post something that can be respected and educate, he sits his little arse somewhere, prejudice by his national team and the rest is history.

WestIndian added 6 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

King Cricket; said:
Lara took charge of the side after Carl Hooper's retirement. And he was not really great. The fall of the great West Indian empire started from Lara's period.

I agree, he was not the best captain, but son what are you talking about, when you say the fall was during Lara period!! Then I guess you know nothing of Desmond Haynes, Gordon G, Patrick Patterson, man why go on, you know nothing of West Indies cricket nor it rise and fall. Stop speaking to the thing you know nothing of man, opinion or no opinion!!!

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
lol that's why you ignore them as much as you can. There was a dude in here that called Lara selfish. Anyone that says that Lara had "huge" flaws in his batting and that Malcolm Marshall is a like a medium pace bowler should not be taken seriously or responded to much.

fisch

Club Cricketer
people ripping on the guy that Murali said is the hardest to bowl to.

Exactly. Murali said that Tendulkar relied more on the sweep, whereas Lara had better footwork.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
rockyrakster; said:
Sachn is better of course.For me Lara was a bit selfish
eg:400 not out was selfish knock
Most will agree

Yeah it sure was, I mean it's ok for your God of cricket to play till he dies no matter how much talent is sitting around and waiting, and you call scoring 400 not out in a match that was destine to draw selfish. You are so amazing, are you Indian by any chance??? Just curious.

fisch

Club Cricketer
I am dismayed by the poll results. Looks like we're fighting a losing battle. Dare, Rabs....vote now!!!:cool:

I've been to the odd forum where they voted Lara over Tendulkar with an overwhelming majority, citing Lara as a better player under pressure situations and in big matches. So I am quite surprised by the poll, but maybe Chennai has changed all of that.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
well even tho I respect the views of some of the Indian members the huge number of them insures that Sachin wins in any poll because the majority of them haven't seen much of Lara and they have a clear preference and bias towards Tendulkar.

I rate them as equals and I put Ponting in there. Of course one guy had something over the other but its really hard to separate them.
I wish the Poll had option equal, I would have voted that.

Users who are viewing this thread