Sadbhavana series

R

ricky123

Khorakiwala said his organisation was trying to promote harmony by having India and Pakistan stars playing together against World XI at four venues worldwide -- Old Trafford (Manchester), Gadaffi Stadium (Lahore), Eden Gardens (Kolkata) and Brabourne (Mumbai). But he said they were yet to get the green signal from the Board of Control for Cricket in India and the International Cricket Council.

The CCBT was formed after the 1993 riots to defuse communal tension. The work of the mohalla committees formed by it has come in for praise from the police with former commissioner M N Singh being part of the panel. He too has pitched for the proposed series. Sports minister Sunil Dutt, has in a message, supported the event and Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray has not said ?no' to the Pakistanis playing in the city.

??We are confident that the respective boards will give the green signal as we want to have the matches either in September this year after the ICC Champions trophy or January next when all players will be free from international commitments,'' said Sanjay Jha of 9 Yards Sports and Entertainment, who are helping CCBT to organise the game.

Code:
The list of proposed players: 

Rest of the World Eleven: Adam Gilchrist, Brett Lee, Shane Warne, Ricky Ponting (all from Australia), Jacques Kallis, Herchelle Gibbs, Mkhaya Ntini (all from South Africa), Stephen Fleming and Nathan Astle (both from New Zealand), Heath Streak of Zimbabwe, Sanath Jayasuriya and Chaminda Vaas (both from Sri Lanka), Brian Lara and Mervin Dhillon (both from West Indies). 

Indo-Pak XI: Inzamam-ul Haq, Shoaib Akhtar, Moin Khan, Yousuf Youhana, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammed Sami and Saqlain Mustaq (all from Pakistan), Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Sourav Ganguly, Zaheer Khan, Anil Kumble, Virender Sehwag and Harbhajan Singh
SOURCE : times of india

do u think this matches should take place ,and will the icc allow this

H

hassan1823

i think this series should happen because i like all the stars playing together as a team and i wish ICC allows it
IT WOULD BE GREAT :thumbs:

Users who are viewing this thread