Save Game Options: I can't be the only one that wants this feature..

Save Game options in DBC should include:

• Total voters

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Sorry, I don't get your point. The current option does allow you to save/exit and return, which according to you is cheating. You said you are tempted to do this but find it unsatisfactory to get a big score this way. So do you do it or not?
I don't. My point is that if there was an easy way to do it that would take less than 5 seconds, people, such as myself, would do it. It takes too long to save and exit for most people to be bothered about doing it all the time now though.

yusuf3d

School Cricketer
I agree it should be there, the people who want it tough can ignore this option and not use it. The options should be of users comfort not developer's desire.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Despite my current save crash issues, I like the save and exit only feature. Even though I feel unsatisfied scoring a hundred after saving and exiting 7 times, I'd still do it, as the temptation is there. I'm glad Big Ant have done this, as I now feel as if I deserve every run and wicket, and will soldier on if things aren't going well

Despite my save issues I agree with this completely. Good post China!

Why are you exiting so much that the time it takes bothers you? If its to stop playing, why would it bother you, and if its because you play only T5 or the like, play longer matches!

I think with an option in game to just save, people will just cheat and then brag that they got 100 and that will just be annoying for all PC members.

I wish FM had a save and exit only option.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Neither, as when i'm saving the game that normally means that I've had enough of playing and wish to exit the game.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
one thing it does need though is when you "sim to player" it stops at a screen that requires advancement and doesn't just start your go when batting. It's a boring game at points, and if I need to go to the toilet or make a cup of tea it would be nice to be able to sim it then come back and find myself just ready to have my go.

+1. I fell foul of this a couple of times. :)

Jadel

Club Captain
SO you mean everyone should be forced to play with pro cam on veteran difficulty.

I think he means they shouldn't implement everyone's stupid ideas.

Otherwise we end up with "The Homer"

yusuf3d

School Cricketer
I think he means they shouldn't implement everyone's stupid ideas.

Otherwise we end up with "The Homer"
saving without exit is the most basic option in all the games, so how can this be stupid.

Jadel

Club Captain
Well it seems like a lot of people here don't want it.

Also the only only other sports game i play is fifa and that doesn't have it

What are all the sports games that include this most basic function?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why is it stupid? Because it's totally unecessecary and opens up tonnes of exploits in just about all the game modes. Save and exit is just fine, there's other more important things to tweak, saving a game isn't one of them.

Last edited:

yusuf3d

School Cricketer
Well it seems like a lot of people here don't want it.

What are all the sports games that include this most basic function?
i said games not sport games and relax don't increase your blood pressure, i always play a full match in one go without saving but its not fair to declare someone stupid if he wants it.:cheers

CallyT

School Cricketer
I love how it is.

I really hope they never change it and I sincerely hope they never add a fielding radar.

Just leave it as it is.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Indeed in a career mode match on FIFA 14 - there's not even save and exit - once the match starts you need to finish it or simulate it out to conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread