Season 2012-13 predictions

Regardless, while Mata is on his break at the start of the season, Hazard will have his chance at number 10. He'd better take it. I rate Mata extremely highly though and doubt Hazard will get much of a look in in his preferred role. Still, as you say, a solid squad with rotation is how you excel.

Overall though, due to the fact that Aguero is the best striker in the league and Nasri is incredibly average, he would've had a much clearer space to fill in the team for me, in an area where he could provide assists and goals. With Torres, it could be just goals he can provide. So I surely wouldn't have put him in the flop of the season section if he went to City, I would've maybe even put him in the top signing section. He will have lack of confidence in Torres for sure seeing how he has been recently, and rightfully so, meaning he will have to be more of an individual than he usually would be as he can't rely on Torres to finish off the chances he creates.

Even if you are buying him for the future, at a price like 32 m, he needs to have a substantial immediate impact also. The price is important when judging the success of a signing. Demba Ba is seen as an amazing signing because he was free, but if he cost 20 m I'm sure not a single person would say that. Likewise, Carroll and Torres are seen as complete failures as well due to their price, had they been signed for 25 m less each, people would consider both decent signings, and not some of the worst transfers of the last two seasons. Putting this into consideration, that is why so many people have predicted Kagawa to be the best signing, as a player like him was bought for arguably a little more than half his market value, and he is genuine quality in a league better than the one Hazard was playing in. Plus he'll rake in money from merchandise in Asia, meaning he was signed for much less than that as well. Oustanding business.

Chelsea should sell Torres now and cut their losses. Get Cavani, Falcao or Llorente and be done with it. All will be incredibly overpriced, but Abramovich doesn't mind playing FM and all will hit the ground running. That striker alone plus a good RB is a clear title winning team this season or next season. It may still happen, I admire how Chelsea can be linked with a player and then sign that player two days later. For us, it takes weeks, sometimes even seasons with players like M'Vila.

Sturridge is a decent backup, so is Lukaku. Sturridge just needs to get rid of his selfishness on the ball, and he'll be much better. One day I'm sure he can be a very good player.

Last edited:
Sturridge hardly looks good as the main striker. Needs a lot of improvement before he is called even a good player.

Chelsea fans must be wishing that Borini was here.

Sturridge is like a bit of a case Henry was. Playing him on the right didn't work so I don't see why he should not get games as a CST.

Even if you are buying him for the future, at a price like 32 m, he needs to have a substantial immediate impact also. The price is important when judging the success of a signing.

Of course we would expect an impact from Hazard but we are realistic enough to realize that he's only 21 and it will be his first season in English football. Only the fools in the English media and bunch of sour grapes are expecting silly things from him just because of his price tag.

Chelsea should sell Torres now and cut their losses. Get Cavani, Falcao or Llorente and be done with it. All will be incredibly overpriced, but Abramovich doesn't mind playing FM and all will hit the ground running. That striker alone plus a good RB is a clear title winning team this season or next season. It may still happen, I admire how Chelsea can be linked with a player and then sign that player two days later. For us, it takes weeks, sometimes even seasons with players like M'Vila.

Would have sold Torres off if it was down to me. He's too mentally fragile these days and would rather have someone like Falcao, who is a much more all rounder of a striker than Torres is. Having said that, we know selling him is not gonna happen as Roman clearly loves him. Hence for our sake, hoping that he bring his A-game next season. Otherwise, we would be screwed!

Sturridge is a decent backup, so is Lukaku. Sturridge just needs to get rid of his selfishness on the ball, and he'll be much better. One day I'm sure he can be a very good player.

Sturridge still has a lot to improve on. As you said, getting rid of his selfishness and tendency to shoot at first sight of goal from ridiculous angles especially would be a good start. As for Lukaku, he is still raw judging from his displays in pre-season so far. His touch is very poor at times and his link up play is average. Likely to go out on loan next season, as I said before.

That is why we still need another striker. IF we go into next season with just Torres, Sturridge and Lukaku, then we are doomed. IF Torres gets injured, suspended, out of form or needs to be rested, then we'll have massive problems!

Sturridge is a good third choice, he was good at the start of last season.

Haven't seen the pre-season games, meaning I've barely ever seen Lukaku in a Chelsea shirt:p. A loan would be good then.

On Hazard well, by that same card then no young player can be considered a poor signing. You telling me Henderson was an exceptional signing because he was bought for the future? When judging a worst signing, all you have to take into account is the impact you think the player can have in the league, and whether or not it was a bargain. As I said, Demba Ba is considered one of the best signings of the previous season due to his fee alone, if he was 12 m he would've been just a good signing.

Lukaku is loaned out to Fulham so that puts Sturridge back into the race. But it would be interesting if he'll stay at Chelsea with City and Spurs in the picture. If he does then it's probably only if he gets his way to play as the central striker.

He has the charm to be a fan favourite but if RDM allows him his preferred role and playing time is to be seen.

I expect a 2nd/3rd place finish for Chelsea, not sure about City running for the top again but you never know. Not many new champs have defended their title over in the recent past.

He would be an idiot to go to City. No way he is getting past any of Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez, RVP or Balotelli. He left them for a reason.

Where have you heard Lukaku is going to Fulham? Not confirmed yet. Fulham's attacking options looking real weak right now.

I doubt Chelsea can finish 2nd or 3rd, they haven't improved that much even with the signing of Oscar, though they will finish 4th at least. As it stands, with such a gaping hole in their team at centre forward, things don't look great. I wasn't convinced by their CL performance that what they showed there can help them to greatly improve their league position.

Chelsea did defend their first title:p. By a good margin too.

I'm quite surprised at the number of people who have Utd winning the league - I'm sure City will do some big spending sooner or later.

Liga BBVA

1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Athletic Bilbao
4. Valencia

5. Sevilla
6. Atletico Madrid

Spanish Super Cup Real Madrid
Copa del Rey Sevilla

Serie A

1. Inter Milan
2. Juventus
3. AC Milan

4. Napoli
5. Fiorentina

Super Coppa Nazionale Juventus
Coppa Nazionale Udinese

Barclays Premier League

1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
4. Liverpool

5. Arsenal
6. Tottenham Hotspur

FA Cup Everton
Capital One Cup
Chelsea
Community Shield Manchester City

Ligue 1 PSG
Bundesliga Borussia Dortmund
BWIN Liga Benfica
Eredivisie PSV Eindhoven

UEFA Super Cup Atletico Madrid
UEFA Champion League Real Madrid
UEFA Europa League Athletic Bilbao

Overachievers Athletic Bilbao
Underachievers Bayern Munich

Manager of the Season Marcelo Bielsa
Player of the Season Mesut Oezil
Top Goalscorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Most Cleansheets Iker Casillas
Best Signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Worst Signing Luka Modric (assuming he moves to wherever)
Best Young player Iker Muniain

I don't think we'll spend as much as City will. :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

Your summer spending is already near 20 m, your spending will blow City's out of the water in all likeliness and also rival Chelsea's.

This is just ridiculous:rolleyes. Instead of buying every bloody first team player like City, why not actually use a younger player or buying a less known player who doesn't cost the Earth. You have two ancient midfielders, Welbeck, Evans and Evra who were either brought in for cheapish or were Man Utd youths. You aren't even happy with Welbeck seemingly. City have Kompany, Hart and Richards, and also when they buy a player for 30 m, they don't just stick him on the bench to rot and play two average strikers in front of him.

You are the same as City and Chelsea. Admit it.

Completely agree with you. United fans need to get a reality check.

Oh please, not the City v United battle again wrt spending....

What I didn't know until yesterday though was that Carrick, Anderson and Bebe together cost United 41m pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread