Should I buy DBC 17

Ned_Flanders

School Cricketer
So I have played a lot of DBC 14 (touch shy of 300 hours according to steam). But, the game has major issues. Game play - awesome, stuff it up as a batsman, thanks for coming, sloppy ball, well that's four runs (if you're lucky). However, playing a career there is the bugbear of simulation for well lets face it all forms of the game, however this is most revealing in limited over formats. Bat second - your team will loose (barring a freakish display of batting from the player (apparently 3 runs an over is just too hard to achieve in simulation). The question then becomes, why should I buy the new one, when the old one is still broken (I will not buy a new game because it fixes what was broken in the old one, that's the EA place and no thanks comes to mind).
Don't get me wrong I think DBC 14 is a very good game - a very very good game (hell I am picking at simulation issues). But I will not buy a game because it fixes what should have been patched out in the original.

Love to hear some opinions on this.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I will not buy a game because it fixes what should have been patched out in the original.

Aren't you answering your own question here?

The concept of paying for an improved product is hardly a point of discussion. You got multiple patches free of charge. As a business, Big Ant have to make money somehow.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You don't feel much has been improved upon? Fine. Don't buy it. Simple as that.

There's no point making a convincing post if you can't see it.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
You invested 300 hours in to a 'broken game', I don't think the idea of forking out for a new version that is improved/less broken is that crazy.

Ned_Flanders

School Cricketer
I never said the game as a whole was broken (read the op). I said the simulation was broken. I would be very surprised if anyone who had put significant time in to career mode would not find that to be the case. Playing as an opener glosses over the cracks. Playing as a lower order batsman they glow in the dark. I am not attacking the game, it is the best cricket game we have ever had, but I would be remiss if I didn't point out that it has major flaws that have not been addressed, and that this needs to be taken into consideration re DBC 17

Crossy333

County Cricketer
If you payed absolute full price $99 then that has cost you less than $3 and hour on a broken game? huh...

Sure it had flaws. But from release to now. so many of those flaws have been fixed. The biggest issue I had was a lack of depth to career... although I am still playing it. Still loving the game.

Big Ant are a company that listens to feedback. Just watch Twisties career video for how much depth has been added.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Semantics aside, seems as though you don't want to have to pay for another version, irrespective of additions or improvements.

So I'm not sure what there is to discuss.

BRAB

International Coach
You could make your own decisions like an adult.

If you think a game has to be literally perfect to buy it's sequel then you'll be waiting a long time to buy a new game.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
If you're unsure, just wait and see. To a man we're all probably going to buy it so I don't really understand what you're hoping to achieve by asking us.

Like rocking up at a steakhouse and asking for the nut roast.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So I have played a lot of DBC 14 (touch shy of 300 hours according to steam). But, the game has major issues. Game play - awesome, stuff it up as a batsman, thanks for coming, sloppy ball, well that's four runs (if you're lucky). However, playing a career there is the bugbear of simulation for well lets face it all forms of the game, however this is most revealing in limited over formats. Bat second - your team will loose (barring a freakish display of batting from the player (apparently 3 runs an over is just too hard to achieve in simulation). The question then becomes, why should I buy the new one, when the old one is still broken (I will not buy a new game because it fixes what was broken in the old one, that's the EA place and no thanks comes to mind).
Don't get me wrong I think DBC 14 is a very good game - a very very good game (hell I am picking at simulation issues). But I will not buy a game because it fixes what should have been patched out in the original.

Love to hear some opinions on this.
Are you a cricket fan?
I this the only cricket game in the market right now?
Do you want more than what DBC 14 offers?

If you answered yes to these, VOILA! There you go.

For me, this is worth it and I did not even have to answer those. I will support @BigAntStudios for the effort they have, are and will be putting into their cricket games.

if u buy or not but i will i hav seen and watch all the videso .. bigant hav done great job with evrything .. do support them please .. nothing is perfect .. we should pay for their hard work ..at least somone is making cricket game .. and giving their best ..

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There are enough new features in the game such that no one could label them bug fixes.

Shareable Stadia, logos, etc. almost unheard of transportability between console platforms and PC.

D1sruption

Club Cricketer
There are enough new features in the game such that no one could label them bug fixes.

Shareable Stadia, logos, etc. almost unheard of transportability between console platforms and PC.
^this right here i love my pc but i prefer to console these days, and having the ability this time round to have all the cool logos/stadia/ bats! kits! on console just WOW! i cant thank big ant enough, this is comming form someone who had DBC14 on xbox360 And pc never got for the ps4 cause of mods on pc.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
You got multiple patches free of charge. As a business, Big Ant have to make money somehow.

I disagree with this point. If you release a game thats not 100%, these 'multiple patches free of charge' isn't a gift...its fixing something that was broken AND SOLD to begin with. Not to say that BA hasn't done a fantastic job of trouble shooting, etc but thats the problem with the whole industry right now...'lets get it 80% there, promise the world and release it...get the money in, then release the balance 20% and fixes as 'look what we did for you'. Now I'm not aiming this at BA - this is more a gripe about the whole industry with games being rushed out unfinished. Why is it then we have huge Day 1 patches??

Yes I know its a business, and one that we all support and benefit from. But we also shouldn't pay full price for something that isn't finished and then be thankful for 'free patches' when it really should have been in the game to begin with. Take off your developer hat, and put on your average gamer/customer/consumer hat and you'll see what i mean.

Users who are viewing this thread