Should Michael Hussey Be Dropped?

Should Michael Hussey Be Dropped From The Test Side?

• Total voters

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
As everybody knows Michael Hussey has come under some pressure to perform. In the second innings he scored 60 odd runs but is this enough to keep his spot for the next test?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I'm bias towards Hughes so obviously the 1st option is my go. But he won't be dropped after his 60 odd last night.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Who can you bring in in his place?

woodzy

Club Cricketer
After the first innings I would have said yes. The problem with Hussey is that he is getting his off stumped knocked over quite alot, trying to leave a ball. No when that happens frequently it means you dont know where your off stump is and that is a major, major problem. I dont think he has 'lost it' or anything like that, hes just going through a really bad form slump. The man has succeeded in England before, plundering attacks in county cricket, so he knows the conditions. Given his performance in the second innings, I think hes bought himself another test match, however the axe is still hovering above his neck and he needs a score in the next test if he wants to be playing in the 5th test.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
He has a knack for making 50s lately but going on is his big problem. He either loses concentration or fails to keep out a good ball. In his prime he was able to leave balls outside his zone for days and keep out the good balls. The great balls were what was needed to get him out.

OffCutters

International Coach
I doubt he`ll be dropped after the 60 odd he got yesterday. But i would drop him, he needs to get his act together. I`d bring Hughes in, and drop Watson to 6. I dont think Mike Hussey is going to last long, he could be gone next year.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Watson would be best at 4 or 5 since hes in the side to bowl. If Hussey stays in the team he probably would be better off dropping down to 6 and getting either Clarke or North up to 4.

Inbox24

Club Cricketer
No, I don't think so, despite being out of form, his style of play favours him grinding out runs no matter what. Unless the selectors are willing to include either his brother or Hodge in the team, there's really no one who's not injured who's actually capable of filling the middle order.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not at all after his second innings.He should be in team for sure he played with class in second innings of third test.

Users who are viewing this thread