Should Shoaib Akhtar Stay in the Team?

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Shailesh said:
shut up shahid..many people are jealous of shoaib I think.
I would LOVE to have a fit and energetic Shoaib Akhtar in the Pakistan team as long as he plays for the team and not just for himself. Answer one thing Shailesh. In his current condition and with his current attitude, if he is eligible to play for India, will you take him?

T20

Panel of Selectors
chill man I'm just having some fun :p obviously an injured fast bowler is not of much help. but surely many would love to see a fit Shoaib back to his full flow.

scorpion_rulezz

Club Cricketer
shahid6995 said:
I would LOVE to have a fit and energetic Shoaib Akhtar in the Pakistan team as long as he plays for the team and not just for himself...
it cud be dream come true for the whole Pakistan Team but no one can see tht kind of Shoaib Akhtar i think..He is a match winner no doubt about tht every team wud desire a bowler like him in their line up but his attitude sucks :mad dont know wht he think of himself probably Pakistan Team's 'SUPERMAN' lolz :p

ALIZAR

School Cricketer
shoib is a reall good bolwer but he thinks he is all that... so i think it's a good thing that he was not picked. he will learn his lesson and will come back and make a strong comeback and than he will never say pak is nothing with out him..

DoN

School Cricketer
Shoaib Akhtar can make a strong comeback he should have learnt his lesson Selectors have done the right thing not to include him just to decrease his attitude a little bit

taimurasad

Club Cricketer
shahid6995 said:
I would LOVE to have a fit and energetic Shoaib Akhtar in the Pakistan team as long as he plays for the team and not just for himself.

What makes u call him playing for himself & not for team. Do u have any proofs?? Look at his record he has performed brilliantly over the years. He was last seen on international scene bowling in Tests against World Champions in their own backyard & he bowled vry well until an injury came by. Injuries r part of cricket & every bowler falls victim to it maybe he gets it too often but as he is the fastest so one can excuse him for having a little more then other bowlers.
I think we(the media) r problem & not Shoaib Akhtar. Eversince his arrival in cricket the world is after him calling him a chucker & putting up question marks on his bowling action because they could not stand watching the JET flyby. Once his action got cleared(twice) then people were after his attitude,selfishness & making scandals(the one in Aus tour 05) against him.
When it comes to attitude, there is no denying the fact that aussie bowlers(Warne,Mcgrath,Dennis Lillie etc.) r worst in this case. There is hardly any scene of Akhtar being involved in any sort of bad on field action(there might be 1 though). As far as off the field is concerened it is the inzi who is the problem & not Akhtar. If Akhtar wants to go to clubs etc he can go & no one has right to stop him but inzi's nature and his little more religious approach does not like Akhtar going to placing like clubs etc.

Today in Subcontinent. There r two major players under firing line one is Ganguly & other is Akhtar both for different reasons. On one hand there is quite a bit support for Ganguly from major players around the world & on the other hand there is none for Akhtar. Do u know why? Ans is.(Jealousy)

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
How come Akthar never tells a youngster what to bowl . he is a senior, he should be a good role model for the youngsters. but theres no doubt that Akhtar is a good bowler. I want him in thte team but only if he plays sencibly

dayne

Club Cricketer
define "plays sensibly". the way he plays isn't? i agree with you taimurasad with all the jealousy, and using some of the australian bowlers in contrast makes a valid point.

DeLonge182

Club Cricketer
I dont think he deserves to be in the team........but i cant see PAK getting results in the long term without him, He needs to sort his attitude out (along with the rest of the PAK side)

Gov

School Cricketer
Shoib is a good bowler, but he feels that the PAK team evolves around him, he needs to buckle up his ideas if he wants another chance, but assesing the situation he will be back, and no lessons would have been learnt!!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
DeLonge182 said:
I dont think he deserves to be in the team........but i cant see PAK getting results in the long term without him, He needs to sort his attitude out (along with the rest of the PAK side)
The rest of the Pakistan team does not have any attitude problems. In fact, it is the attitude of players like Naved-ul-Hasan and Younis Khan that has shaped the teams. Inzamam's captaincy was right on the dot in this series, for the most part. I think Pakistan's whole positive outlook following Shoaib Akhtar's drop has taken a huge swing upwards.

Last edited:

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
sohummisra said:
The rest of the Pakistan does not have any attitude problems. In fact, it is the attitude of players like Naved-ul-Hasan and Younis Khan that has shaped the teams. Inzamam's captaincy was right on the dot in this series, for the most part. I think Pakistan's whole positive outlook following Shoaib Akhtar's drop has taken a huge swing upwards.
Thankyou. I had a problem with DeLonge's blanket condemnation of the whole Pakistan team like that too, but didnt want to sound like I was just blabbering. He did not really explain what he meant by that statement.

Users who are viewing this thread