Six boards reject John Howard for ICC role

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
It's not like the ICC disagreed. At the time the comment was made, Murali was banned from bowling the doosra. I just think it's an utterly petty reason to hide behind and I'm amazed that people are really still butthurt about it. I'm pretty sure even Murali is over it. At least it was an indication that he paid attention to the sport. Come to think of it, that might have disqualified him for a job of any kind at the ICC.
Look, the point isn't whether he was right or wrong. It wasn't whether Murali is over it or not. People didn't outvote his nomination because he said that about Murali--they outvoted him because he's shown that he's likely to make stupid comments like that in the public, which can potentially segregate the ICC. Everyone EXCEPT Australia, England and New Zealand agree with that. If these three countries want to form their own breakaway organization with Howard at the helm, they can go for it, but cricket will lose.

Prime stupidity - this was written a few days after the incident

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I wish a former player would be ICC president. Hate it when people who never played the game at any proper level are making decisions about this wonderful sport or any sport.

I would even tolerate a cricket journalist being ICC president. :facepalm

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Just heard through Indian Media that After rejection of Asian nations the Aussie media called the Pakistan Board and Cricketing affairs as scoundrels

Rohit Doshi added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

That's the main reason why Howard was not selected!!! :facepalm

People clearly know he had blackmailed the Zimbabwean Board for a bilateral and then England Australia going against the Hosting of World Cup in 96 in Asian Sub Continent!!

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
That was very kind of Murali. :)

Did Howard apologise for running his big mouth? ;)

That is what is called an Asian Heart :sarcasm

We have seen what have happened to Indian's in Australia and yet no proper Action taken :doh

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
We have seen what have happened to Indian's in Australia and yet no proper Action taken
If you're talking about the so called 'racist attacks' don't let the media reports blur your idea of what is actually happening. If you're talking about the Sydney test then that has nothing to do with this.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
I was nit talking about Sydney test at all, as the world by now knows how the Aussie did that time and that started their downfall some how.

But leaving that thing apart, The countries like South Africa,Zimbabwe,India,Pakistan,Srilanka,Bangladesh have rejected John Howard due to the amount of racist activities he did during his term of Presidency in Australia.

Pawar will not back down and ICC should handle this issue well but they have failed so far.

How come a countries president and prime minister come and interfere in ICC's matter as what the NZ & AUS PM and President have done.

If this continues then I see the World Cricket Divided. World War 3 (War Of Cricketing Nations :D) (This line is just a joke :p)

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Then what are you saying has happened to Indians in Australia? Which of John Howard's racist remarks are you talking about?

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
He said that Howard's snub was ridiculous or something along those lines.

War

Chairman of Selectors
This entire farcial episode is just another in the line of long examples why the ICC needs to revamped into an independent body, free from individual countries boards. :facepalm

sjdigitall

Club Captain
John Howard should not get the job he has no cricketing admin experience at all. I dont know why anyone hasnt brought up James Sunderland. He is a very well spoken man and looks to have a good cricketing knowledge, he would be my first pick for ICC President, he would definitely be better than Sharad Pawar who talks worse than Sylvester Stallone. I cant understand a word of what Pawar says at press conferences. Oh and he looks corrupt as ████ as well:laugh

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
No problems with his nomination. In fact, I hadn't even heard of him before. :p

But he seems to bring a financial background, which would be very useful given the current state of affairs where T20 commands the big bucks. It's also useful since cricket is as wealthy a sport now as it has ever been and I don't think the ICC knows how to deal with it. I'm thinking salary caps, etc.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
So it's now official - Alan Isaac will be the next ICC president:
ICC news: Alan Isaac approved as ICC vice-president | Cricket News | Cricinfo ICC Site | Cricinfo.com

And it's also official now that the ICC hates Australia...:p

As an aside, do you know how long it's been since Australia and NZ have hosted a major ICC tournament? Early 1992 was their last tournament and there won't be anything here until 2015! In that time there's been events everywhere else - multiple times:
England (3) - '99 World Cup, '04 Champions Trophy, '09 T20 World Cup
South Africa (3) - '03 World Cup, '07 T20 World Cup, '09 Champions Trophy, even the fricken IPL...
West Indies (2) - '07 World Cup, '10 T20 World Cup
Asia (7) - '96 World Cup, '98 Champions Trophy, '02 Champions Trophy, '06 Champions Trophy, '11 World Cup, '12 T20 World Cup, '14 T20 World Cup
Kenya?? (1) - '00 Champions Trophy

The only thing we've hosted was the World XI matches - and that's because we EARNED it!!

It's ridiculous really. Australia and NZ are 2 of the world's safest countries so we could have avoided the security problems that have plagued quite a few of the above tournaments. They also have proper sized cricket grounds (mostly) and competitive pitches. Yet we can't get a tournament :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread