{SLC} Emerald Cricket League 2023

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys. I will set up everything up but have two problems.

1. The no. of teams. I am not sure about how to go with these. Five teams seem to short. I would be willing to go upto 8 but then the problem arises regarding the distribution of teams. Would you people be fine to name your own franchises (doesn't have to be original) along with stadium and its pitch conditions?
Can some mod add help me in adding a poll to this thread?

2. And as for pitch conditions, should I allow teams to pick their own for their respect stadiums like @Na Maloom Afraad did in the IODC or should I have fixed pitch conditions for the ground, like @VC the slogger does in his leagues.

Just need answers for these two questions. You can reply to me in my DMs. Don't post here yet as I may need few more posts on the front page.

Posting because we’re on to the second page now.

I think five teams is too small for the SL talent pool. I tried a hypothetical cricket world where each player could play for only one club team with most of them sticking to the sides they represent in reality and amongst all the league teams I thought the Lankan ones were the second best because they had only five sides to cram local players into (this was also with Kusal Mendis, Dilshan Madushanka, Akila Dananjaya and Kellepotha not playing for any Sri Lankan side). I also had only a maximum of two overseas players per side and only one of them fulfilled it with four others having one overseas player only. I believe you can safely add a sixth side without losing too much of quality if you’re going for four overseas players per XI like usual or even five overseas players per squad with no restrictions like the Irish league.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Do whatever you want mate but reserve a team for me :p

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
Alright everyone. Thanks for your comments. I am going with 8 teams but if I don't get enough signups it will be 6.

If you won't be too active, then get a co-manager.
@Umair7 and @Neo 7 have already booked two teams.

Just fill this form and I will need a logo. And unlike last time, I would prefer if the logo was serious and not 250 pixels Nokia quality and square in dimensions otherwise it becomes tough to put the logos side-by-side and not one of them looking a big larger. I would suggest to just pick some already existing franchise.

Code:
Team name:
Stadium: *if your team is going to be based on Colombo, pick a ground in Colombo
Pitch type:

Types of pitches available

:bwl::down: Damp/Sticky - Massively in favor of bowlers and an absolute nightmare to bat on, unless you're Victor Trumper.
:left::right: Dusty - Plenty of turn on offer for spinners and a good place to bat for spin-savvy batsmen. Good pace bowlers are still likely to thrive.
:ar::up: Evenly balanced - Provides an evenly balanced contest for all disciplines.
:bat::left: Flat - A batsman-friendly pitch which provides little or no assistance to bowlers. Expect big totals.
:bwl::up: Green - A lot of movement on offer early on, which makes it ideal for bowlers capable of swinging the ball. Batting expected to become easier as the match progresses.
:ar::left: Hard - Ideal conditions for batting. Good deal of bounce on offer for fast bowlers as well. Could go either way
:right::left: Dry/Slow - Ideal for slow and spin bowlers as the name suggests. Sometimes quite difficult to bat on.
:down::down: Poor - Uneven bounce and a huge amount of turn on offer for spinners. Expect a slow hard grind where most batsmen rarely score at above 2 an over.

@Disharies @Till Valhalla @TSPrathik @Na Maloom Afraad @Pinch hitter @RUDI @pillowprocter @Yash. @VC the slogger @CerealKiller @Verified Enigma @Aravind. @ahmedleo414 @Umair7 @mohsin7827 @Bevab @Aislabie @ABDULLAH @Gaurav_7 @Life Warrior @Neptune

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
Team name: Galle Gladiators
Stadium: Galle International Stadium
Pitch type: :ar::up: Evenly balanced
Logo: Use their logo

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Will only join as someone's co-manager

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Team name: Royal Challengers Dambulla (RCD)
Stadium: Rangiri Dambulla International Cricket Stadium
Pitch type: :left::right: Dusty

Royal Challengers Dambulla.png

Last edited:

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Code:
Team name: Colombo Cackling Cookies
Stadium: Singhalese Sports Club
Pitch type: Damp/Sticky

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Just realized I need to submit a logo — would you like it with longer height or longer width?

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
Just realized I need to submit a logo — would you like it with longer height or longer width?
Longer height. Just make sure it isn't too long. It should be as square as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread