Smashtastic Cricket : Beastmode Edition

miniBos

School Cricketer
Hi all,

I've finally got around to making a sequel to my original Smashtastic Cricket : World Cup Hero.

It's firstly being launched on iOS and can be found here @
Smashtastic Cricket on the App Store

Android@
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.miniboss.monsterz

I've completely reworked the batting engine and it's pretty sweet now, the physics and movement of the batter are a lot better. There's 4 tournaments to play in Big Smash, Champions League, Cricket World Series and World Cup. You get to decide where you want to spend your stat points across Hitting, Power, Fitness and Spirit.

Please post any feedback!

Last edited:

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
Hi all,

I've finally got around to making a sequel to my original Smashtastic Cricket : World Cup Hero.

It's firstly being launched on iOS and can be found here @
Smashtastic Cricket on the App Store

(Android and PC to follow)

I've completely reworked the batting engine and it's pretty sweet now, the physics and movement of the batter are a lot better. There's 4 tournaments to play in Big Smash, Champions League, Cricket World Series and World Cup. You get to decide where you want to spend your stat points across Hitting, Power, Fitness and Spirit.

Please post any feedback!

Release for pc please :)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Played the game, fantastic. Thanks :)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers

miniBos

School Cricketer
If they are send together for review but mostly developers launch apps on I Phone then on Android.

Yeah just a little bit easier (i think so anyway) to release on iOS intially as you only have to deal with 2 devices and a few varitations of screen size. Preferably releasing on both is optimal but as a solo developer it's just easier to target one platform at a time otherwise nothing would ever get released ;)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Yeah just a little bit easier (i think so anyway) to release on iOS intially as you only have to deal with 2 devices and a few varitations of screen size. Preferably releasing on both is optimal but as a solo developer it's just easier to target one platform at a time otherwise nothing would ever get released ;)
Fair enough. Btw fantastic game, already addicted :)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
If me as a player is Not Out its not being accounted on the average. Is it a bug or implemented in that way? @miniBos

miniBos

School Cricketer
If me as a player is Not Out its not being accounted on the average. Is it a bug or implemented in that way? @miniBos

The average should be based of dismissals, I'll take a look at it. Thanks for your feedback, please post any other issues you find!

Last edited:

Storer11

Club Captain
Just a few things:

- teams never score under 100. Always around the 140-180 mark.
- catches are never dropped.
- seems to be that if I hit a boundary the next shot has to be a defensive shot otherwise I go out.
- should be able to change teams at the end of the season.
- you should be able to run quick singles from the start of your career. When I hit the ball to the fielder on the boundary it's a dot ball.

Last edited:

miniBos

School Cricketer
Just a few things:

- teams never score under 100. Always around the 140-180 mark.
- catches are never dropped.
- seems to be that if I hit a boundary the next shot has to be a defensive shot otherwise I go out.
- should be able to change teams at the end of the season.
- you should be able to run quick singles from the start of your career. When I hit the ball to the fielder on the boundary it's a dot ball.

Thanks for your feedback!

- The scores do generally range from around 140 but can go into the low 200s. This is mostly because if the opposition didn't score a decent total it doesn't present a huge challenge. In the future I'd like to introduce different variables into the simulation to make low scoring games possible and more realistic like pitch and weather conditions.

- Catches can be dropped but it's a little on the fielders side atm > Next update will put it back in the batters favour about 10%. Also slow moving outfield catches are more likely to be caught then fast infield catches but it's also dependant upon the fielding teams fielding stat.

- Yeah the batting does have a little bit of nuisance to it, you don't necessarily have to block every 2nd ball (In fact I'd advise against that) but playing a variety of shots helps. As your batsman does level up however it is possible to go the tonk a bit more often than early in a career.

- This is something I did think about but probably won't be implemented for a while and It'd probably be more in terms of a contract style situation. i.e. These two teams are offering you a 3 year deal etc. But this is a while off.

- Hit the gym and get that fitness up!

Users who are viewing this thread