OTHER Snooker 19

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah I succumbed and bought game and only played lower ranked players and their safety isn’t too bad being honest

The black/now white curtain between every shot is horrible though and there are issues still needing resolving but game bit better in some respects than I thought

kamy100

Associate Captain
They have announced the new patch:

Snooker 19 - Feedback and Updates
renderTimingPixel.png

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all of your feedback and support for Snooker 19 so far! We're currently preparing updates for the game that will address a number of key points of feedback you've shared so far:

• AI safety play improvements including a bug-fix for the AI taking roll-up safety shots.

• Character animation improvements including bug-fixes to rests being used in incorrect situations and incorrect hand positions.

• Online matchmaking - fixes to server connectivity issues and improvements to match-making stability.

• Commentary improvements including a bug-fix for incorrect situational commentary lines being played that don't match up with the gameplay.

• Additional bug fixes and overall stability improvements.

This isn't an exhaustive list, just some of the key topics of feedback we'd like you to know are going to be addressed very soon in updates. We'll keep you posted when these are ready to go live.

We hope you're enjoying the rest of the game and please keep sharing your feedback with us as you play.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They have announced the new patch:

Snooker 19 - Feedback and Updates
renderTimingPixel.png

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all of your feedback and support for Snooker 19 so far! We're currently preparing updates for the game that will address a number of key points of feedback you've shared so far:

• AI safety play improvements including a bug-fix for the AI taking roll-up safety shots.

• Character animation improvements including bug-fixes to rests being used in incorrect situations and incorrect hand positions.

• Online matchmaking - fixes to server connectivity issues and improvements to match-making stability.

• Commentary improvements including a bug-fix for incorrect situational commentary lines being played that don't match up with the gameplay.

• Additional bug fixes and overall stability improvements.

This isn't an exhaustive list, just some of the key topics of feedback we'd like you to know are going to be addressed very soon in updates. We'll keep you posted when these are ready to go live.

We hope you're enjoying the rest of the game and please keep sharing your feedback with us as you play.
It’s a start, the first 2 points especially but a long way still to go

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
First impressions the quick game was a waste of time hardly had a shot in the 2 frames I played career mode was better getting the hang of it and you can save as well.Accidently went into an online game not for me at the moment.in theory If they can improve it there should be decent online tourneys need to extend the clock a bit maybe let the players decide before they start I am sure it will come

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Just got my first century break :yes. Well happy.

I bet you are...well done. My highest break is currently 53........although I've managed to achieve a trophy/merit thingy for playing a 'plant'. Oh....and the rule where you concede the frame if you miss a red (or nominated ball) on 3 consecutive attempts when you're not snookered is in the game.........I've already lost a frame in this way!!

D

Deleted member 193590

I bet you are...well done. My highest break is currently 53........although I've managed to achieve a trophy/merit thingy for playing a 'plant'. Oh....and the rule where you concede the frame if you miss a red (or nominated ball) on 3 consecutive attempts when you're not snookered is in the game.........I've already lost a frame in this way!!

It's great when you get your first 50,think I had 3 breaks of 70 before this.I always try to do a realistic break with good positional play,don't like to play unrealistic shots if I can help it.talking of trophies,the shot where I potted 2 reds I got a trophy for that.

D

Deleted member 193590

Well done, really good break. I have had the game for a week and am struggling, highest break is 53.

thanks,stick at it you'll get there,my highest break was 79 before this.main thing is you just need a bit of luck with the run of the balls.

D

Deleted member 193590

What's the general consensus? Tempted to get this this.

if you're a snooker fan then I would say get it,the game needs a bit of work with the computer controlled players but it's still pretty good and it looks like there will be a lot more patches.the ball and table physics are really good though,that for me is where it excels.really good career mode as well.
If you want it for online,then I would say don't bother yet it's supposed to be terrible.

Good honest review here

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
I love the game....but then I'm probably a bit biased as I'm a massive snooker fan. Gameplay is everything for me and on release and with first patch, I'm really enjoying the game. I haven't tried the online play yet.....the 30 second shot clock is putting me off. Some of the players graphics look 'odd' but you can generally recognise who they are supposed to be. My main gripe is I can't put myself into the game/have a career mode playing as me. (The player in the game that I play as cos I look a bit like him is Stephen Maguire, lol).
It can only improve with future patches.

Users who are viewing this thread