Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thanks.

Hopefully, in the course I'm doing now, we'll learn all about partitions, so I'll be able to go ahead and buy my 500gb monster, leaving the old 160gb as the system drive. Course is IPRO Diploma in System Support Level 2.

That brings up another question. When scanning for viruses and so on, should you do your non system drive as often as your system drive (I do)? I mean, it'll take a little while to scan a 500gb drive, won't it?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
It would take time, no doubt, but If you intend to put music, videos as a majority, the scanning will not take too much time.
It is obviously dependent on what type of files your 500Gb HDD is going to hold. If you want to install Games/Programs, then scanning is a MUST.
If it is only music, videos, images etc, you might as well skip scanning as regularly.

Btw, Good luck for the course :) Hopefully it will help you a lot in the future.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
But always remember, don't always depend on the course, self trial and error is the best method to learn! :) I'm saying from experience because I haven't taken any courses, meh I'm only 16 eh. :p

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I don't think an update has been released for Directx 10? :confused

I guess the only update was included in SP1. After that, I couldn't find any update, I may be wrong though. I'll check it out and get back if it is there.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
But always remember, don't always depend on the course, self trial and error is the best method to learn! :) I'm saying from experience because I haven't taken any courses, meh I'm only 16 eh. :p

That can be true, but if I make a mistake on the course, I haven't just fried my own PC.... ;)

Sixteen eh? On the edge of life and all that, lucky sod! Wish I was sixteen/eighteen...

(Song 'The Way We Were' plays quietly in the background)...

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have a Question :D .
What would the best Gaming System, can work all and every day and more in the future I am Rich?
What would be an avg Gaming system, can work most of the game of today. I am Middle Class?
What would be the lowest and good system, can work most of the games. I am poor?

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So here's one we prepared earlier... (pricing is in AU$, though)
http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=97647

Wow unfortunately my price out here is different, check this out http://www.bajanbestbuy.com/compsys_config.php
The system like this would cost me Approx ($1125 US), which is $2251 bds currency

Intel Based:
Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 2.4GHz 1066MHz 8MB LGA775 EM64T CPU, Retail
Samsung SN-S082D/BEBN Slim 8X Double Layer DVD+/-RW Drive, Bulk W/Software
Vantec NexStar-3 / 320GB SATA2 / 3.5 inch External Hard Drive
Kingston KVR667D2N5/1G D2-667 1G/128x64 Memory
GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS4 Core 2 Quad/ Intel X48/ FSB 1600/ DDR2-1200/ A&2GbE/ ATX/ DES Motherboard
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD3850 Ultimate Silent 512MB 2DVI/HDCP PCI-Express Video Card, Retail
Thermaltake SopranoRS 101 VG7000BWS No Power w/ Window Supply MidTower Case (Black)
iMicro OGM-67WTP PS/2 Optical Mouse (Silver/Black), Bulk
Logitech Value 100 PS/2 Keyboard (Black)

Last edited:

omkarjere

International Cricketer
I am having a few queries:

Can I put SATA II Hard Disks on SATA ports ?
What is Latency ? (read in reviews. this applies to RAM I think)

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Hey Abhas & KI her's what i purchased days back !!:D:D

Cool ?:cool:

chetan0304 added 1 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

19361289io4.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread