Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Your CPU is scorching at around 74C - There is something definitely wrong as I had suggested to you sometime back as well. Something's wrong there, I guess it might be a wrongly attached cooler or too much vCore is being supplied.

Your chipset also seems to be madly heating up, and might be another cause.

CPU overheating might actually be the issue for the HDD issue too, since when the chipset overheats it can't properly accept southbridge signals and hence the problem in HDD or even optical drive calibration.
How come the core is heating that much ? my Cab is open and still its heating that much. I don't have a case fan so is this the cause ? and will installing a new heatsink help ?

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can any1 tell me, What is defragment ???

:D

PC it's like a a work desk.
if you get new files, or you take out files from your drawer etc. and put it on the desk, and just put back everything in the draw with out arranging it, it would be hard to find.

this same thing happens to PC.

so to arrange your file, you should do Defrag. where it would sort out all your program,etc. and make you Pc runs faster.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
How come the core is heating that much ? my Cab is open and still its heating that much. I don't have a case fan so is this the cause ? and will installing a new heatsink help ?
It could be if the CPU heatsink would not be in direct contact with the CPU die, if the thermal paste has become way too old, and mostly the reason, lots of dust in the cpu heatsink. If you can, reseat the CPU heatsink if you know how to do it and give it a thorough cleanup using any exhausts and a soft brush. Don't do anything to the CPU itself though.

Kshitiz_Indian added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Data is stored in a HDD in circular discs. Now you would expect a certain piece of continous data to be in one place, like a game's files, but it isn't. They spread out in a random pattern and over use things become too clogged up in the HDD. So what happens is, since the HDD reads the discs by rotating them, when it reads one file and needs another, it has to wait one full spin or half or like that to reach the other part of the data and vice versa, causing data accessing to be way to slower. If all the related data were in one place, it would be much faster to access it in one spin itself since it would be continous.

Defragmenting means the combination of all the related data into one place, and recombining everything for faster access times. It speeds up old PC's a LOT.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
I have a Problem here. I don't know if anyone encounter it as yet.
I never came across this Error as yet.

Some one give me they Laptop to Fix.

It's a Toshiba brand, Intel Celeron.

When I turn on the PC. After the Logo.
This Error comes up.
"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt.
\Windows\systems32\l_intel.nls

You can attempt to repair this files by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM.

Select 'r' at the first screen tp start repair"

I put in My Windows XP Cd, and try to repair it but it isn't repairing.
I never fix a Laptop as yet.
So i don't know if the CD is picking up.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

I'm no expert, but I'd imagine it's somewhat unwise not to have a case fan.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
It could be if the CPU heatsink would not be in direct contact with the CPU die, if the thermal paste has become way too old, and mostly the reason, lots of dust in the cpu heatsink. If you can, reseat the CPU heatsink if you know how to do it and give it a thorough cleanup using any exhausts and a soft brush. Don't do anything to the CPU itself though.

Ohh wait a minute a few months back my curiosity to see how my processor looks I had removed the Heatsink over the processor and some of the thermal paste got stuck on my hand since then my CPU is heating a lot. I told my tech guy to put the Heat Sink back and he did but I think most of the thermal paste was removed from the heat sink (which got stuck on my hand :p) So should I apply a new thermal paste to my CPU & Heatsink ? will it work ?

Pranav

ICC Board Member
In the context of administering computer systems, defragmentation is a process that reduces the amount of fragmentation in file systems. It does this by physically reorganizing the contents of the disk to store the pieces of each file close together and contiguously. It also attempts to create larger regions of free space using compaction to impede the return of fragmentation. Some defragmenters also try to keep smaller files within a single directory together, as they are often accessed in sequence.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Ohh wait a minute a few months back my curiosity to see how my processor looks I had removed the Heatsink over the processor and some of the thermal paste got stuck on my hand since then my CPU is heating a lot. I told my tech guy to put the Heat Sink back and he did but I think most of the thermal paste was removed from the heat sink (which got stuck on my hand :p) So should I apply a new thermal paste to my CPU & Heatsink ? will it work ?
Yes, might be, because thermal contact is very important for thermal heat transfers, you might as well need new thermal paste, but please get a good one and not those 10 bucks "bubble-gum's" one generally gets. :p

Though I would advise if you're not yet an expert with all these sorts of things, get a technician to fit it properly. :) Also see if all four locks are properly set in, because if they aren't, contact is not proper. :)

Kshitiz_Indian added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

I have a Problem here. I don't know if anyone encounter it as yet.
I never came across this Error as yet.

Some one give me they Laptop to Fix.

It's a Toshiba brand, Intel Celeron.

When I turn on the PC. After the Logo.
This Error comes up.

I put in My Windows XP Cd, and try to repair it but it isn't repairing.
I never fix a Laptop as yet.
So i don't know if the CD is picking up.
If there's no crucial data on the windows drive a reinstall would be good. But to fix it you might have to go through some long cuts. Sometimes copying a file manually from the CD does the trick but then who knows there might be more files corrupted like this.

What error does the repairing thing give? Also, you have to use that came with the laptop, and not any CD, because it might also have its specific drivers built in. :)

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Are you using the recovery console or the repair windows installation?

I would recommend doing a "repair reinstall".

When you boot with the windows CD, the main menu on the blue screen comes up. (where it says - Press 'r' to enter recovery console.)
It would give an option of installing windows - Select that.
If an EULA come up, press F8 to agree.
now it will search for existing installations.
If the existing windows installation comes up, select that, and select repair.

This step will lead to a repair reinstall as I call it. None of your existing files will be removed, just the essential system files are renewed.

You will need the same Service pack CD. eg. if your installation was SP2, You will need an SP2 CD to do this. Keep the CD key handy You will need to enter it.

If the existing windows installation does not come up, then you are stuck :p
In that case, install another windows in a separate partition, backup all data, and then do a full system format.
Install windows again, and youre done :)

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Yes, might be, because thermal contact is very important for thermal heat transfers, you might as well need new thermal paste, but please get a good one and not those 10 bucks "bubble-gum's" one generally gets. :p

Though I would advise if you're not yet an expert with all these sorts of things, get a technician to fit it properly. :) Also see if all four locks are properly set in, because if they aren't, contact is not proper. :)

Kshitiz_Indian added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

If there's no crucial data on the windows drive a reinstall would be good. But to fix it you might have to go through some long cuts. Sometimes copying a file manually from the CD does the trick but then who knows there might be more files corrupted like this.

What error does the repairing thing give? Also, you have to use that came with the laptop, and not any CD, because it might also have its specific drivers built in. :)

Man Laptop are Creepy :D .
I finally find out how to re install Win XP. I format the system good, and when i try to install windows they keep asking me for the Windows cd. The the F------ Cd inside the cd. yet they asking for it :help

Abhas

Retired Administrator
When does it ask for the CD??

It may be that your CD Rom lens needs cleaning? is your disk scratched?

Abhas added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

btw, did you try what I told you to?

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Are you using the recovery console or the repair windows installation?

I would recommend doing a "repair reinstall".

When you boot with the windows CD, the main menu on the blue screen comes up. (where it says - Press 'r' to enter recovery console.)
It would give an option of installing windows - Select that.
If an EULA come up, press F8 to agree.
now it will search for existing installations.
If the existing windows installation comes up, select that, and select repair.

This step will lead to a repair reinstall as I call it. None of your existing files will be removed, just the essential system files are renewed.

You will need the same Service pack CD. eg. if your installation was SP2, You will need an SP2 CD to do this. Keep the CD key handy You will need to enter it.

In that case, install another windows in a separate partition, backup all data, and then do a full system format.
Install windows again, and youre done :)

Yep i am stuck.
I try everything you told me above before you can tell me :D.

By the way, it's isn't my PC :D, and the owner said do anything, by the way even if I have to save some file it would be hard since i just can't get on :D
I am going to install XP SP 3 today, just waiting for the stores to open.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
I got the System up and kicking but I have a Problem, still.
I forgot to mention it. As I say i am not to Familiar with laptop, the Laptop have a serious problem.
If I off it and left it for say 1 - 2 hours and than come back to it. It take about 15mins t on, If I keep on pressing on and off to start up. Once it's on. I am restart it and it don't go off. What can be the Problem with it.

Users who are viewing this thread