Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
This isn't really a problem, more a question. I want to buy a new 500gb HDD, that I am only going to use for games/music etc. I currently have a 160gb (or so) HDD that is split into C:\ (System drive) and D:\. What I want to do is add all (or most of) the space from D:\ into the C:\ (system drive), so I have much more space on the system drive, as it's currently dipping below 15% on a fairly regular basis, from what I've heard that can lead to issues when defragging it. I presume this involves re-partitioning the drive and that's beyond my current PC knowledge.

Can anyone help?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
There are softwares like Partition Magic which can repartition the drives without the need to format the computer. It is quite effective as can be seen from the reviews.
It is a paid software, and although I haven't used it myself, it has been rated as an excellent software.

I recommend that if you don't have a problem, better format the computer, and repartition according to your needs.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Ok. Here is my problem.

I have downloaded Google Chrome. However I can only scroll down with the touchpad, not up. What can/should I do?

And another one, how do I find my device details/drivers?

Thanks in advance.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Ok. Here is my problem.

I have downloaded Google Chrome. However I can only scroll down with the touchpad, not up. What can/should I do?

And another one, how do I find my device details/drivers?

Thanks in advance.
This happens to be a problem in google Chrome I think, its just a BETA so its bound to have some problems...

And for the device drivers, what you can do is go to computer - right click - properties - device manager and you'll see them! :)

omkarjere

International Cricketer
OK I have a problem I have recently made changes to my PC so here is my new config:

Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz
1GB DDR2 RAM
Mercury PI945GCM
XFX Geforce 8400GS Special Edition (512MB/DDR2)
PERX 400W ATX PSU
Seagate 160GB SATA HDD
Sony 16x DVD-RW
Windows XP Pro SP2

The problem is when I start my PC it works fine and after around half n hour passed the PC restarts and shows me Error Loading Operating system... I have to change my HDD power cable then the PC works fine but again after around half n hour it gives me the same error. any permanent solution for this. I require this urgently :( Is this related to my config ?

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Most probably your PSU is choking up. Its probably not being able to supply enough juice for the system. You would need a better PSU I think.

It could also be a HDD problem but I've had this kind of problems before and it turned out to be a PSU problem, or else the hard disk just won't work even once.

Try working on onboard graphics(Disconnecting graphics card) and without your optical drive and see if the system's stable then. If its a PSU problem it should get stable then.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Most probably your PSU is choking up. Its probably not being able to supply enough juice for the system. You would need a better PSU I think.

It could also be a HDD problem but I've had this kind of problems before and it turned out to be a PSU problem, or else the hard disk just won't work even once.

Try working on onboard graphics(Disconnecting graphics card) and without your optical drive and see if the system's stable then. If its a PSU problem it should get stable then.
I will try this :)

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Is the system Heating up as well?
I had this problem some time back, and it was either the HDD cable, or the PSU. I changed both, so i don't really know which.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Is the system Heating up as well?
I had this problem some time back, and it was either the HDD cable, or the PSU. I changed both, so i don't really know which.
I had contacted a technician he had the cable might be faulty so changing it will fix the problem. One more thing My PC hangs after a few hours have passed why so ? I also have a question can I connect SATA II HDD on SATA port ?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Test your RAM. memtest should be the best tool to do so.

Overheating could also be an issue if the computer hangs frequently. Make sure it is properly cleaned from inside, and well ventilated.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Test your RAM. memtest should be the best tool to do so.

Overheating could also be an issue if the computer hangs frequently. Make sure it is properly cleaned from inside, and well ventilated.
OK I'll do a RAM test but when I see the temperature using PC Wizard it shows CPU Temp : 25C but when I saw it in BIOS it showed 70C+ also my GPU is running at 74C is it OK ? I have XFX Geforce 8400GS Special Edition.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
ok here is a screen of my temps any advice

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 41

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Your CPU is scorching at around 74C - There is something definitely wrong as I had suggested to you sometime back as well. Something's wrong there, I guess it might be a wrongly attached cooler or too much vCore is being supplied.

Your chipset also seems to be madly heating up, and might be another cause.

CPU overheating might actually be the issue for the HDD issue too, since when the chipset overheats it can't properly accept southbridge signals and hence the problem in HDD or even optical drive calibration.

Users who are viewing this thread