Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

Meghraj_17

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Almost every folder in my friends laptop is in the form of shortcuts,unable to open anything,can we recover the files and folders without formatting?Any ways?Pretty urgent,he has his mark sheers scan there and he wants to mail them to the universities :(

RecoverMyFiles should do the trick.

shubham466

County Cricketer
I have forgotten the password of a winrar file. It is possible to still open it. If so, how?

All password recovery software take too long to recover the password. In fact, There is no way to recover such passwords.

I heard somewhere that someone had created a "RAR Password Remover" which removes the rar password without recovery. But it has been banned because of illegal operation.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Relax Guys, It's a virus.
First let me know the operating system.
Go to control panel, and search for Folder Options
In the view tab, select Show Hidden Files and Folders
Uncheck the "Hide Protected Operating system files" (or check "Show System Files" as the case may be)
Select OK, and now check the folders. You'll find all the original folders, albiet, in a hidden state.

----------

Alternatively, download 7-Zip, install it.
It has a file manager called 7-Zip File Manager which shows the hidden and system files by default. Simply navigate to your required folder using that.

----------

Oh, and not to forget, please install an antivirus and run a full system scan after updating it.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm using Vodafone 3G dongle since a long time.It used to work very well.Now,when I connect it using Vodafone mobile broadband app it gets connected but whenever I try to open any sites it says 'This webpage is not available' in google chrome.I've tried other browsers and the problem still exists.For now,what I'm doing is inserting the Vodafone sim card onto my phone which supports 3G and use it on my laptop using wifi(personal hotspot) and it works pretty well.Please help,thanks.

Ashu54

Club Captain
I have recently bought Microsoft life cam vx-800 but the system doesn't seem to recognize it... first it recognised lifecam vx-800 but no drivers and then after disabling all firewalls there's no such name and there are the other drivers like imaging devices and usb audio devices are installed but in control panel under printers,cameras and scanners folder theres no camera....

Here are my specs-
Xp SP 2
1GB Ram
Pentium 4 (pity on me)
Radeon HD 5450

Abhas

Retired Administrator
If your dad's laptop has a firewall, try disabling that. Sometimes, ads from various websites cause this type of DNS failure.

It's a little odd that you have to reconnect the network every time you encounter this.

Ashu54

Club Captain
Hey I tried to revive my Home theater system of John Barrel 5.1 Dolby surround sound pro-logic.....

I connected my PC with Aux input but is there any method to get full fledged surround sound....

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
error 628 remote computer doesn't respond
I Always gets this error today when i tried to connect my tata photon plus modem to pc.

Users who are viewing this thread