Soon On PlanetCricket...

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm interested. Had good days playing with Lakers and Celtics in NBA 03 and 07. Too bad that we haven't got this game legally available here, in my proximity.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
When Sohum asked me for ideas about this a few days ago, I had a good look through those threads and I'm starting to see how flawed the system was. The team was not balanced at all and there was no rhyme or reason for the ratings. If people want to go with an NBA team of PC members, so here's what I'm proposing:

• First five signups will be starters, hence will have a higher rating
  • Sixth signup will be the sixth man
  • Next four signups will be role players
  • The last 2 bench players and other roster spots should go to actual scrubs from the NBA so there are no PC members that are always on the bench

Now the starting 5 will always have immense pressure on them to perform or they could see less and less minutes or eventually be benched, the sixth man can see upward or downward mobility based on his performance but will see the least change (based on position of course), and the role players can always hope for more minutes or even starting roles in case of injuries/bad numbers from starters.

I think this is the most fair and realistic way of doing things.

Thoughts?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
That sounds like a really good idea, apart from the fact that some people won't be on when you create the thread so they don't get regular gametime. Anyway, create it now and it will be fine :p

Looking forward to it.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
May create the thread tonight. Still got to scope out a few things. I like Mark's idea in his FS story of keeping a waitlist or such of the players so that if anyone is inactive they can be waived and active people can be signed on.

P

pcfan123

If you combine a waitlist with NP's idea of have a second string and a 3rd string team that should sort out any inactivity.

Also if you are going to play it on PC, then maybe ask some of the graphics guys and they might be able to design custom jerseys for the team.

Looking forward to it, hoping to sign up for a 2nd string spot myself.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
If you combine a waitlist with NP's idea of have a second string and a 3rd string team that should sort out any inactivity.

Also if you are going to play it on PC, then maybe ask some of the graphics guys and they might be able to design custom jerseys for the team.

Looking forward to it, hoping to sign up for a 2nd string spot myself.
They have some jersey design options in the editor but they're pretty limited. Might fancy a crack at it myself. I just haven't bothered getting any patches for the PC version yet since I've basically been playing it on 360 for a while.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Yeah I'm definitely keen on being part of your PC team Sohum, some great ideas floating around already. I thought of getting 2k11 on PC and doing something similar but then I realised just how bad my PC is :p

#
# The last 2 bench players and other roster spots should go to actual scrubs from the NBA so there are no PC members that are always on the bench
I really like this idea, it will minimize the inactive members and make sure everyone's getting at least some minutes at one point. As long as one of those scrubs is Sean Marks!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think I may have misrepresented my thoughts.

Still going to have more than 5 PC players, but maybe not as many as 10 (depends on the number of sign-ups). If there are a lot of sign-ups I could consider making two teams but that may make it overly complicated.

But yeah, definitely will try to hit around 8 PC players and then 2 NBA scrubs. That way the rotation doesn't become too long.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
But yeah, definitely will try to hit around 8 PC players and then 2 NBA scrubs. That way the rotation doesn't become too long.

You need 12 players though. You figure 5 players will get 30-35 minutes, with the sixth man getting close to 30, that still leaves plenty of minutes for 3-4 role players to prove something. I think you should have a minimum of a 8-9 man rotation, all PC players of course.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Will members be interested in a lawn tennis story? I'm thinking to start a lawn tennis story and I'll need at least 6-8 members to take part in the story.

Chewie

BCCI President
lawn tennis as compared to table tennis.

Users who are viewing this thread