Who deserves to win SOTM, Dec 2009?

• Kev's Ashes Thread Thingy - Kev

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
apart from Brendon, every one of those members is Indian.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Sad times indeed. Gone are the days when the story writers had a bit of dignity and didn't vote for their own stories :( Bring back the days of (active) Suren, M_Waugh, Gamerkid, Arslaan, treva and freddiw, when the story forum was at it's height and people just wrote for fun, not for a silly SOTM award. Also the actual quality of writing is now appaling. I know it is down to the higher proportion of non-English speakers in this part of the forum, but is it really hard to proof read? If I go into a story and I am struggling to understand it after a few lines I'm just going to exit out. Only see the point on commenting on stories which actually deserve it.

I voted for myself only to boost up this thread so that more people come up and vote even for others.
Not any specific intension behind. And When I have 17 votes in my Hand, and 60+% of people who voted with me, Why do I need a self vote??
Even if I wouldn't have self voted, I had great lead.
One more time I say, I Self voted only for boosting up this thread and make people read what is SOTM (for the people who dunno whats is this.) and utilize their vote.

Highlander999

ICC President
I voted for myself only to boost up this thread so that more people come up and vote even for others.
Not any specific intension behind. And When I have 17 votes in my Hand, and 60+% of people who voted with me, Why do I need a self vote??
Even if I wouldn't have self voted, I had great lead.
One more time I say, I Self voted only for boosting up this thread and make people read what is SOTM (for the people who dunno whats is this.) and utilize their vote.

Thought your brother voted for you :sarcasm That is probably the worst reason I have ever heard, for the record. A vote on a poll does not "boost up a thread"

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
apart from Brendon, every one of those members is Indian.
Its Basically a Team India Diary, not Team England or Team New Zealand diary to attract all the readers from England and New Zealand attract.
And even in my Story, I made many changes and brought some unknown players in, which makes the other country readers lose interest.
You might have questioned this if it was some IPL story, or some career based story.

Binnu added 3 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Thought your brother voted for you :sarcasm That is probably the worst reason I have ever heard, for the record. A vote on a poll does not "boost up a thread"

See the way the thread got bumped.
See the post before my post by Suren, it was posted on 18-12-09, 11:08 AM.
And no posts for 5 days. and after I posted that, 16 posts in approximately 24 hours.

Highlander999

ICC President
What, so you think that because no one had commented, no one cared? SOTM never gets too many comments, it's mainly there for the poll, not for a huge debate. The story forum has been fine for many a year, it doesn't need new people coming along and trying to change it.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
What, so you think that because no one had commented, no one cared? SOTM never gets too many comments, it's mainly there for the poll, not for a huge debate. The story forum has been fine for many a year, it doesn't need new people coming along and trying to change it.

I don't need to CHANGE it, whereas I just wanted everyone interested utilize their vote:)

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Tbh, I don't think it deserves Story of the Month. But this isn't a great month for the stories.

Gary123

School Cricketer
Sad times indeed. Gone are the days when the story writers had a bit of dignity and didn't vote for their own stories Bring back the days of (active) Suren, M_Waugh, Gamerkid, Arslaan, treva and freddiw, when the story forum was at it's height and people just wrote for fun, not for a silly SOTM award.
I'd love to see this happening. ^

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Yeah, agree that not a great month for stories but next month will be a lot better though. A closer contest, I reckon.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Highlander's story is going on and Gary also looks to have started a strong story. Hopefully these two can put a tight contest.

I guess its your own call if you want to vote for your own story or not. I used to read stories here (I still do at-times) but the quality has decreased in the last few months. I havent been that old member to have read those great ancient stories :p

Stories Should be written for the entertainment of yourselves and others. When I was writing one, my main intention was to entertain the readers and myself. SOTM was just an indicator of my success. Sad to say I failed miersably, didnt even get nominated once, :facepalm :p

Users who are viewing this thread