Story SOTQ(Jan,Feb,Mar) - Evaluation Completed!

Who deserves to win SOTQ - First Quarter?

• A Tiger's Tale by Covvy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
One last reminder - Poll gets over by today :) Lets roll on!

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
User looks clear winner, but dunno! if someone from nowhere comes up and votes for Aditya, there might be a twist;)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Thank you all for the participation in voting. We are in the process of evaluating the evaluations received. Will let you know the final results soon. :)

Also just one more gentle reminder - SOTM April 2010 will be starting this Friday. 23rd, 24th and 25th of this month.

just_cricket

Club Captain
I seriously thought about voting for Covvy actually. The humour in his story makes reading it really quite enjoyable...

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Fine, Here we go the final evaluations.

From the Poll :

Go Tigers Go by User2010 - 8
England International season by Treva - 5
India's journey by Aditya - 5
Mumbai Indians IPL story by Shantanu - 4
Tigers' tale by Covvy - 0

Apart from three panel members( Shantanu, User2010 and Treva ),We also appointed a secret member for evaluation which will normalize the calculations. Here are the final results,

India journey to the 2011 World Cup by Aditya - 35.625/50.
England International Season - Treva - 41.8/50
A Tiger's Tale - Covvy - 35.25/50
Mumbai Indians - Duniya Hila Denge Hum!!!-Shantanu - 38/50
Go Tigers Go- A Bangladesh Story! by User2010 - 40.8/50

Hence the total tally,

1. User2010 - 41+8 = 49/60
  2. Treva - 42 + 5 = 47/60
  3. Shantanu - 38 + 4 = 42/60
  4. Aditya - 36 + 5 = 41/60
  5. Covvy - 35 + 0 = 35/60

For Writers to do Self Analysis to see where they have gone down :-

In terms of Commitment(out of 10)

1. Shantanu - 9
  2. Aditya - 8.5
  3. User2010 - 8.5
  4. Treva - 8.3
  5. Covvy - 5.8

In terms of Quality(out of 10)

1. User2010 - 8.7
  2. Treva - 8
  3. Covvy - 7.8
  4. Shantanu - 7.7
  5. Aditya - 6.9

In terms of Presentation/Innovation(out of 10)

1. User2010 - 9
  2. Treva - 8.5
  3. Covvy - 7.3
  4. Shantanu - 7
  5. Aditya - 7

In terms of StoryLine(out of 20)

1. Treva - 17
  2. User2010 - 14.7
  3. Covvy - 14.5
  4. Shantanu - 14.3
  5. Aditya - 13.3

Feedback from Panel Member for writers to improve :-

1) Treva's Feeback

India journey to the 2011 World Cup by Aditya

a) Commitment as a writer ( Points out of 10 ) - Aditya has commited a large amount of time to this story and is always open for suggestions. He acknowledges other members efforts and it seems he enjoys the feedback. I give him 9/10 for commitment.

b) Quality of a story ( points out of 10 ) - Aditya is consistent with updates and writes a great deal of information in every update. I give him 8/10 for this section.

c) Presentation and Other Innovative stuffs ( Points out of 10 ) - A nice common layout used by many writers, and although not totally original, it still works well. Graphics can be a little messy and slightly unprofessional, but there is a lot for the audience to view. For this section I give him 7/10.

d) Story Line ( points out of 20 ) - There isn't a storyline as such, more of a tour as it pans out. Being in it's early days as a story he can bring in more articles and controversies ect. as the story progresses. For now I'll give him a base rate of 10/20, because there isn't enough updates to fully evaluate a story line.

Go Tigers Go- A Bangladesh Story! by User2010

a) Commitment as a writer ( Points out of 10 ) - Updates are always full of quality and time has clearly been put into it. He takes any feedback and relishes help or advice from other members. Despite a small break he has come back strongly and deserves 8/10 for me.

b) Quality of a story ( points out of 10 ) - User has produced one of the best stories since the likes of Suren and Gamerkid, using many ideas from them but also making it his own. An excellent effort from a relatively new member, and I give him 10/10.

c) Presentation and Other Innovative stuffs ( Points out of 10 ) - Second to none in my eyes. As i said, ideas taken from Suren and Gamerkid, as well as some tips and scoreboard help from yours truly, has given this story an excellent finish. It is tiday and it is very easy on the eye. There are still some small aspects to work on but 9/10.

d) Story Line ( points out of 20 ) - Not really any storyline yet, with little in the way of reports. It's early days yet so, again, I'll give it a 10/20 for storyline.

2) User2010's Feedback on Writers

Commitment
- (9/10) Aditya's commitment has been very good here. The improvement has been immense since the start of the story. His attitude towards the readers' comments is very well and he tries to improve the story day by day. It is updated frequently and is going well. I'll give Aditya a 9 for his wonderful commitment.

Quality of a story
- (6/10) If I could give a certian 'Most Improved Story' tag, I'll give it to this one. The start was very poor, I must say. After that, Aditya with his consistent hard work has taken this to a next level. The writing still needs to be improved though. That is the setback actually for this. Huge paragraphs don't matter for me. It is the content which does. Writing has improved a bit but still it needs more improvement. I've to be a bit harsh here so that he improves in future. So, I'll give him a 6 for this.

Presentation and Other Innovative stuffs - (7/10) Something lacks here. The screenshots are good but sometimes not too good on the eyes. Same goes with the writing as well. Some innovations like Hawkeye, Predict and win contests are good. But, sometimes the graphics are wrong in context of the game. Stretched images or images not in proportion spoil the show as well. Take time and produce quality work. Hurried update is no reason for me. I'll give him a 7 here.

Story line - (13/20) Everyhting was going good. Suddenly, Aussies and Kiwis came in the 'Indian' story. That was weird for me. I can think of posting just the scores for other macthes but the whole match updates? No. What is the difference then between an Indian story or say an Australian or a New Zealand story? Another thing is the practice matches. The whole match updates weren't needed just a summary of the whole match in one update would have done the things. I'm giving him 13 for this.

Total - 35/50

I just hope you take these postively and reply me back strongly by some very good updates. Good Luck!

England International Season - September 2nd, 2007 - India in England by treva

Commitment
- (6/10) This story has been running for over 2 and a half years now. That shows how good Trev has been and his commitment. In past three months though, updates haven't been consistent. I'll give hime a 6 still looking at his commitment right from the start.

Quality of a story
- (7/10) This is one of my favorite stories when it comes to quality. I love the fact that Trev also provides other cricket updates along with England's matches. One big let down recently has been lack of writing in the updates. So, I give him a 7 here as well.

Presentation and Other Innovative stuffs
- (8/10) I love it! The presentation is top-notch and is very easy on the eyes. I'm giving him a 8 for this. A bit more writing and some other stuff would have had a perfect 10.

Story Line - (17/20) It has been a brilliant story thus far. The story line is always the key to success and Trev has had a fantastic one. I'll give this a 17.

Total - 38/50

Overall, one of the best stories and I hope you keep this going and keep on entertaining us. Good Luck!

A Tiger's Tale by Covvy

Commitment
- (5/10) Very poor. The story is fantastic but Covvy's commitment has let it down. He himself knows that, I think. So, I won't go further on this. I'm giving him a 5 for this so that he actually starts updating it often.

Quality of a story
- (7/10) Though the updates have been very irregular from past one month or so, the quality has been very very good. I love the writing and story isn't dull. The interviews are excellent as well. The sense of humor is what keeps me really interested in this. Some TV shows or stuff like that may make it better. Still, it's good enough to get a 7.

Presentation and Other Innovative stuffs - (7/10) Beautiful! The use of colors, fonts, etc. I mean everything is done really well. This is one of the stories which I always look forward to see some updates as I can't wait. Unfortunately, I'm disappointed in this aspect so far. Innovations aren't much in this, still it is managed nicely. I'll give a 7 here as well.

Story line - (13/20) So far so good. It has been decent till now. A few more updates would make it clear to me. I'll give him a 13 here.

Total - 32/50

If you would have updated this a bit more regularly, you might well have got maximum points out of all the other nominees from my side. Good Luck!

Mumbai Indians - Duniya Hila Denge Hum!!! by shantanu_rooney

Commitment
- (10/10) Do I need to say anything about this? Shantanu has been very consistent with the updates. He has taken into consideration some of the suggestions by posting some off-field updates as well. I cannot find any reason to take anything away from him in this aspect. A perfect 10!

Quality of a story
- (8/10) The story started with a bang! It has followed the trend so far. The quality has been exceptional and it takes some effort to maintain that thing. I'd have liked a bit more things in this other than the match updates. Still, it deserves an 8.

Presentation and Other Innovative stuffs - (7/10) Presentation is clean and neat and not over-done. This is what I like about the story. I'll give full marks for the presentation but innovations is where the problem is. In an IPL story there could have been some contests running for Mumbai supporters. So, I'll give him a 7 for the presentation alone.

Story line - (17/20) It has been very good. Some injury updates, team news, etc. has helped. There are like 7 teams in the contention of a semi-final spot except Deccan Chargers. It just makes it very exciting. Good for 17 points.

Total - 42/50

Hope to see some very good updates during the semis and the final. Good Luck!

Well, we also took the secret members' evaluation into account. He is none other than, one of the fantastic writers here in story forums - just_cricket :)

3) Just_cricket's feedback on Writers

Mumbai Indians - Duniya Hila Denge Hum!!! by shantanu_rooney

Commitment as a writer: 8/10. Very regular updates, and although he has clearly made an attempt to get through the group stages without having to put in too much effort, the updates have never decreased in quality since the first post

Quality of a story: 7/10. Has made a good effort to make simple stuff work, and I think he has pulled it off. While there is nothing mind blowing, the regular, cleanly presented updates are nicely written and interesting to read.

Presentation and Other Innovative stuffs: 7/10. Good clean presentation, again nothing startling but nice font and colour choices, in an easy to read layout make for easy reading. There is nothing too innovative, as far as I can see, but that had been the point of the story so far ? simple is good!

Story Line: 15/20. Has chosen a simple sort of story line, following a well known tournament. And while there have been many attempts at IPL stories, this appears to be the first to (hopefully) go the distance. Interesting match reports, as well as the odd injury update and thought from a captain or coach, are the main parts of the story line which epitomises its simplicity but effectiveness.

A Tiger's Tale by Covvy

Commitment as a writer: 6/10. Unfortunately updates have been irregular which has caused the loss of points, but when they have come commitment is evident, with nice graphics, well thought out pieces of writing and excellent presentation.

Quality of a story: 7/10. The humour element is what sets this story apart in my opinion. Without it, it would be an average story that has no amazing graphics and simple writing with match reports. But with it, it is a joy to read and makes one read the serious parts of the story. When updates are posted, it is clear that effort has been put in to please the readers.

Presentation and Other Innovative stuffs: 8/10. The humorous interviews with players and commentators are the main innovations, which serve the story well. Presentation is clean and eye-catching, with the writing and graphics laid out in a nice way to read.

Story Line: 17/20. A new idea which has more or less never been thought up before, a big score on points for originality. It is not that easy to judge right now, with many fixtures to go, but he seems to have a reasonable plan of where the story is going.

Go Tigers Go- A Bangladesh Story! by User2010

Commitment as a writer: 8.5/10. Only the lack of frequent updates prevents a score of 9 or better. Commitment is obvious ? updates are often quite long with lots of writing and well put together compilations of screenshots of what is happening in the game. He has clearly put a great deal of thought and work into this story.

Quality of a story: 8/10. The writing is what sets this story apart in my opinion. The graphics are nice, presentation is reasonable but the mature style of writing is the finest feature. I recall one particular preview of a game (India v Bangladesh?) was just great. I?ve read much poorer such articles on Cricinfo!

Presentation and Other Innovative stuffs: 8/10. 5/5 for innovation, 3/5 for presentation. As almost everyone will agree, this story is one of if not the most innovative stories going around. It seems every update has in it a new idea, be it comments from readers incorporated into the story, the use of in game screenshots of players in post match presentations, the list goes on. Unfortunately, in my opinion the presentation lets it down. I know this is contrary to most readers? opinions but for me the colours can get a bit sickly. Some of the graphics? colours clash a bit with the text, but good on him for trying a different font and colours from many other stories.

Story Line: 18/20. While the concept of lifting Bangladesh higher in international cricket is not entirely new, User_2010 has manufactured an excellent story line from this idea. Updates are detailed and really build up the story into something more than text and pretty pictures.

England International Season - Treva

Commitment as a writer: 9/10. While recent updates have been a bit infrequent, I have followed this story for quite a while, and the fact that it?s been going as long as it has is quite some tribute to the writer.

Quality of a story: 8/10. Looking through the story, it has simply got better and better. The style of writing shows his maturity, and the TV graphics (scorecards) are amongst the best I?ve seen on PC.

Presentation and Other Innovative stuffs: 8.5/10 In my opinion this is one of the nicest presentation styles. Clean, well considered font and colour choices combine with simple but innovative ways of showing graphics (i.e. the highlights are pictures all in a row) for easy, enjoyable reading.

Story Line: 17/20. The story line appeared to stagnate for a little while, but now seems to be moving smoothly (if anyone understands what I mean!) In other words, the matches against India seemed to drag on, giving the sense that the writer was just trying to get them out of the way. But I?m probably totally wrong about that, and in the past couple of months the updates have been very good, and the storyline is moving forwards. Again, the fact that the storyline has managed to go so far shows just how good it is!

Commitment as a writer: 8/10. From the first update, it is clear that a lot of work has been put into this story, and a lot of effort put in to improve. If there was a prize for the most improved story, this would be the winner hands down!

Quality of a story: 6.5/10. As it is Story of the Quarter I have tried to only judge it within the quarter, and at present the quality is quite good, more at a 7-8/10 level. Unfortunately not so long ago it was not up to that standard, riddled with grammatical errors and mistakes, which has cost him on this occasion. Now though, despite a few grammatical errors and some stretched images, the overall quality is on the improve.

Presentation and Other Innovative stuffs: 7/10. The last couple of updates have been almost faultless in terms of the smoothness of presentation. Once again, however, earlier updates were not of such quality. Innovativeness is not much of a part of the story, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. The Matches themselves are focused on and this has its good points and its bad points compared to stories (such as my own!) which get carried away with extra side things.

Story Line: 15/20. Nothing startling or particularly inventive about the storyline, just simplicity at its best ? it works well here. A journey to the world cup story which has been well thought out and looks like it may go the distance, or at least go a lot of the way! I liked the idea of posting other teams? games as well, which adds some detail to the story and creates another dimension to the story.

So, thats it from the evaluation side. I would like to thank each & every panel member - User2010, Treva and Shantanu for taking time to analyze & judge the stories based on many criteria. These indeed will be of great to help to writers to do self analysis & improve based on the feedback received.

I would also like to mention a special thanks to just_cricket for playing the secret judge role. :)

Evaluation completed, rewards to follow...

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Feels good to win this. Feels even better to know what improvements are needed. I'll take all the feedback and try to improve every aspect of the story. Congratulations to all other nominees as well because if the story is nominated here, it has to be good. Thanks to all the judges and also staff of the Story forum.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Quite happy after reading the comment. Now I at least know what are the next step I should take and what are the things I am doing wrong. Thanks a lot to judges and staff member of stories forum. :)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Sorry to those that I couldn't give feeback to, just been very busy of late. Congrats User, fully deserved.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Well basically I jsut need to update more. Which is hard since I have a hectic schedule. Oh well, people will just have to be patient with me:D

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Really nice to know what I should improve in my story to make it even better. Congo User you truly deserved the win. And this SOTQ really works well :banana2

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Well basically I jsut need to update more. Which is hard since I have a hectic schedule. Oh well, people will just have to be patient with me:D

If you struggle for time, the best thing to do, is write a few updates at a time and then just stagger the updates, so if you do it a time when you can't update for a while, instead of making a meal out of it, you have some updates in the bag and can just post them.

Users who are viewing this thread