South Africa in England

I know But still Bopara is more capable of playing a long innings than Shah.
though it is my opinion which sucks most of times. :p
For Example you can expect Bopara to leave six deliveries on off side corridor when Situation demands,but you can't expect same from Shah.
I think this is a right move.

No offence mate, but how the hell are we supposed to know?

It willl probably be wright though.

holdenator added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

I know But still Bopara is more capable of playing a long innings than Shah.
though it is my opinion which sucks most of times. :p
For Example you can expect Bopara to leave six deliveries on off side corridor when Situation demands,but you can't expect same from Shah.
I think this is a right move.

Do you watch much English domestic cricket? I would actually put more money on Shah being there for a longer period of time.

i think bopara will flop badly he's lucky Steyn injured but he'll get outdone by Morkel and Nel it should of been Shah who saw his innings yesterday that was magical

Ayub 95 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Wright's never impressed me as an opener, hope it will be prior

He adds agression to the top but i would do Prior open and Wright at 6 and Flintoff at 7

Wright's never impressed me as an opener, hope it will be prior

Wright has always looked good down the order but I think we should maybe perissit with him for a bit longer as the opener. It's not as if he has done a bad job? but he certainly hasn't been at his best.

English Domestic Cricket,well,not much but recently I have watched someone name Ravi has scored 201 for Essex and He has played nearly every delivery on Merit(though it was different format).But He got a real class.
No offense Shah is also a quality player.but it is just my own view,I would have picked Bopara over Shah any day.;)

Manee, you can't judge a player purely on stats. It really gets on my nips when people do that.

Very few OD players perform better in ODI cricket than in Domestic OD cricket and this is something that you cannot ignore. If this weren't the case, then I am sure that Botham and Vaughan would have excelled as ODI batsmen.

Bell is a good ODI Opener he can be aggresive but careful and you need someone like him with Wright/Prior do you think Cook should play i don't he so slow i think he only hit 1 six in his career so far

You have to wonder if the selectors actually watch the matches because they have made another inexplicable decision in picking Bopara over Shah. Essex fan I may be, but Shah is a better play than Ravi and more ready for test cricket.

Shah is consistent (every time I see him he gets runs. 50 in the NZ ODI, 70 in the T20 Cup finals, 96 not out last night) and has a great technique. He has shown he can do the job before, he basically won us the game in Bombay in 2006 with his 88. Against a quality bowling attack and in extreme heat. Bopara - he has looked utterly out of his depth so far in the test arena.

So because Bopara has played a few tests in one of the most difficult places to tour and against the best spin bowler ever we should immediately cast him off as out of his depth? That's just silly. Shah deserves his place but the fact is that he hasn't been picked. Deal with it. Bopara deserves his place his as well. The selectors can't pick everyone.

So because Bopara has played a few tests in one of the most difficult places to tour and against the best spin bowler ever we should immediately cast him off as out of his depth? That's just silly. Shah deserves his place but the fact is that he hasn't been picked. Deal with it. Bopara deserves his place his as well. The selectors can't pick everyone.
My point is, Bopara doesn't deserve his place. There is 13 places in the squad and Shah deserves one more than Bopara because he is a better player. I'm not saying cast Bopara off forever, I'm saying he's not ready for it yet, while Shah is. Once again, the England selectors show they are a complete joke and they can't do as good a job as the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread