South Africa in England

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Samit Patel is a good selection for me. I think someone who could be very useful for England, a batsman who can get through 10 overs of tidy spin. I don't see him getting into the final XI unless you put him in for Bopara.

I've only heard good things about the guy. Bats at four (I think) and is a very handy bowler.

Just now in ICC, Samit hit 70 runs for me and took 4-25 from 10. It's a sign :D

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It has just been revealed that Ryan Sidebottom has been left out of the team for the test match tomorrow. Stuart Broad and Steve Harmison will come in.

Collingwood50

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It has just been revealed that Ryan Sidebottom has been left out of the team for the test match tomorrow. Stuart Broad and Steve Harmison will come in.

Great to see Broad back, but i just can't fathom the selection of Harmy

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Good decision for me. Sure the batting looks weak but at least we have a chance of taking 20 wickets with 5 bowlers. Just gotta hope that Flintoff/Ambrose/Broad can get 150+ runs between them.

MUFC1987 added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Great to see Broad back, but i just can't fathom the selection of Harmy

He's quick and he's in form. How does it not make sense?

Sureshot

Executive member
Because he's proven that he isn't up to it mentally. Touring India and WIndies this winter, can you see Harmison surviving out there? We all saw what happened to him on previous tours. He can't stand being away from his family (fair enough).

Having said that, I think he will do quite well at The Oval.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I love how everyone thinks that they are an expert on Steve Harmison's mental state these days.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
So why were people so skeptical of Harmison playing at Edgbaston and now the Oval? It's just silly. I'd want him in my squad if he's in the kind of form he is now.

And seeing as your all such experts on him, how can you say that he might not turn a corner under a new captain? Nothing's black and white in cricket, just give the poor lad a break.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Because he's proven that he isn't up to it mentally. Touring India and WIndies this winter, can you see Harmison surviving out there? We all saw what happened to him on previous tours. He can't stand being away from his family (fair enough).

Having said that, I think he will do quite well at The Oval.

If I remember correctly he quite enjoys touring the West Indies..Didn't he take his best figures there?

Users who are viewing this thread