South Africa in England

slade

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Harmison can't tour and he can't bowl in ODIs so the selectors call him up for the last test of the summer?

"If I remember correctly he quite enjoys touring the West Indies..Didn't he take his best figures there?"
7 for something I think. But he was approaching his peak then. I just feel he doesn't have the inclination to leave his family and go on a long tour to India with the heat, humidity, food etc.

Collingwood50

Club Cricketer
Don't Worry...

1st ball of Harmison's spell tomorrow will go to 158th Slip

He'll go at 6 an over and will get the odd lucky wicket

He'll be dropped for Simon Jones and everything will be super duper:D

Far abeit from me to make sweeping stereotypes, but isn't that whats going to happen?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Don't Worry...

1st ball of Harmison's spell tomorrow will go to 158th Slip

He'll go at 6 an over and will get the odd lucky wicket

He'll be dropped for Simon Jones and everything will be super duper:D

Far abeit from me to make sweeping stereotypes, but isn't that whats going to happen?
No Harmison is in form.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Of course I'm concerned from an England point of view since we don't know which Harmison will turn up. I would still of gone for Jones but if he can bowl 90mph, that gives us at least something different from bowlers bowling 85mph.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
It is a myth that Jones was a quick Test bowler, post his 2002 initial injury. He lengthened his run up and now bowls moreso 80-88mph in Test (and presumably FC) cricket going off his speeds in West Indies in 2004 and Ashes 2005. He can crank it up for T20 and OD cricket - but then, he was never that good at either.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Jones can bowl 90+mph as he showed in the Ashes. As for his ODI form, he was a little wayward but he was playing Australia.

As for Harmison, if Morkel can get 4 wickets bowling as he did, Harmison could get a 5-for!

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
So, are you disputing the fact that he can bowl over 90mph? He can.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Jones did not bowl many balls at 90mph in the 2005 Ashes.

Sheesh, this obession with pace again.

Simon Jones is roughly the same pace as Jimmy Anderson and that's quick enough for me. Evidently bowling 90mph isn't quick enough for Manee so Jones is actually a medium pacer. In fact, he's an off spinner.

Users who are viewing this thread