South Africa in Pakistan - 2007

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This will be Pakistan's first test series after World Cup 07, I am looking for a good performance from Pakistan, it will be first time Malik captain of the test team, we'll see how he goes. On the other hand South Africa have a good record in pakistan:

Total in tests Pakistan VS South Africa (in Pakistan)
tests Pak SA Draw Tie
--5---1----1----3----0

Total in ODIs Pakistan VS South Africa (in Pakistan)
ODIs Pak SA Draw Tie
-10---5---5---0

-------------------

First test
1 October - 5 October,
National Stadium, Karachi, Pakistan

Second test
8 October - 12 October,
Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore, Pakistan

First ODI
October 18,
Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore, Pakistan

Second ODI
October 21,
Arbab Niaz Stadium, Peshawar, Pakistan

Third ODI
October 23,
Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, Pakistan

Fourth ODI
October 26,
Multan Cricket Stadium, Pakistan

Fifth ODI
October 29,
Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad, Pakistan

Insomniac

Title Recipient
What I find shameful is playing just 2 test matches?

Ever since October 2004, we've never played a 2 test match series at home ; our last one was against Sri Lanka, which was drawn 1 all.

I thought the PCB were 100% against 2 test match series... Hmmm...

I'm gonna predict 1 all here too :(

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I find it strange also that there are only two Test matches being played. Three matches would have been better. But maybe it has something to do with the upcoming tours after this series.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
So this is Shoaib Malik's first as captain and Geoff Lawson's first as coach? Interesting little series.

It's not uncommon for Pakistan to do this, the aim would be to win the first match and a high scoring draw is totally acceptable for the second. National Stadium and Gaddafi Stadium are fortresses in world cricket, a total of 1 game has been conceded to the away side at National Stadium, in all its 52 years of Tests.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Two test series are reserved for teams like Bangladesh...at least 3 tests for teams as evenly matched as these. I expect Pakistan to come away with a series win in both forms, South Africa don't cut the mustard away from home.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
You can't quite cut Mustard. Can you?

SA are quite the team. They are sometimes compared with Pakistan. Due to both having all-rounders lower down and up the order. But now their quite different.

gary0808

Club Cricketer
With two teams as closely matched as each other I'm surprised its only a two match series. Both teams hve an excellent bowling attack and both rely heavily on particular batsman to score. Pakistan (Yousuf and Younis Khan) South Africa(Kallis, Prince and Smith). I'm going for Pakistan in tests and South Africa in the ODI's

Users who are viewing this thread