South Africa vs Zimbabwe & Pakistan, October-November 2010/11

venom2011

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah comfortable win. Pakistan showed no real grit and Afridi's wicket was the game-changer The pitch wasn't one for high-scoring cricket.

I must say I'm very impressed by the young boys Ingram and Miller especially. Miller is a serious talent, and I see many Klusener-like performances in his future.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Hmmm at first i thought this ingram was highly over rated especially after a horrible CLT20 but he proved his class yesterday with some power hitting under real pressure

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan is 74-5 after 13 overs. So the match is going like yesterday. Yesterday's score of 119 runs was Pakistan's second lowest score ever. The other low score of about 90 runs was also achieved this year.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
And another win for South Africa. It was expected before the match started, but it didn't go that easily. At some point South Africa was facing a runrate of 8.5, but Duminy and Ingram made the difference in an over that costs 18 runs.

Yesterday's Man of the Match is Duminy, but I would have voted for Ingram. Today the Man of the Match is Theron and rightfully so. Botha won the Man of the Series. Personally I would have voted for Ingram, because he was among the finishers of the two chases that happened in the previous two days.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Hmm well you could pick some easier opponents, your recent ones are all pretty good (Australia, England and South Africa). But yeah, there's a lot of improvement that needs doing.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Yeah but were also suppoused to be a good/great T20 team.
Instead we've got our 2nd and 3rd lowest totals in T20 cricket here

angryangy

ICC Chairman
And it was probably the sort of pitch they would have done well on 3 years ago. Misbah has turned into a turtle.

stefan

International Coach
Another good performance from the boys. Only worry from the game is the second death bowler. Theron was excellent but morkel bowled a lot of lenght deliveries and got smacked a bit.

Interesting to see what side they pick for the odi's. Batting seems to be settled. Even if ingram is making a big push to get a spot somewhere but I think he will be the reserve batsman barring any injury or loss of form.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Well ingram showed his class yet again with an excellent cameo yesterday and also owned shoaib akthar . Thought gul's bowling to be key for pakistan's defence but he bowled very badly . poor morne morkel never should have been given the 19th over . Before that , his figures read 3-1-8-1

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Well this is just disappointing, the team selection is just horrible. Didnt see a single bowl from both games, but it doesnt take a genuis to see we failed horribly.

Hafeez is crap and I am not really sure of Shahzaib. He looks horrible but I thought he might have carried some form from the T20s.

Hafeez
Younis
Shafiq/Alam - if Alam drop him down the order
Akmal
Misbah
Afridi
Haider
Razzaq
Gul
Akhtar
Ajmal

Younis to open is allright IMO, I dont want either Shahzaib or Farhat to waste a spot and I would also prefer Hafeez out, but that would mean going without any genuine opener, plus he can bowl as well.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Pretty soft effort after 30 good overs; the ensuing abomination yielded 9/63. To some extent, it can be a tough wicket to score off the old ball on, but it still seems more towards 250 than 200.

Users who are viewing this thread