South Africa

stefan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Seriously how on earth did Van Wyk get picked as keeper?!?!? 65 runs in five innings doesn't sound so bad, but 42 of those were against Oirland. Against the Test nations he's scored 13, 5 and now 5 again.

Can they not do like in 'Escape to Victory', break his arm or something and call up a reserve keeper? Or give gloves to De Villiers?

He actually has a very good record in list a in SA but that is opening the innings. To be exact he averages 40.61 with 17 100's and 35 50's.

The original idea was to have him only as the reserve and let ab keep but ab's back problems have forced the issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if ab can keep that SA plays all three spinners in some of the knockout games depending on the pitches. Van wyk hasn't done much at number 7 and both botha and peterson have contributed.

War

Chairman of Selectors
He actually has a very good record in list a in SA but that is opening the innings. To be exact he averages 40.61 with 17 100's and 35 50's.

The original idea was to have him only as the reserve and let ab keep but ab's back problems have forced the issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if ab can keep that SA plays all three spinners in some of the knockout games depending on the pitches. Van wyk hasn't done much at number 7 and both botha and peterson have contributed.

Ye Van Wyk is batting out of position coming in @ 7.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Given that the match is going to be held in Bangladesh, spinners will no doubt play an important part. SAF needs to play Botha,Peterson and Tahir. Go in for a 5-bowler strategy, as their batting is quite strong.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
I would say they should go with the same lineup they fielded against India with Tahir in for Botha. SA can collapse in batting too.

Users who are viewing this thread